• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AlaskaGuy ( and other Husky fans)- Do you see the Huskys having a hickup game before the regular season end? any team left on their schedule who you think matches up better than teams they've played or will it take a letdown for them to lose?
If Ohio St can hiccup against Penn St, then of course it can happen to UW. I hope it doesn't, but odds are probably greater than not that they will drop one.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ohio St can hiccup against Penn St, then of course it can happen to UW. I hope it doesn't, but odds are probably greater than not that they will drop one.

When you realize Sabans only had one undefeated season you know it's not easy.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AlaskaGuy ( and other Husky fans)- Do you see the Huskys having a hickup game before the regular season end? any team left on their schedule who you think matches up better than teams they've played or will it take a letdown for them to lose?
UW will be heavy favorites in every game left through the CCG and I'll like their chances in every one of them.

BUT I still expect they will have a bad game somewhere and drop one. Teams don't run through the pac unscathed very often. Oregon was the last team to do it the year they lost to Auburn and before that you have to go back to USC under Carroll and they only did it once, or at least once that's still on the books. Not sure if one got vacated.

Utah, USC, and WSU are all games that if you don't play solid ball you can easily lose. They can't start fumbling and having mental lapses in any of those. Every team is gunning for them and rightly so. It's huge for a program to take out a top 5 ranked team. Particularly those two road games, the fans are that much more into it if the game is close or they get a lead.

I think it comes down to health mostly. Mathis is out hurt now (big part of the pass rush) and this is the time of year that injuries can really start piling up. If they stayed healthy I'd like the match up against all of the remaining teams. On paper Utah would be the biggest challenge that way because of their running game while we seem to dominate more pass heavy teams/schemes. All 3 of those teams mentioned have their own unique challenges. It will be fun to see how they deal with all of them and how these kids respond. They haven't had to make a comeback yet and I expect that will happen before this run is over. How will they play when they are down and the chips are on the line? They handled that little hickup against Arizona, but do it on this stage against better teams. Can they? We will see.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck dude. Give it a break . You post every damn article. The boards are for conversation. As obnoxious as the Ducks fans were they didn't do this stupid shit. .
We never blamed duck fans for OD. Give us the same courtesy.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We never blamed duck fans for OD. Give us the same courtesy.
I posted an article that named three fvking PAC 12 QB's. WTF is deemed acceptable in this thread? I've never seen so much crying on a football board and I've been posting on a few of them since 2002.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted an article that named three fvking PAC 12 QB's. WTF is deemed acceptable in this thread? I've never seen so much crying on a football board and I've been posting on a few of them since 2002.
That's between the two of you. I just said don't lump in every UW fan over whatever case of the ass jim has today with one of them. You will learn that having a case of the ass isn't a rare thing for him. Nor is dragging things on for pages/days.

I suppose what is acceptable is highly subjective. I tend to keep things that are only of value to our fans on the team board, but that's just what I do. There isn't a hard rule. Like I said to you before, for me it's not just the linking it's linking articles/pictures and not really commenting on them yourself. That's just my preference. I'd rather hear why you posted something or some kind of commentary on the subject. Certainly not a rule.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:stephena:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's between the two of you. I just said don't lump in every UW fan over whatever case of the ass jim has today with one of them. You will learn that having a case of the ass isn't a rare thing for him. Nor is dragging things on for pages/days.

I suppose what is acceptable is highly subjective. I tend to keep things that are only of value to our fans on the team board, but that's just what I do. There isn't a hard rule. Like I said to you before, for me it's not just the linking it's linking articles/pictures and not really commenting on them yourself. That's just my preference. I'd rather hear why you posted something or some kind of commentary on the subject. Certainly not a rule.
I posted an article about three PAC QB's and their stats. If that's not PAC related then I don't know what is.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's about the apex of your posting on here.
Yeah, I'm just too lazy to take the next step to copy and paste articles no one cares about. You think someday maybe I can approach your level of posting greatness...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick to the emoticons.
Ooooo, maybe I should repeat myself for pages to argue about unimportant and irrelevant shit, would that get me closer?

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Back in the day I didn't worry about USC losing to the ranked teams in the big games, it was always some 2-2 tem with better talent than their record that SC ended up losing too. Historically the only ugly stat Peterson had was the reverse, where I don't think Boise State ever beat a ranked opponent that was in conference. (Granted some of those games took some bazar bad luck on BSU's side ie. Nevada) but he seemed to have trouble getting his team up consistently for good in conference competition.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whos crying? I just said you post articles every day like we all want to see updated versions of the same article you already posted over and over and the same pictures over and over. You're the one whining because I'm just pointing out this annoying habit of yours.
Notice we all have been having actual conversations ? See how articles werent needed? We are here to voice our opinions not read what espn or yahoo writers write. If I want to read articles about washinton or Cal or Stanford I can find them. Most of us are hear to hear what the fans think.

Last edited:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted an article about three PAC QB's and their stats. If that's not PAC related then I don't know what is.
And how did that work out? Anyone interested in that article? Did it start conversation? Or was it like most of the stuff you post, just something we need to pass over to get to the posts where people are actually having conversations?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Jim is a known asshole. Not really sure I can be more clear. If he's up your ass it won't be the last time.

All I said was stop lumping in all UW fans as a collective. I didn't have a problem with the post he went nuts on.

I mean you came into this board with what looked like a big chip on your shoulder looking to get into fights and bang around long time posters from the site. You be you big guy, but then don't be surprised if people are quick to be hostile at even smaller things.

A few that have come over from Rivals appear to be quick to get into fights, call names, etc. Nothing new there. Every migration we have had came with that shit. Including the one I came in with (CBS). Some of the biggest assholes on the site today were from that migration. Maybe a few of you will settle down a bit and learn to have some fun with it and not always be so damned defensive and quick to fight, and maybe you won't. Doesn't really matter to me either way.