• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why people think OD is entertaining at all.

It's about like watching some MTV reality show.

:noidea:
You know I'll be eating my words about you when you first came to this site here shortly when I said I'd be willing to bet you would quit before being here 6 months with how sensitive you appeared to be. You do have far thicker skin than I first gave you credit.

Still I said to you back then that everyone is free to ignore people they don't like. There are several people that I really don't ever read a word they type and skip over threads they make for just the reason you state here. Fact is obviously others find those people to add value or they would end up leaving being so lonely.

I'm in no position to dictate to anyone what they should find funny or entertaining.

I will say this though. If anyone says the right (or wrong depending on how you view it) thing about Bama it is guaranteed they can draw you into a troll war. I know some do it just to get you there and I'm sure you know you are being trolled and yet you feed them anyway. At some point you either have to admit you like debating on things you care about or you are saying you lack the self control to ignore it if it is really bothering you. We all have to ask ourselves that when we feed the trolls around here.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn you and your in depth thinking.

Go Huskies!!!

Have to root for Huskies anytime theres a chance to play spoiler in a duckberg scenario.

It's just a law laid down by the football gods.

HAHA! Here I find myself again rooting against Huskies.

I was torn in those March Madness UCONN vs UW hoop games. Man those were some dandies.... Both of em.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks best chance for a BCS @ large at this point is for Bowling Green to beat Northern Illinois.:L

THis is what has come to..... THe MAC CG.....:laugh3:

Oh I love you CFB.

ANd hey, next time we get ready to crown someones ass lets remember this.

THe SEC title game will be played by teams that had 2-14 record in that conference (SEC) last season.

Nobody knows shit about what is going to happen.

Nobody in the world had Mizzou vs Barner in the SEC title game and there it is.

And if somebody did, they probably made a pile of money!!

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we would do the Bowl Pickems as a new and separate pickem.

Include all the bowls and weigh the PAC games. 2 points for each PAC game, 1 point for the rest.

We will put it in the Cal Bears team page.

Why dont we get on somewhere like ESPN (I know some people dont like them) that already has some organization of a pick em. create a group do the picks the site keeps track for us.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we're just going to have to beat Stanford then. Fear the Devil.

Yep. It would be different if the selection order was different this year. If the Fiesta Bowl wasn't functionally stuck with the worst BCS team, I'm sure the Committee old guard would love to take ASU since they haven't got together for 30 years now.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I'll be eating my words about you when you first came to this site here shortly when I said I'd be willing to bet you would quit before being here 6 months with how sensitive you appeared to be. You do have far thicker skin than I first gave you credit.

Still I said to you back then that everyone is free to ignore people they don't like. There are several people that I really don't ever read a word they type and skip over threads they make for just the reason you state here. Fact is obviously others find those people to add value or they would end up leaving being so lonely.

I'm in no position to dictate to anyone what they should find funny or entertaining.

I will say this though. If anyone says the right (or wrong depending on how you view it) thing about Bama it is guaranteed they can draw you into a troll war. I know some do it just to get you there and I'm sure you know you are being trolled and yet you feed them anyway. At some point you either have to admit you like debating on things you care about or you are saying you lack the self control to ignore it if it is really bothering you. We all have to ask ourselves that when we feed the trolls around here.

Yeah I love a good debate. I just like it when the other side has some sense of reality in it. OD is so far out there, I just don't see what is entertaining about it. I personally don't think he really believes what he says, but it's damn hard to know for sure.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On OD, 95% of his posts, while completely homeristic to the point of delusion, are ultimately harmless.

I'd bet it's the remaining 5% that led to his ban. Basically, the deleted and archived posts that Mamba alluded to. Also, the mods have to consider the "collateral damage" of the other Duck posters as well. When a fanbase that is known for being a bit "over the top" when posting about their team is complaining about one of their own, you know that Duck has wandered too far from the pond.

I find him as entertaining as anyone and he's one of my favorite posters because most of his stuff is hilarious (especially the meltdowns). Hopefully, when he comes back, he will have learned to eliminate that 5% and just stick to the 95% that have become SportsHoopla legend.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I love a good debate. I just like it when the other side has some sense of reality in it. OD is so far out there, I just don't see what is entertaining about it. I personally don't think he really believes what he says, but it's damn hard to know for sure.

That's precisely what makes him so entertaining, imo. Do I want to deal with a board full of OD's? Hell no. But having one OD is pretty darn entertaining.

No one can say he doesn't cause some pretty lively discussions. Besides, I have to admire his tenacity. Dude, gets destroyed on here pretty regularly and just seems to take it in stride!!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if tOSU pulls off the win against the Spartans next weekend, I still think Stanford matches up better against tOSU.....

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if tOSU pulls off the win against the Spartans next weekend, I still think Stanford matches up better against tOSU.....

I agree. But tOSU is in for some FSU.

I do think Stanford is one of a small number of teams that could beat tOSU because they could stop Hyde and Miller.

I think MSU gets beat handily by either ASU or Stanford though.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do think Stanford is one of a small number of teams that could beat tOSU because they could stop Hyde and Miller.

I think this is the year the B1G reclaims the Roses. I even thought that when 0regon was alive.

The only matchup I'd give to the pac would be 0regon over Sparty. Which isn't a possibility anymore.

All the others I think favor the B1G in my minds eye.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goddammit I keep forgetting they have that title shot if they beat state....

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the year the B1G reclaims the Roses. I even thought that when 0regon was alive.

The only matchup I'd give to the pac would be 0regon over Sparty. Which isn't a possibility anymore.

All the others I think favor the B1G in my minds eye.

Man I just see MSU as Stanford light. And I see ASU boat racing MSU.

Provided tOSU beats Sparty.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I just see MSU as Stanford light. And I see ASU boat racing MSU.

Provided tOSU beats Sparty.

I would be more concerned ASU offense would be in trouble facing MSU defense, I think they would have a hard time moving the ball...

And for me wishing the Stanford vs tOSU match up is the simple fact I don't think tOSU is a complete team, I question their defense, I don't think its that tough, plus there one of those big programs that have had success in the past, its just I really don't want to see them in the spotlight anytime soon..

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for me wishing the Stanford vs tOSU match up is the simple fact I don't think tOSU is a complete team, I question their defense, I don't think its that tough, plus there one of those big programs that have had success in the past, its just I really don't want to see them in the spotlight anytime soon..

You're right. Their D is atrocious and they know that.Theyve given up over 30pts to everyone theyve faced on the road other than Purdue. That includes Cal. They have played significantly better at home though.

I give Sparty a better chance than I give the pac in the Rose Bowl if they face tOSU because the ccg is on the way. Like now.

Meyer with the time to prepare will address that D. He'll have it in working order by the time of their big game, wherever it is.

They have to get by Sparty now though, and I'm not so sure they are going to.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to get by Sparty now though, and I'm not so sure they are going to.

Agreed, I don't see them beating Spartans, plus I really want to see Auburn duke it out with FSU, I think that would be a better title match up, plus Auburn earned it last night with that win...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of sad that Bama lost actually. I feel like they are the best team in college football and got the worst of luck on that returned FG for a touchdown. I mean how unlucky can you get?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of sad that Bama lost actually. I feel like they are the best team in college football and got the worst of luck on that returned FG for a touchdown. I mean how unlucky can you get?

It was brutal. Like another poster said Auburn coaches sell their souls to the debil.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was brutal. Like another poster said Auburn coaches sell their souls to the debil.

I blame Alabama. We played like shit, no discipline and didn't deserve to win. Their last offensive TD should have drawn some flags because it was a designed run that he just threw at the end and they had linemen down field and so on, but it doesn't really matter. Alabama would have been destroyed by FSU the way we've played this year, and FSU is going to destroy whoever gets thrown at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.