• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but I feel like going into next year the North will be a 3-4 team fight too. Stanford will still be the favorite Oregon the main challenger with both UW and WSU right behind to start the season.

I do think Stanford and Oregon will be both favorites going in again and while I think there is a chance UW advances, they will be starting a first year QB and are still growing in only their second year of running the uptempo stuff and WSU is on the rise to be sure, but are at least 2-3 years away from having the depth and program maturity to make a serious run IMO.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the North is lagging behind the south in parity, but the top blood in the north is still the class of the conference until proven otherwise. ASU is dangerous for sure, but Oregon and Stanford are both way more battle tested.

Next year you could see a resurgent USC rise again, UCLA isn't far off from another run and if they can get Jack more involved look out, ASU is on the rise and could be a monster in the making, and RR has things going in the right direction even if we still have them slightly outside looking in at the top of the south.

I think the north could end up a 4 way race in about 2-3 years if all programs stay on course.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also depends on what Mariota and DAT decide to do for Oregon

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the North is lagging behind the south in parity, but the top blood in the north is still the class of the conference until proven otherwise. ASU is dangerous for sure, but Oregon and Stanford are both way more battle tested.

Well the season finished at 12-12 between the divisions.

The south had the better wins though. Beating both #4 Stanford and #5 0regon. (rankings at the time of the game)

But yeah, until they do it in the ccg I suppose I'd agree. Only by a hair though.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon's bowl map is still a really outside chance at a BCS bowl to the Holiday bowl. From what I am seeing I don't think they will slip any lower than that. As for the rest of the Pac it looks like Stanford vs Arizona State winner will go Rose Bowl, and the loser will get either Alamo or Holiday opposite Oregon. UCLA should be going to the Sun Bowl. USC to the Las Vegas Bowl. UW to Kraft Fight Hunger. Arizona to the New Mexico Bowl. OSU and WSU have to hope for an at large bid. Beavers and Cougars better cross your fingers.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon State beat WSU a bowl considering for the at large may take that into consideration. but OSU was on a 5 game losing streak while WSU won 2 of the last 3 even though they lost the last one.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon State beat WSU a bowl considering for the at large may take that into consideration. but OSU was on a 5 game losing streak while WSU won 2 of the last 3 even though they lost the last one.

Who else is out there that the Beavs and Cougs have to contend with for the few at large bids?

I think both fanbases travel well don't they?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would think the 5 game losing streak will hurt more than the head to head loss. WSU fans will most likely show up for their bowl game too. I think OSU will be left out if any are.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else is out there that the Beavs and Cougs have to contend with for the few at large bids?

I think both fanbases travel well don't they?

As badly as the second half of the season went for Oregon State I'm sure there will be a concern over whether or not that base will travel especially if it is a far distant bowl. That team won 9 games last year and their fans had much higher expectations. WSU on the other hand hasn't been to a bowl in a decade and their program is on the rise. I don't know if any/many of their base expected a bowl bid this year given the train wreck that was last season.

For those reasons I'm sure it will be WSU > Oregon State.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC has 11 eligible teams so like 3 teams looking for a spot maybe only 2 if Clemson gets at large. I would guess anything east of the Mississippi would be more likely to take one of those. CUSA will have i think just 1 left over. MAC has 7 eligible but only 3 bids. NIU looks to get BCS so 4 teams accounted for. and they also have a deal with Poinsettia so 5 accounted for. 2 left overs. 1 MW team. could be 4 or 5 sun belt teams

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As badly as the second half of the season went for Oregon State I'm sure there will be a concern over whether or not that base will travel especially if it is a far distant bowl. That team won 9 games last year and their fans had much higher expectations. WSU on the other hand hasn't been to a bowl in a decade and their program is on the rise. I don't know if any/many of their base expected a bowl bid this year given the train wreck that was last season.

For those reasons I'm sure it will be WSU > Oregon State.

Yeah I agree WSU will get the nod over the Beavs.

Which bowls are the possibilities though, and who else is being considered?

Too much of a headache to sort through all that in my book. Won't blame you if you feel the same.

It will all sort out soon enough :suds:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bowls looking to fill
Beef O Brady might be. AAC could get to 6 teams but I dont think they will because one of the last teams trying to get 6-6 has to play UCF to do it. if thats the case they fill with MAC or Sun Belt by contract.
Pinstripe could be looking but I think they have a option for Notre Dame as an alt.
If Big 12 gets an at large (2 teams in BCS) it opens a spot in Heart of Dallas bowl. By local they could really go anywhere to fill.
Advocare V100 bowl in Louisiana (Independence Bowl) could be losing an SEC team to play ACC so this is very likely possible spot.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think one of the two OSU or WSU will get the shaft and left home for bowl season.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunate but very likely the case.

I like a bunch of pointless bowls to fill December as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't call a team who lost their last five games being left out unfortunate...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like a bunch of pointless bowls to fill December as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't call a team who lost their last five games being left out unfortunate...

meh have to look at the season as a whole in my book.

I suppose it will all depend on who is chosen in favor of the Beavers, if our assumption is right.

I would agree that a team from another conference that performed well in the second half would be more deserving, if they played a decent schedule.

The Beavers had a hell of a road in the 2nd half of their season.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WSU also has a nice looking win over USC that Oregon State has only a win over San Diego State as far as teams with winning records.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very proud of my Bruins today!

They could have laid down tonight after coming up 2 missed field goals short of a win last week and keeping their Rose Bowl hopes alive!

The victory bell stays true blue for two consecutive years!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Alabama lost but I went 5-1 on my pickems, so I got that going for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.