• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't feel bad AG, there were plenty who thought Petersen wasn't good enough, and those two Boise HC's you listed were part of the problem, not the standard.

Here's a story of many who felt as you did.

Second-guessing UW's Chris Petersen seems silly in hindsight

Here's a quote I think makes sense to include...

A lot of P5 schools didn't have these concerns, and wanted Petersen and that is why the comment that Petersen is a better coach than the Huskies deserve is fair from my perspective.

Enjoy the ride!

One Seattle sports radio jockey wrote some personal opinions on Petersen so he must speak for the Husky fanbase? Seriously?

It's crap like that article which is why Petersen smartly tells the press to F off most of the time.

Few programs were as perfect a fit for Petersen than Washington. The sheer amount of P5 programs he said no to that begged him to be their coach, including USC, and then agreeing to Washington says it all.

While I'm extremely thankful he's our coach...to say "Washington doesn't deserve him?" What the hell is that tool talking about.

Danny O'Neil can take his click bait rantings and take a long walk off the 520 bridge.

3069892-3574376428-Ari-G.gif

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be talking about Troy Williams QB and not Joe Williams RB.

After sitting out the previous four games prior to the last two, Joe Williams has rushed for 511 yards and 5 TD's on 64 carries for nearly an 8 YPC average.

Trust me, he is a threat, a threat that SC, Cal and Arizona didn't have to face.

Obviously I'm talking about Troy hence the Stanford reference where they have zero threat from the QB. To me, in my limited times of viewing them, they are a one dimensional team and that doesn't seem like a good recipe for a great defense like UW. A low scoring "slobber knocker" in our conference seems to favor UW.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One Seattle sports radio jockey wrote some personal opinions on Petersen so he must speak for the Husky fanbase? Seriously?

It's crap like that article which is why Petersen smartly tells the press to F off most of the time.

Few programs were as perfect a fit for Petersen than Washington. The sheer amount of P5 programs he said no to that begged him to be their coach, including USC, and then agreeing to Washington says it all.

While I'm extremely thankful he's our coach...to say "Washington doesn't deserve him?" What the hell is that tool talking about.

Danny O'Neil can take his click bait rantings and take a long walk off the 520 bridge.

Danny is a tool, I like listening to him but lost a ton of respect for him being a "sports guy" when was following his wife's retarded statements on the Sonics. I get it, it's your wife but damn dude, when you're a sports personality you should be able to give her lines on what to say, not allow her to humiliate herself and you in turn then actually defend her.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita, we get it. Joe ran up a ton of yards. Just not sure that's going to happen to us just because it happened to you.

Freeman ran for 138 against WSU and then 50 against UW the next week.
Christian McCaffrey ran for 138 against your team and then 49 against UW the next week.

Yes, UW gave up quite a few yards against Arizona in the first half of that game. Match ups and circumstances matter. If I had to choose between taking on a big running team or a big passing team I'd probably take the big passing team as the rushing defense has been maybe just one step back, but I'm not expecting anyone to go for 200+ on them with as good as they have been at getting to the ball and wrapping up.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Begging him to be their coach? Come on now.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WSU's Luke Falk leads nation with a 72.7 completion rate, UW's Jake Browning leads Power 5 with a 199.6 rating, and Cal's Davis Webb leads Power 5 with 27 TD passes.
WSU's Luke Falk leads nation with a 72.7 completion rate, UW's Jake Browning leads Power 5 with a 199.6 rating, and Cal's Davis Webb leads Power 5 with 27 TD passes.

ESPN Now
Jake Browning improving Heisman odds
Washington's Browning enters this week with the second-best odds to win the Heisman Trophy, according to the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook. Louisville QB Lamar Jackson is the current Heisman favorite at 1-3 odds to win.

i

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN Now
Jake Browning improving Heisman odds
Washington's Browning enters this week with the second-best odds to win the Heisman Trophy, according to the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook. Louisville QB Lamar Jackson is the current Heisman favorite at 1-3 odds to win.

i

Fuck dude. Give it a break . You post every damn article. The boards are for conversation. As obnoxious as the Ducks fans were they didn't do this stupid shit. .

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck dude. Give it a break . You post every damn article. The boards are for conversation. As obnoxious as the Ducks fans were they didn't do this stupid shit. .
That post was to add to the convo. It showed Falk, Browning and Davis... QB's from three PAC schools. If it bothers you so fvking much then block me so I don't have to see you cry.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That post was to add to the convo. It showed Falk, Browning and Davis... QB's from three PAC schools. If it bothers you so fvking much then block me so I don't have to see you cry.

Or how about you just take a hint. I know you must be bored as shit where you are but we all have the internet and have the ability to pull up the stuff you constantly post. You aren't adding to conv you just post articles. They are just as interesting as the one time I posted that list of QBR leaders.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AlaskaGuy ( and other Husky fans)- Do you see the Huskys having a hickup game before the regular season end? any team left on their schedule who you think matches up better than teams they've played or will it take a letdown for them to lose?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not adding much to 1. a conversation we aren't really having. 2. when its the same article week after week just adding the latest games numbers.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AlaskaGuy ( and other Husky fans)- Do you see the Huskys having a hickup game before the regular season end? any team left on their schedule who you think matches up better than teams they've played or will it take a letdown for them to lose?
I don't see a game that I will feel like the Huskies might lose going in. At the same time, I won't be shocked if they do drop one. See what happens this week, then the obvious big games to look to are you guys and WSU. Though, the way shit works, if they're gonna just drop one, it'd probably be Cal or Arizona State.

In summary, obviously hopeful they could pull it off, wouldn't be shocked if they drop one or two. I do think they are objectively the best and most complete in the PAC, so they have that going for them.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a game that I will feel like the Huskies might lose going in. At the same time, I won't be shocked if they do drop one. See what happens this week, then the obvious big games to look to are you guys and WSU. Though, the way shit works, if they're gonna just drop one, it'd probably be Cal or Arizona State.

In summary, obviously hopeful they could pull it off, wouldn't be shocked if they drop one or two. I do think they are objectively the best and most complete in the PAC, so they have that going for them.
more often than not its the game you don't see coming.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've known that feeling but with the SC teams of the 2000s we all knew they would drop at least one. These are young kids after all and its not easy to keep them focused when they are obviously better than the next team they will play but since they havent won anything yet its probably easier right now .

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pulling for the Huskys this weekend. Not the whole I want them to be undefeated when we play them bs I just want utah to start losing some conference games.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pulling for the Huskys this weekend. Not the whole I want them to be undefeated when we play them bs I just want utah to start losing some conference games.
Wait... does that make you a real fan, or a wannabe? I can't remember...

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... does that make you a real fan, or a wannabe? I can't remember...

LOL. Fuck I dont know. I'm pretty sure I'm a real fan.
I flew to Dallas and watched Bama dismantle USC and still keep going to games. lol. I think I qualify as a real one.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Fuck I dont know. I'm pretty sure I'm a real fan.
I flew to Dallas and watched Bama dismantle USC and still keep going to games. lol. I think I qualify as a real one.
Alright, I'll give you a pass this time.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of these three
Wazzu
Utah
USC