• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never suggested or expected he would. But you know the old saying, things happen in threes. Cited merely as a concern after the fact. Don't believe anything, now, after the fact, that history would suggest anything but a success for Pete wherever he is, just to what extent. What I should have mentioned was the fact that he was so highly sought after all across the country there must be some fire under all that smoke.

Ok so this is the second time you mentioned " fire under the smoke" so just exactly what are you beating around the bush about?

Cause I've never ever heard anything as to the NCAA sniffing around a program that Petersen coached or over saw?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but what that tells us is he knows how to teach up the kids he does get and no one denies that.

He will now be fishing in a much bigger pond. Boise was largely left to take what the big guys didn't, plus those kids who wanted a smaller school for whatever reason, plus those kids who weren't going to academically qualify for the bigger schools. How many big recruits (4 star plus) did they ever take in their classes?

Now he will have all of those things you cite, but so does the other 11 Pac schools plus those majors from across the country that try to poach out of our region. Does he have enough to attract those big name kids? It is easy to say he should based on past performance, but we have seen other coaches fail at this when going to the majors from the mids.

I'm not going to say I expect him to fail at all. All I'm saying is it has to be an unknown until we see it. It has to be.

All signs are he will do well with that, but it will depend on the quality of his coaches and his persuasiveness compared to the rest of the Pac's HC's.

I don't doubt his ability to coach kids up, but what I'm saying is that he found talent that slipped through the cracks. The scouting system is not perfect. I mean just look at the NFL draft, every year there are guys who become stars that slipped to the later rounds, and NFL draft scouts have a much smaller pool of kids to scout. When your pool of players to pick from is every high school football player in the area you have a lot more guys who can slip through the cracks. IMO there is no doubt that a big part of Boise State's success is finding those guys who slipped through the cracks. They found NFL caliber talent while not having much to offer.

1st round pick CB Kyle Wilson a 2 star prospect
2nd round pick WR Titus Young a 3 star prospect, 94th ranked WR in the country
3rd round pick WR Austin Pettis a 3 star prospect, 99th ranked WR in the country
3rd round pick DE Tyrone Crawford a 3 star prospect
1st round pick HB Doug Martin a 2 star prospect
1st round pick DE Shea McClellin a 2 star prospect
2nd round pick CB Jamar Taylor a 3 star prospect

There is no doubt these kids were coached up but you also can't deny that Petersen found NFL talent among the players that the bigger schools did not want.

Plus I think most of recruiting is selling the school which is not that hard. I'm not worried about Chris Petersen's recruiting ability.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba since your the "mode for this board" I have a couple questions as to this site:

1) Where is it listed as to the rules of this site?

2) Where is it listed as who the "mods"are listed?"

Thanks

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba since your the "mode for this board" I have a couple questions as to this site:

1) Where is it listed as to the rules of this site?

2) Where is it listed as who the "mods"are listed?"

Thanks

on CFB board, scroll all the way down, names on the right in green are your mods. Located same place on each page, so you can tell which mods are the mods of that particular board.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on CFB board, scroll all the way down, names on the right in green are your mods. Located same place on each page, so you can tell which mods are the mods of that particular board.

Why thank you OD, its so good to have you back from your BS "timeout"!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt his ability to coach kids up, but what I'm saying is that he found talent that slipped through the cracks. The scouting system is not perfect. I mean just look at the NFL draft, every year there are guys who become stars that slipped to the later rounds, and NFL draft scouts have a much smaller pool of kids to scout. When your pool of players to pick from is every high school football player in the area you have a lot more guys who can slip through the cracks. IMO there is no doubt that a big part of Boise State's success is finding those guys who slipped through the cracks. They found NFL caliber talent while not having much to offer.

1st round pick CB Kyle Wilson a 2 star prospect
2nd round pick WR Titus Young a 3 star prospect, 94th ranked WR in the country
3rd round pick WR Austin Pettis a 3 star prospect, 99th ranked WR in the country
3rd round pick DE Tyrone Crawford a 3 star prospect
1st round pick HB Doug Martin a 2 star prospect
1st round pick DE Shea McClellin a 2 star prospect
2nd round pick CB Jamar Taylor a 3 star prospect

There is no doubt these kids were coached up but you also can't deny that Petersen found NFL talent among the players that the bigger schools did not want.

Plus I think most of recruiting is selling the school which is not that hard. I'm not worried about Chris Petersen's recruiting ability.

You make a good point but if want UW to be atop the conference they need more than just low star guys hoping Coach Pete can coach them all up. I'm sure a UW fan would rather have a team stocked with players who could get a cup of coffee with any professional league over having a couple of NFL players. I don't think there is a question he can coach but I think it is fair to say its a wait and see with his recruiting of enough pieces to maintain success.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OD is back!! SWEET!!

They seemed to have let him off his leash, but sadly it appears they lobotomized him or something. So far he has looked more like Oly than OcD. :noidea: Maybe it will take him a few days to get back up to crazy speed?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They seemed to have let him off his leash, but sadly it appears they lobotomized him or something. So far he has looked more like Oly than OcD. :noidea: Maybe it will take him a few days to get back up to crazy speed?

Hopefully soon!!

Hey OD, those little white pills that they're giving you? Cheek them!!:lol:

And SKOOOO Trees!!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its only the 1st half but goddammit who was the only poster that said it would be Stanford winning this game??? Oh thats right it was me.,.... :suds:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its only the 1st half but goddammit who was the only poster that said it would be Stanford winning this game??? Oh thats right it was me.,.... :suds:

Uh, I picked them and have the PAC-12 Pick 'ems Championship riding on it!!:suds:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 more quarters to go boys. Stanford has shown they go to sleep in the 2nd half. They had big leads against Notre Dame and Oregon both and almost blew it. They were at home for those ones. :suds:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 more quarters to go boys. Stanford has shown they go to sleep in the 2nd half. They had big leads against Notre Dame and Oregon both and almost blew it. They were at home for those ones. :suds:

Your right IB 10 minutes and then we can brag about ASU not being able to hang with Stanford....

Status
Not open for further replies.