• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't worry to much, Leach should shred this Beaver secondary.
That may happen but I watched the UW vs OSU game last year and the one this year. OSU is showing noticeable improvement ... that team is nothing like they were last season. Look at Colorado .... they struggled at first and now they are solid as a rock.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropped balls/errant throws and mostly an in-experienced O-line from what I saw.
Let me put it this way. UW was leading the conference in total defense up until the end of the OSU game. Now Colorado is leading. Washington gave up a chunk of yards to OSU.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't worry to much, Leach should shred this Beaver secondary.

Don't be so negative, you guys can get a rush on Falk. UCLA and ASU were inches away from knocking him out then we are up a creek without a paddle.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Shaw opens up the offense at all. It would be a nice change.

you mean like do something to take the pressure off of mccaffrey? nah.... that would encompass an actual change of game plan...

at this point its clear ryan burns isn't anything extraordinary and as a senior its, imo, a waste to 'develop' him - we're not going anywhere. put chryst in for some meaningful minutes with a real game plan. if he isn't the guy, and he seems to be too slow in making decisions, there's a highly recruited kj costello on the bench. turn it over to him and maybe he'll have enough experience to guide the team in '17.

stands were empty last week, homecoming and the first saturday afternoon game is eons. by the third quarter the fans left were booing, stanford fans were booing (it bears repeating), when 3 and 20 something shaw calls 2 inside handoffs in a row....

something's got to change

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, didn't UW mostly have 2nd and 3rd stringers in that second half vs Oregon State? Not sure his coach can take any sense of accomplishment out of playing well against a mix of mostly non starters AG.

And FTR, I have a kid that goes to Sumner, but I don't live there either. I don't think anyone on the board lives down there. I'm a lot closer to Buckley.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all of the struggling teams Shaw has to be the safest of the coaches. I see no way they are even thinking about a change like that. We all called that it wouldn't be their year. I said all off season their ranking was bogus because they were making way too many wholesale changes. I mean we didn't all think it would be this bad, but still.

They are taking their lumps this year, but they won't stay down for long.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stanford makes a lot of defenses look good, colorado was just the latest recipient

Didn't need Stanford's help, our D has been just fine for the most part. I've erased the USC game out of my memory banks so it doesn't count.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sssshh don't awaken SUBudda.... :sleep:

(what would we get in exchange? learned long ago don't make a change unless you've getting something better. shaw maybe our ceiling)
Didn't think so, well than what is it manfurd?

What's gotta change besides not winning?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all of the struggling teams Shaw has to be the safest of the coaches. I see no way they are even thinking about a change like that. We all called that it wouldn't be their year. I said all off season their ranking was bogus because they were making way too many wholesale changes. I mean we didn't all think it would be this bad, but still.

They are taking their lumps this year, but they won't stay down for long.

like it or not, shaw's here for life. that said would it kill him to open it up, just a little please

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't need Stanford's help, our D has been just fine for the most part. I've erased the USC game out of my memory banks so it doesn't count.

2 things can be equally true
1- we stink on offense
2- buffs have a good defense

that said, we did score a field goal on ya, so don't go getting all cocky

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They tried, but your QB under threw almost every deep ball it seemed. CU's DBs too good for that. Thought they should have got more creative with McCaffery.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't think so, well than what is it manfurd?

What's gotta change besides not winning?

not a coach, not an analyst, just a frustrated fan... i can only think of 2 things..

1- get better players to fit into shaw's scheme. dominant o-line, trusted qb, low penalty/turnover players, aggressive sure tackling lb'ers. that'll take time and its not like the pac is standing still. maybe this group is just inexperience, they are some highly touted players. so maybe it happens next year and this is just a learning season. doesn't look that way to me, but we'll see. that's been harbaugh and shaw recruiting bread and butter, maybe some guys on the bench or commits are the answer.

2- change schemes to de-emphasis weaknesses. if the oline isn't up to snuff, run some plays where you are not dependent on them opening holes. don't be as predictable, maybe love and mccaffrey in the game at the same time so keying on one back isn't as effective. quick slants over the middle if the qb can deliver the ball deep. just don't keep doing the one thing everyone knows you are going to do and when it doesn't work try the one thing you don't seem to be able to do.

attendance has always been an issue. start a long term losing streak and it'll plummet. losing to cal could be a catalyst. it's up to shaw, he has the keys and i'm not sure he has a whole lot of external or internal pressure. hopefully he'll come up with something