• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado.... Watch....

Would be a huge upgrade for Colorado in my opinion.

Not so sure the Buffs would axe him after 1 season though. Not many people would have done much better with what he had to work with.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not so sure the Buffs would axe him after 1 season though. Not many people would have done much better with what he had to work with.

That being said if the Beavers really do get rid of Riley, who else in the pac might jump on him?

I think if he gets fired the conference will likely lose him unless he's willing to take an assistants job for awhile someplace.

Cal maybe? But they are in the same boat as the Buffs. First year coach with little to work with.

Cal and Colorado are seemingly the only two choices in the pac. USC is hiring but it's likely they already have their guy whether it be Orgeron or someone else.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No he doesn't have much to work with, I thought he had more then one season in.
Talk about a program hitting rock bottom, remember the 90's they were one of the hottest programs around, hell we got so great games against them

I think the whole Hawkins going there would have made it better, but that only drug it down worse....

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he doesn't have much to work with, I thought he had more then one season in.
Talk about a program hitting rock bottom, remember the 90's they were one of the hottest programs around, hell we got so great games against them

I think the whole Hawkins going there would have made it better, but that only drug it down worse....

Yep. I like the Buffs. They'll get back one day. I personally think it would happen a lot faster with Riley than Mcintyre. :noidea:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to FINALLY see Vaz get in his first game this season. It took Mannion throwing 3 more INTs as well as the offense sputtering through 3 3/4 of the game. With only half of the 4th qtr left, Vaz threw more pin-point passes than Mannion could dream of to move the Beavs down into the endzone for 3 TDs. I know it was garbage time, but garbage time started a long time before Vaz was finally put in and Mannion was throwing pick 6s in that same garbage time. The ONLY chance I see of a miracle upset in the CWG is to bench Mannion, spend the entire week with Vaz going over a streamlined offensive playbook, and kick that whole starting defense in the butt to fire them up. The coaches had better go find a QB for next yr fast and start grooming him to start next season or the Beavs are going to be going down in flames behind "Coach Mannion's" son again. :gaah:

I have been waiting for this rant for some time now...well Vaz gets his chance and probably deservely so. Mannion does need a seat on the pine for all his INT's of late, I have no problem with that. He'll be back for his senior year and keep in mind his TD ratio to INTs this year is still around 3-1 and that's something to build on for next year. To think Native wants some other "newbie" to take over is nothing but "hot air" and frustration. Perhaps it is Langendorf that needs a spanking from Riley as well as Banker. His 3-4 base D absolutely blows and when opps see it they just run right thru it as Washington did last week. Langendorf is way to predictable in his play calling also. Hell, he couldn't even find an open TE last week and that is where Mannion needed to go first to stretch that Huskie D out a bit.

Yes a good Civil showing is needed or I think the Beavers should stay home for the holidays and think about their late season debacle of late. Even @ 6-6 and bowl eligible.

To say Riley will be fired is rediculous speculation and I would rather see one or both of his longtime coordinators gone before Riley ever leaves.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said if the Beavers really do get rid of Riley, who else in the pac might jump on him?

I think if he gets fired the conference will likely lose him unless he's willing to take an assistants job for awhile someplace.

Cal maybe? But they are in the same boat as the Buffs. First year coach with little to work with.

Cal and Colorado are seemingly the only two choices in the pac. USC is hiring but it's likely they already have their guy whether it be Orgeron or someone else.

I wonder if he would take a job in the NFL again as an assistant?

Beavs just need to calm down and let him get back to work, these things aren't built in a day, and he needs to rebuild it.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beavs just need to calm down and let him get back to work, these things aren't built in a day, and he needs to rebuild it.

Agreed. Blowout losses are very hard to take. Especially with the expectations built up from the first half of a season.

Getting hammered the way they did by UW though I wouldn't be surprised to see someones head roll. Remember what happened to Holt after the Baylor debacle.

Beavers showed very little defensive effort in that game.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he would take a job in the NFL again as an assistant?

Yep...It is funny how Huskie fans started ALL this "Riley will/must go" garbage I have read this morning. Guess Sark getting the boot is a foregone conclusion at this point.

Riley aint going anywhere soon, least of all to some other PAC school. That a laugher!:laugh3:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...It is funny how Huskie fans started ALL this "Riley will/must go" garbage I have read this morning. Guess Sark getting the boot is a foregone conclusion at this point.

Riley aint going anywhere soon, least of all to some other PAC school. That a laugher!:laugh3:

Get a hold of yourself man!

No Husky has said Riley MUST go. People are responding to radio chatter about oSu's situation. I think it would be a huge loss for the Beavers. Even huger than that ass whooping UW just put on you!

That is all.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey we didn't start it, A beaver fan did. And who said anything about Sark not leaving? He still has unfinished business for this year before this fan stops clamming for his head....:suds:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember what happened to Holt after the Baylor debacle.

I might be question if Sark is the one to finish this thing off at UW, but the one "atta boy " I do give him is the firing of Holt, and the hire of Wilcox, that was a straight up bad arse move and I think Wilcox has so much more upside rebuilding that defense then Holt would have ever done....

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey we didn't start it, A beaver fan did. And who said anything about Sark not leaving? He still has unfinished business for this year before this fan stops clamming for his head....:suds:

Theres definately increased chatter with Sark as well. At least on message boards. UWDawgpound has quite a large following for this to happen.

I personally agree with Wiz's assessment of the situation. Frankly if Sark wins the Apple Cup the seasons been a success and an improvement over last season. A bowl win would just be the cherry on top.

For me the Sarks reign has been a roller coaster. I prefer D and a pro style offense, but he's done well with his system so I can't really complain too loudly.

My only real complaint is I don't care for the style at UW right now.

Of course this all WILL change if we end the season with 7 wins again...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...Huskies finally won a road game and the sky aint falling...get a grip and focus on your Apple Cup and forget about radio chatter.

meh it's a legit discussion. Sorry that it's about your Beavers right now. But thems the breaks!

You keep trying to deflect to UW for some silly reason. No one is taking a shot at your Beavers. It's a discussion thats out there and it will be discussed!

DEAL WITH IT!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres definately increased chatter with Sark as well. At least on message boards. UWDawgpound has quite a large following for this to happen.

I personally agree with Wiz's assessment of the situation. Frankly if Sark wins the Apple Cup the seasons been a success and an improvement over last season. A bowl win would just be the cherry on top.

For me the Sarks reign has been a roller coaster. I prefer D and a pro style offense, but he's done well with his system so I can't really complain too loudly.

My only real complaint is I don't care for the style at UW right now.

Of course this all WILL change if we end the season with 7 wins again...

See that's what today's college game has changed too, just like the NFL, there is no time to wait to rebuild, we want it all and want it now is the motto.

Thank god AD's don't listen to the fans, (Moos did though last season, he kept every negative email for Coug Alum complaing about Leach, now there on a list this season of "NO BOWL TICKETS" creative)

Hell I'm sure talk radio about the Ducks fans were calling for Hel's head, its just part of the game......

And Wallace you calm down up there, or I'll start in with the "69" jokes.....:suds:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing...

Beavers have been in every game they have played this year with the exception on the Huskies last week and from my point of view, I will not panic even IF they lose to Oregon this week. It just turned into a disappointing season is all. Yep the defense needs major work as with the running game, mobile QB's did a lot of damage to us this year, but it was Mannions timely INTs that really lead to the late season debacle.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing...

Beavers have been in every game they have played this year with the exception on the Huskies last week and from my point of view, I will not panic even IF they lose to Oregon this week. It just turned into a disappointing season is all. Yep the defense needs major work as with the running game, mobile QB's did a lot of damage to us this year, but it was Mannions timely INTs that really lead to the late season debacle.

And don't you guys have a "young offensive line too"?????

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY thing gay around here are the chest thumpin Huskies...Enjoy the ride called college football.

No chest thumping here. :laugh3:

Most UW fans feel letdown after their great start, much as the Beavers do.

UW can still hope for improvement over last season and it will likely happen. Will be good for Sark to get over the 7 win slump.

You just got offended that Riley's job was a topic this am and there just happened to be Huskies discussing it. None of whom said he must/will go as you stated.

I'm sure others will chime in on it sometime today and 99.9999% of people would agree it would be a mistake.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY thing gay around here are the chest thumpin Huskies...Enjoy the ride called college football.

Chest thumpin? Man let me be strat up with you
As a Dawg fan I was in shock the outcome, the only hope I had going into the game was Price wasn't starting that's the only + I had.....

Status
Not open for further replies.