• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but you also want the two best teams to give the great game, and I just don't think OSU can cover, I'm jumping the gun, they still have to play Michigan St for the title next week so lets wait and see how this game goes...:suds:

Yes and Sparty isn't going to roll over.

As a UW fan we want the Sparty win. Because it sends them to the Rose Bowl and tOSU will get the at large BCS bid some 0regon fans think they deserve.

That's worth rooting for! :suds:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and Sparty isn't going to roll over.

As a UW fan we want the Sparty win. Because it sends them to the Rose Bowl and tOSU will get the at large BCS bid some 0regon fans think they deserve.

That's worth rooting for! :suds:

Oh you sneaky little bastard, I bow to you now...LOL Your so correct didn't even think about that, my big10 hatred was blinding me of a possible back door route for the Quack....:suds:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was news to me this morning.

Sounds like a mod warned him several times but as we all know OcD doesn't learn

I don't think the ban was deserved honestly. He just got overly excited when Clemson lost. Stirred up a lot of shit but it was other people throwing the insults.

He was basically banned for inciting a riot as far as I could tell. :yahoo:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the ban was deserved honestly. He just got overly excited when Clemson lost. Stirred up a lot of shit but it was other people throwing the insults.

Christ when are people gonna grow up? I like the guy, he's funny at times and yes he gets carried away, but sometimes you need to vent, and thats what these boards are for......

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He makes my blood boil for sure. I admire his passion no matter how delusional it is

Every fanbase is gonna have one or two poeple that piss off others, I'm sure I've pissed off a few and I know there are some fans that piss me off, but it is sports board that is based on opinion, and sometimes were all not gonna understand another's thinking...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Bruins. The better team won last night. I was proud of the Trojans effort, but in the end, we just didn't have enough.

Mora has that team on the right track and I think that it's going to be USC, UCLA and ASU battling for the South for the foreseeable future.

Didn't get online after the game to offer congrats then because the folks who were here for the game left too late.

Vita, did we have an avi bet? I honestly don't remember. If so, let me know what avi I need to wear.

I don't think losing last night costs Coach O the job (especially if we perform well in our bowl game), but it should calm things down a bit so that Pat Haden can perform proper due diligence in the search. At least all of the Kevin Sumlin crap can be put to bed. Did not want him as our coach!!

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does beating your rival, who has a winning record, is a big name program, at their house prove that tOSU does not deserve to play in the title game?

Exactly, IB, seems to me just the opposite; they hung in there on the road against a determined rival. IMO tOSU looked as good as Bama or Auburn. The good news for the PAC is if they play in the NCG, they won't be in the Rose Bowl.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think losing last night costs Coach O the job (especially if we perform well in our bowl game), but it should calm things down a bit so that Pat Haden can perform proper due diligence in the search. At least all of the Kevin Sumlin crap can be put to bed. Did not want him as our coach!!

I like coach O. Would love to have him on staff if I were an AD somewhere. I just don't know if he's going to be able to live up to USC standards over time as a HC. No argument from me about whether he deserves a shot, it's more about how much time is USC willing to commit to another guy that might not bring whats expected. USC can get damn near anyone they want, save a few like Saban. I think it's time to get that guy. About to clear sanctions get him in place and let him rebuild the program. Which isn't going to take a hell of a lot of effort imo.

I really like Del Rio and Gruden for the job.

I agree that its good to see the Sumlin chatter go away. Would have been a regrettable hire.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like coach O. Would love to have him on staff if I were an AD somewhere. I just don't know if he's going to be able to live up to USC standards over time as a HC. No argument from me about whether he deserves a shot, it's more about how much time is USC willing to commit to another guy that might not bring whats expected. USC can get damn near anyone they want, save a few like Saban. I think it's time to get that guy. About to clear sanctions get him in place and let him rebuild the program. Which isn't going to take a hell of a lot of effort imo.

I really like Del Rio and Gruden for the job.

I agree that its good to see the Sumlin chatter go away. Would have been a regrettable hire.

:agree: Coach O may still be the right guy, but by performing a proper, well thought out search, Haden can make sure that whoever it is, is truly the right guy. As you point out, we are about to clear sanctions and making the right hire is imperative to being able to maintain the momentum that Coach O has created and hitting the ground running after the sanctions are over.

In my opinion, we don't need the most well known guy, we need the best guy for the program. The 4 greatest coaches in USC history (Jones, McKay, Robinson and Carroll) were all guys that weren't a "big name", but they were right for the program.

I think that whoever is hired (assuming it's not Coach O) will all but be required to keep Coach O on staff. It shouldn't take too much convincing either, considering what he's accomplished and that he's one of the best recruiters in the country.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is it was a mix of what we were seeing on the board and his ignoring what he was being told in private messages. We may not have the full information, and likely won't, on exactly what the last straw was. I don't think it is fair to say whether or not he deserved it when we only see the public parts.

I don't know if any of you have ever been a mod on a busy site, but it's a no win thankless job. I doubt any of our regulars have ever complained about him, but there are plenty who almost surely have. You know, the same people who complain about them allowing too many sticky threads and such. :rollseyes:

What we do know is he created at least 5-6 new threads after Oregon's game and all of them were pure troll bait. Not one honest discussion among them. He further stirred up as much shit as he could in those, and around other threads. Nothing new. It's what he does, but obviously the mods were annoyed and told him to stop it and he didn't.

Obviously he is not only a troll, but a duck so why on earth would any dawg ever defend him or shed a tear when he is gone. Yet to keep things in a general sense the board has tools to put people you don't like on ignore and you are always free to not read threads by assholes you don't like. I don't agree with all the bans on Wallace, no matter what he says in his drunken rants, and I wouldn't be in favor of banning OcD. Now I would merge his threads when he creates half a dozen rants in two days and if makes posts that are really that over the top I'd just delete those posts or edit them to something more tolerable, but that's me. I won't second guess decisions made on facts we don't have.

I did find it kind of ironic that he actually started to have a non trolling discussion and was banned around that time. I mean you don't find lucid rational posting from him often so it was kind of funny that in one of those rare moments his posts elsewhere caught up to him and a timeout was given.

Now what I wish this site would do is create conference boards. That is, when you click the Pac12 link you see threads at the bottom as well as the team board links. A place where the Pac12 and those who want to engage with us can post not only our main discussion thread, but other threads we find of interest to the conference directly. A place where Wallace, OcD, and other people with a penchant for stirring up the shit too much can be banished to without offending those sandy mangina tards that can't find the ignore button. Having that would have staved off a lot of issues to this point and would give the mods more options to deal with our notorious problem children today.

But what the hell do I know? :noidea:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the best thing that can happen to USC is to find the best coach in the country not already firmly entrenched in a job and keep coach O on in his recruiting and coordinating capacity. That they have been recently doing much better than under Kiffin isn't any type of indication he is the right man to lead the program going forward. The kids checked out on Kiffin and having him leave lifted a cloud that let them play more free. In other words, they would have played better no matter who was at the helm.

HC's are the face of a program and in addition to leading recruiting and dealing with their media/alumni/fan relations they have to actually craft schemes and build plans for putting them to their best use. I'm not sold based on his prior history that coach O is the best option in the nation for all of those roles.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is it was a mix of what we were seeing on the board and his ignoring what he was being told in private messages. We may not have the full information, and likely won't, on exactly what the last straw was. I don't think it is fair to say whether or not he deserved it when we only see the public parts.

Sure we werent privy to the behind the scenes banter. I believe he was warned multiple times to cool it but he didn't. However Im not sure the warnings were warranted. Most of his stuff was harmless enough. Others began the personal attacks. Maybe he deserves them, I don't think so but some certainly do.

I don't know if any of you have ever been a mod on a busy site, but it's a no win thankless job.

Yeah Ive moderated a political site and a theology site. Moderators there werent allowed to run amuck flamebaiting like they are here. Thats my opinion others may disagree but Ive seen some mods here flamebait and troll just about as bad as can be done. We werent even allowed to participate in discussions when the mod tag was on.

What we do know is he created at least 5-6 new threads after Oregon's game and all of them were pure troll bait. Not one honest discussion among them. He further stirred up as much shit as he could in those, and around other threads. Nothing new. It's what he does, but obviously the mods were annoyed and told him to stop it and he didn't.
lol yeah he did go into a frenzy once Clemson lost. :laugh3:

Obviously he is not only a troll, but a duck so why on earth would any dawg ever defend him or shed a tear when he is gone.
To be honest since my time here he's been one of the least offensive duck to me. Others throw topics completely off just to take jabs at UW. Thats been my experience.

Yet to keep things in a general sense the board has tools to put people you don't like on ignore and you are always free to not read threads by assholes you don't like. I don't agree with all the bans on Wallace, no matter what he says in his drunken rants, and I wouldn't be in favor of banning OcD. Now I would merge his threads when he creates half a dozen rants in two days and if makes posts that are really that over the top I'd just delete those posts or edit them to something more tolerable, but that's me.

I did find it kind of ironic that he actually started to have a non trolling discussion and was banned around that time. I mean you don't find lucid rational posting from him often so it was kind of funny that in one of those rare moments his posts elsewhere caught up to him and a timeout was given.
Exactly.

Now what I wish this site would do is create conference boards. That is, when you click the Pac12 link you see threads at the bottom as well as the team board links. A place where the Pac12 and those who want to engage with us can post not only our main discussion thread, but other threads we find of interest to the conference directly.
Works for me. To the suggestions forum! :suds:

It's a sad day. :bawling:

cfb is winding down and we are talking more about moderators decisions than games. :laugh3:

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats buddah and the rest of the Stanford nation on beating ND and staying on track for the CCG and the path to the RB.

Thank you sir. I am hoping we do not pull another road no show.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you sir. I am hoping we do not pull another road no show.

I'm expecting a real grind it out slug fest for the CCG and all I hope is that it is a close game going down the stretch and we get a real battle tested champion ready to take on and beat the holy crap out of the B1G champ.

I wish both Stanford and ASU luck. Beat each other up, but don't get injured doing so. We need you both to represent in the bowl season.

:suds:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a sad day. :bawling:

cfb is winding down and we are talking more about moderators decisions than games. :laugh3:

Really, who knew giving OD a little timeout would be so controversial? One Auburn fan has gone on some kind of personal crusade protesting the banning, almost taking OD's place doing so, after Auburn beat their #1 ranked rival in dramatic fashion.

Crazy stuff.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a new pac12 Champ I think.

It's @ ASU, Stanford has struggled on the road in conference games this season. They've already lost twice to the south on the road this season. It's difficult to win the rematch especially on the road. ASU is playing much better now then when they went to Stanford imo.

All that said I believe Stanford is the better team, but not by much and they have a lot of mojo to overcome in this one.

Sun Devils coming up Roses!

Stanford 30
ASU 41

Status
Not open for further replies.