• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here mamba. A gift. Likely one of two such announcements coming before next week.

[ame="https://twitter.com/Softykjr/statuses/416813957182406656"]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/statuses/416813957182406656[/ame]

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only issue that I have with Sark bringing in Wilcox is that Helton has done a great job with our defense.

However, Wilcox is also very good and Sark knows him better than Helton, so it makes sense from that perspective.

Oh and GO DAWGS!!

You're making it difficult to hate USC.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here mamba. A gift. Likely one of two such announcements coming before next week.

https://twitter.com/Softykjr/statuses/416813957182406656

Does not surprise me. I think I read on a draft site that he was already contacting agents weeks ago. I don't think he ever really considered staying at UW.

Sankey on the other hand I have a bit of hope for. It seems that he really is still trying to decide if he wants to stay or not. He apparently received a 3rd round evaluation, I believe he has more to lose by staying but he may believe if he stays another year he could bump that up to a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Another year of endless UW girls, superstar status in the Seattle area and the possibility of going down as a UW legend doesn't seem too bad either though. Tough decision for him. Wouldn't blame him for picking either one.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another year of endless UW girls, superstar status in the Seattle area and the possibility of going down as a UW legend doesn't seem too bad either though. Tough decision for him. Wouldn't blame him for picking either one.

It would be huge for the program if he did return, I like reading the part were he wants to get his degree, that would way alot on his decision on returning...

The other part would be if the NFL is telling him he's projecting as a 3rd rounder right now, he could very easily move up to 2nd round with a good pro day....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only issue that I have with Sark bringing in Wilcox is that Helton has done a great job with our defense.

However, Wilcox is also very good and Sark knows him better than Helton, so it makes sense from that perspective.

Oh and GO DAWGS!!

Uh, I mean Pendergast!! Too much Skywalker OG while posting!! :L
Can't believe you guys let that one slide!!:lol:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does not surprise me. I think I read on a draft site that he was already contacting agents weeks ago. I don't think he ever really considered staying at UW.

Sankey on the other hand I have a bit of hope for. It seems that he really is still trying to decide if he wants to stay or not. He apparently received a 3rd round evaluation, I believe he has more to lose by staying but he may believe if he stays another year he could bump that up to a 1st or 2nd round pick.

He is getting a fair amount of pressure from his family to finish his degree and that's a significant part of his decision. I always have to laugh at that though because even on a 3rd rnd pick salary if he doesn't make it in the NFL he will more than make enough money to finish his degree after football if that is important to him.

You really don't get the sense that his legacy is a motivating factor. He may be one of the most humble kids I've seen go through there.

As for his stock in the next draft, a lot will depend on how many other RB's are in that one. Ka'deem could still stay another year I believe as well and I don't know if any of the other top 5 RB's are coming back. I'm sure those around him are going to advise him on the outlook for RB's in the drafts for this year and next and what the overall landscape is.

If I was his adviser I'd be telling him to pack up and leave without a second thought. Of course there is a chance he stays, but I find it slim at best.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac 3-1 now, up next the Sundevils, ( with a huge point spread)
And for the record how in the hell did Arizona land a bowl game on New Years Day? I know its not a big name bowl but still on New Years??? And for you younger guys in the old days bowl games were all played on New Years, there wasn't three weeks of bowl games...

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Sankey.... 300 carries is a lot of wear and tear and he has two of these over last two seasons.

RBs that are ready and eligible go to NFL 99% of the time. Life on those guise just isnt long enough to pass up that cake.

Another season for Sankey equates to another 300 carries on that body. A season down the road that could be worth 5 mil. ( 2nd contract money)

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Sankey.... 300 carries is a lot of wear and tear and he has two of these over last two seasons.

RBs that are ready and eligible go to NFL 99% of the time. Life on those guise just isnt long enough to pass up that cake.

Another season for Sankey equates to another 300 carries on that body. A season down the road that could be worth 5 mil. ( 2nd contract money)

He has carried a lot the last two seasons, my point sure I wouldn't be pissed if the kid came back, but at the same time he has done so much for this program and I want him to get his money, heck I would love for Chip to add him to the stable of backs in Philly....

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has carried a lot the last two seasons, my point sure I wouldn't be pissed if the kid came back, but at the same time he has done so much for this program and I want him to get his money, heck I would love for Chip to add him to the stable of backs in Philly....

I would bet dimes to donuts that one of the NY teams end up with Sankey, Carey, or Williams.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac 3-1 now, up next the Sundevils, ( with a huge point spread)
And for the record how in the hell did Arizona land a bowl game on New Years Day? I know its not a big name bowl but still on New Years??? And for you younger guys in the old days bowl games were all played on New Years, there wasn't three weeks of bowl games...

OSU and UA lucked out getting passed over by the New Mexico Bowl.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet dimes to donuts that one of the NY teams end up with Sankey, Carey, or Williams.

Well for my sane mind I hope Sankey does the Jets and not the Gmen, wouldn't be fun watching one of the best back to come out of UW playing against my Iggles twice a season,:L

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils bowl game is n 2 days hope yall watching a real team play there the team dat looks like men! That goes fo you Wallace lmfao! :laugh3:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is getting a fair amount of pressure from his family to finish his degree and that's a significant part of his decision. I always have to laugh at that though because even on a 3rd rnd pick salary if he doesn't make it in the NFL he will more than make enough money to finish his degree after football if that is important to him.

Respect to his family encouraging him to finish his degree. I would imagine that a lot of families would encourage their kid to go the draft route for the money. 3rd round pick makes around $3m on their rookie contract. Even if Sankey made around an average of $70k a year for 30 years which is pretty generous considering he is probably not a STEM major, he would make $2.1m over 30 years of working. That is obviously not taking into account taxes or inflation.

Serious question though, couldn't Sankey declare for the draft and still finish his degree? He could just pay for tuition himself, no? Was never sure how that worked. He could take online classes during fall quarter during the football season and take courses on campus during winter and spring quarter during the off-season.

You really don't get the sense that his legacy is a motivating factor. He may be one of the most humble kids I've seen go through there.

I generally don't watch player interviews or focus much on what they have to say mostly because it is somewhat discouraging but that is good to hear.

Makes sense for him to declare but I would love for him to stay another year. The fact that he is taking this decision seriously is enough to earn my respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.