• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess would be that if Sark wants Lupoi and Wilcox and they are a package deal, then there's likely a couple of mega bucks donors saying "Get them, we'll handle the buyouts".

We'll see, though. These situations are always fluid until everyone signs on the dotted line.

Yeah, and the buyout was the hangup before Coach Pete came aboard. Don't forget Wilcox coached under him for a few years. So theres ties there.

I'm sure Petes going to do and say everything possible to keep him at UW.

Going to be crazy the next few weeks. :suds:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I hope your sources are better than Mamba's. His didn't work out so much. :laugh3:

Seriously though, the assistant coaches do make a difference, but you pay for the right head coach and it is his vision that counts. It is his ability to find talented coaches and get the most out of them. UW had the best overall coaching staff maybe in the history of the school under Sark (bob rondeau agrees) and now it is Petersen's turn to assemble what he can here.

I'm sure Pete will bring in a few from BSU, but let's face it, he is in a much bigger pond now and likely needs to look around for upgrades. If we hired the right guy he will find them and build something worthy of calling themselves huskies.

The guy that I heard is Petros Papadakis. He's a former USC running back and a bit of knucklehead, but he is rarely wrong when it comes to USC. His Dad (John Papadakis) is also a former Trojan who is very involved at USC and hangs with the high level donors, etc.

I don't know if his Dad is his source (he doesn't say), I just know he's usually right.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy that I heard is Petros Papadakis. He's a former USC running back and a bit of knucklehead, but he is rarely wrong when it comes to USC. His Dad (John Papadakis) is also a former Trojan who is very involved at USC and hangs with the high level donors, etc.

I don't know if his Dad is his source (he doesn't say), I just know he's usually right.

That guy's a fucking dumbass!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and the buyout was the hangup before Coach Pete came aboard. Don't forget Wilcox coached under him for a few years. So theres ties there.

I'm sure Petes going to do and say everything possible to keep him at UW.

Going to be crazy the next few weeks. :suds:

No doubt!!

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: But he's not usually wrong about what's happening at USC.

I can see that. He has always let is USC boner show. But goddamn how has he stayed employed as a analyst/commentator?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We all know who Petros is. No need to break him down when you mention him. He has been in coverage of the Pac for several years now and his radio show was carried up here for a while. He is also a regular contributor to Dave Softy Mahler's shows as both of them are kind of buddy buddy.

My crack was on Mamba and it won't be the last.

As I was saying, I wish Justin was staying, but even if he did it will only be until the right offer for a HC spot comes along so he wouldn't be here long. Don't expect that he will be at USC long either for the same reason.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that. He has always let is USC boner show. But goddamn how has he stayed employed as a analyst/commentator?

I have no idea. He's pretty good on Petros and Money (even though his voice gets on my nerves sometimes and I have to change stations), but he pretty well sucks as a commentator/analyst.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know who Petros is. No need to break him down when you mention him. He has been in coverage of the Pac for several years now and his radio show was carried up here for a while. He is also a regular contributor to Dave Softy Mahler's shows as both of them are kind of buddy buddy.

As I was saying, I wish Justin was staying, but even if he did it will only be until the right offer for a HC spot comes along so he wouldn't be here long. Don't expect that he will be at USC long either for the same reason.

Those are pretty much my feelings on Wilcox. Of course I'd like to see him stay, but I also feel like taking the million dollar buyout for him now wouldn't be a bad deal.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, if Sark does what I expect that he will at USC, we will lose assistants from time to time just like when Pete Carroll was the coach.

In one of his interviews he talked about how Pete Carroll used to give "impromptu interviews" to his assistants from time to time. He'd sit them down and say act like your being interviewed for this job and start throwing out questions.

Sark sounded like he will continue that. One reason USC always had good assistants under Carroll was that he encouraged them to look for better opportunities and tried to prepare them. It made good assistants want to coach with him.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically this week the conference traded Kiffin for Petersen. Upgrade?

The last 4-5 years have seen a number of coaching changes across the conference with quite a few upgrades. This latest chapter appears to again be a move forward in the Pac12 arms race.

Watch out SEC, your days of running all willy nilly over the rest of the conferences are coming to a close.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically this week the conference traded Kiffin for Petersen. Upgrade?

Yep. For me when people compare conferences and homers rant on about dominance It always come down to the coaching. I don't buy the yearly banter of how dominant one conference is over another in the regular season, but when it comes down to the big game the SEC certainly has been dominant, and the main reason imo is always the coaching.

As a conference, trading Kiffin for Petersen is a monumental upgrade.

Alright fellas it's game time and I feel like rooting for some Huskies! :yahoo:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game pick tomorrow:

ASU 31 - Stanford 34

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the Wilcox talk is still fresh. KJR reported Petersen is bringing his DC with him. I don't know if it means anything regarding Wilcox...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the whole Robinson Cano thing I've been spending a lot of time on the Mariners boards but I just came on here to drop by and say I could not be happier about the Huskies signing Chris Petersen. Seriously I am ecstatic. Today has been a big day for Seattle sports.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do Husky fans stand on the new HC hire?

I could not be happier. Seriously I love the move and think that he could be the next Don James for us. I am honestly so happy about this my hatred for Sark has died down a little because we were able to upgrade coaches due to his leaving for USC. There is no doubt in my mind that Petersen is a far superior coach to Sark, and any damage done by Sark leaving before the bowl I think will be offset by being able to have a coach of Petersen's caliber at our school.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both programs have questions of their respective HC's.

USC: Can Sark bring the discipline he couldn't bring to UW. He is one of the best recruiting HC's in the conference and will have no problems attracting top national talent. Now can he be one of those rare coaches to put all of that talent to work in a way to reach the national stage.

Petersen: Can he recruit on the level of the other Pac HC's. He has discipline and knows how to manage a team and prepare his players for games about as well as anyone in the nation. Can he build a staff capable of getting high value kids away from the other Pac schools going after them?

Only time will tell for both.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

USC: Can Sark bring the discipline he couldn't bring to UW. He is one of the best recruiting HC's in the conference and will have no problems attracting top national talent. Now can he be one of those rare coaches to put all of that talent to work in a way to reach the national stage.

Petersen: Can he recruit on the level of the other Pac HC's. He has discipline and knows how to manage a team and prepare his players for games about as well as anyone in the nation. Can he build a staff capable of getting high value kids away from the other Pac schools going after them?

I think Sark can win at USC. I want him to fail but I think with the talent USC attracts it is difficult for him to lose. I don't think Sark is a great coach, but he is not a bad coach either. I think he falls in the average range, which with his recruiting abilities and assistant coaches should be enough to win at USC.

As far as Petersen's recruiting ability goes I think he should be fine. Bringing in top talent is obviously important but I think classes are defined by the gems you find. Petersen has always seemed to win with the talent given to him, which is not much. Plus, he should find it much easier selling people on UW instead of Boise State.

If you look at UW's past recruiting history the biggest thing you notice is that there are plenty of lower rated recruits who made a difference and plenty of higher rated ones who never did a damn thing.

With the massive pool of high school football players to recruit from, it is not difficult to find those gems. Something that Petersen has seemed to excel at while at Boise State.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty spot on analysis.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Better ya got an ol' ball coach rather than some media spin rodeo clown...WELL DONE and time will tell a story here.

Sark had 2/3 of the puzzle finshed and we all know how easy it is to finish the last third of the puzzle...ENJOY THE RIDE HUSKIE FANS!:gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.