• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you sir. I am hoping we do not pull another road no show.

I'll be rooting for you guys. Given the choices, I would like to see Stanford claim that shiny 100th Rose Bowl trophy.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IB, my first mod duty was on science related sites back in the early 90's and that might have been the worst. Academic types are truly the whiniest bitches alive. Still, the credibility of the mods was a major factor so you always had to proofread and self edit every single thing posted and even then you were torn up at every opportunity. Just sucky.

I went on to moderate on some gaming related sites that were more relaxed, but mods still had to hold up a higher standard than the general posters and complaints about our actions, or lack there of, were still a daily thing. The worst was a site I ran that had several million posts and maybe about 1/4 the active members of this site and the whining I had to deal with really turned me off to running such sites. I mean I had a blast with the people I respected, but the drama was a bit too much and killed a lot of the fun.

I developed an edit over ban style. We had sites where strong language wasn't allowed in open areas (we had private adult boards, but kids were around in the open and adult oriented language wasn't allowed there) and we would simply edit out things that clearly violated the TOS and eventually forced habitual offenders to stay in areas where we didn't have to edit them anymore when they got out of hand. The only people we banned were spammers and those making personal attacks that crossed lines like being racist, or other strongly offensive behavior.

From what I have seen on this site I can't say they overstep their bounds given that this is a more or less wide open forum with the only real restrictions coming from their goggle ads requirements. With such a wide open site I'm not sure you can hold the mods to any sort of higher morals as long as they aren't pushing around the other posters. If trolling is allowed (within reasonable reasons) then why would mods stirring up the pot be not allowed as long as they are not abusing that power?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'll even break out that sweet avatar you gave me for CCG weekend!

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we would do the Bowl Pickems as a new and separate pickem.

Include all the bowls and weigh the PAC games. 2 points for each PAC game, 1 point for the rest.

We will put it in the Cal Bears team page.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Include all the bowls and weigh the PAC games. 2 points for each PAC game, 1 point for the rest.

What about all the Cal posters? :noidea:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like it. Going to the Cal page for ease of tracking stuff due to the lack of traffic? :laugh3:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...

On OD.

He has been on the radar and he knew it for 2 full months. I and other mods spend a lot of time with pms as well as the staff forum cleaning up his nonsensical drivel.

If you could read some of the deleted and archived shit I believe you would all have a different opinion.

We have spent hours on this decision over this season. It has taken a lot of my time as well as others dealing with the pms and appeasing some very good and notable posters here when dealing with OD.

He is gone for one week. There is a possibility that his return will involve a restriction to the Duck team board. It was a majority decision. I will not let you know which way I stood on the matter but I will say that the decision that was made was warranted and the poster who ultimately made the decision has been here since day 1 and has seen everything that one could imagine.

:suds:

moving on....

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ASU will win as I believe they are playing the best football in the conference.

I hope they can get that RB trophy that they missed out on and deserved in 96-97

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ASU will win as I believe they are playing the best football in the conference.

I hope they can get that RB trophy that they missed out on and deserved in 96-97

They are playing lights out right now and thats a fact.

I see money to be made on this one!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. Going to the Cal page for ease of tracking stuff due to the lack of traffic? :laugh3:

That and paying homage to beersnbears (sp) who ran the pick'ems on CBS.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and paying homage to beersnbears (sp) who ran the pick'ems on CBS.

Yeah. I wish he'd have migrated over here.

Its difficult to stay involved though when your team is in the dumps. I get that, and beersnbears seldom strayed out of the Cal forum at cbs. He would be all alone at the hoop unless he decided to leave the Cal team page.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...

On OD.

He has been on the radar and he knew it for 2 full months. I and other mods spend a lot of time with pms as well as the staff forum cleaning up his nonsensical drivel.

If you could read some of the deleted and archived shit I believe you would all have a different opinion.

We have spent hours on this decision over this season. It has taken a lot of my time as well as others dealing with the pms and appeasing some very good and notable posters here when dealing with OD.

He is gone for one week. There is a possibility that his return will involve a restriction to the Duck team board. It was a majority decision. I will not let you know which way I stood on the matter but I will say that the decision that was made was warranted and the poster who ultimately made the decision has been here since day 1 and has seen everything that one could imagine.

:suds:

moving on....

It BS!

So since some red neck, honey boo boo loving backwoods tool took this board way to serious OD gets banned?

Didn't know CBS/ESPN were back up and running???

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It BS!

So since some red neck, honey boo boo loving backwoods tool took this board way to serious OD gets banned?

Didn't know CBS/ESPN were back up and running???

take it easy man. As I stated it is a week only. He deserved it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why people think OD is entertaining at all.

It's about like watching some MTV reality show.

:noidea:

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance a PAC 12 team gets a BCS at large bid this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.