• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some putz HS coach is saying that.

Tweeted a while ago and not one normal media type has retweeted it or said anything similar. Just putting it out there as what is being talked about. Take it for what you will.

I thought he was having his interview on friday? Not sure if I believe that tweet.

Last edited by a moderator:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My theory is that it has to do with low numbers of carries. A RB doesn't run for 5+ yards on every play. Getting only 3-4 yards max on most plays is the norm. As is getting stuff for a loss occasionally or 1 and 2 yards.

Where RB's get better stats is when they break a couple of big runs. 20+ yards or more. And that brings their averages up. But you gotta be pounding the ball to get those usually. Especially late in the game when the defense gets wore down and you are running the clock down etc.

So far at Indy, trent is getting only 10 carries a game. And that's the average, his last 3 games he hasn't even gotten that many. 8 carries vs Tenn, 7 vs Arizona, 5 vs Tenn is his last 3 games.

For his 2 games at Cleveland this year, he was getting about 15 carries a game, and had slightly better stats.

Last year, 18 carries a game average, and slightly better yards per game. Seems relative to me.

Back in the day RB's got 25-30 carries a game. Your faster RB's can break one up for deep and boost their YPC, but power backs gotta be used more often.

Oddly enough, he does better in getting passes out of the backfield than he does running. Gets a bit of running room, can probably break a tackle or 2, etc.

But see the thing is in those 400 carries he has not broken many runs. Which really surprises me because of his extremely incredible athletic ability. He definitely has the speed for it and no doubt has the power to run between the tackles. I'm just surprised it is not translating.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado WR Paul Richardson is going pro.

That guy is a beast.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was having his interview on friday? Not sure if I believe that tweet.

No, it was reported by several outlets that the interview came tonight around 9pm our time. Woodward flew to Boise to talk to him and spent about 90 minutes there. This much we do know. No official word out yet about the outcome. Just some noise from a booster and a high school coach. :noidea:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Patterson declined Texas than accepted it the next day. Rumors UW......... It will all clear up in the morning.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some putz HS coach is saying that.

Tweeted a while ago and not one normal media type has retweeted it or said anything similar. Just putting it out there as what is being talked about. Take it for what you will.

Read all those guys Tweets. Said UW must announce a coach tomorrow and Chris Petersen wants to wait. Will be interesting to see if that is true. How did you come across this?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what Chad told me that Josh Wilcox said was going to happen..... Exactly.

Hmm, I seem to recall you telling us 20 pages ago that the offer was already given and accepted by nussmeier and that it would be announced shortly. That's not exactly what happened, but we know you have to save some face.

You tell me, if Woodward was known to be in Boise State tonight, how is is possible that the Nussmeier job was already offered and accepted? Do I need to go find that quote of yours?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to imagine if the difference between landing Petersen or not is waiting a day that Scott Woodward would not be hard headed enough to say no. UW is not in a rush to announce a coach.

If Woodward pitched his offer I would think it would only make sense to let Petersen sleep on it. If what that coach said turns out to be true (which I doubt) I think that Woodward really dropped the ball.

I'm not opposed to Nuss but think that Petersen is a huge step up.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, I seem to recall you telling us 20 pages ago that the offer was already given and accepted by nussmeier and that it would be announced shortly. That's not exactly what happened, but we know you have to save some face.

You tell me, if Woodward was known to be in Boise State tonight, how is is possible that the Nussmeier job was already offered and accepted? Do I need to go find that quote of yours?

see Nuss thread.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read all those guys Tweets. Said UW must announce a coach tomorrow and Chris Petersen wants to wait. Will be interesting to see if that is true. How did you come across this?

Pretty much all of the people I follow on twitter are related to sports media for either the seahawks and/or huskies. Is there any other reason to be on that stupid thing?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 90 minutes maybe they flew out there to show there love for Petersen idk....... bunch of social media losers tweet about what they assume they have no insight at all.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the conflicting stuff flying around I found this tweet amusing considering Mamba's source...

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]408861333531000832[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 90 minutes maybe they flew out there to show there love for Petersen idk....... bunch of social media losers tweet about what they assume they have no insight at all.

Well, here's the thing that most aren't talking about either. Petersen was in Seattle yesterday recruiting. Who's to say they didn't have a discussion already and today was a follow up? We just don't know and won't know until the official words come out and I'd expect if Petersen is saying no that it will be early tomorrow.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much all of the people I follow on twitter are related to sports media for either the seahawks and/or huskies. Is there any other reason to be on that stupid thing?

Could not tolerate it, even for that reason.

Went through the guy's past tweets and he does not seem to be a credible source by any stretch of the imagination.

I do have a feeling that I will wake up in the morning and the UW coach will be announced though.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not tolerate it, even for that reason.

Went through the guy's past tweets and he does not seem to be a credible source by any stretch of the imagination.

I do have a feeling that I will wake up in the morning and the UW coach will be announced though.

Part of me hopes it is someone not already discussed and everyone gets punked again by Woodward just like last time.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some great sources out there and people even wrote articles on there take were you there? Haha I love social media and the rumor mill its always off has there ever been a correct rumor?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coaching search needs more drama. Go out hire Jones then fire him and pay out his contract lmao!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe so. I believe what I was told. Enough for me.

BREAKING NEWS:

My "source" within the Republican party tell me that Toronto mayor Rob Ford will be announced as the 2016 Republican nomination for president sometime today or in the AM tomorrow.

It has been confirmed. He has been offered the nomination.

Sorry guys I can't reveal my "source", very confidential. Just have to trust me on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.