• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mora got a healthy raise in his contract by using Washington as leverage after Sark split and Mora flew to Seattle. Personally I think he's an underachiever with the recruiting classes he's had at UCLA.
Although the end results always fall on the Head Coach I think the true underachiever at UCLA is Adrian Klemm. While Klemm has been performed well as a recruiter he has done little to develop the offensive line and run game under Mora's tenure.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington seems to have hit the jackpot with Petersen. I was worried he'd turn out to be another Dan Hawkins but he's proved himself legit, especially as a motivator and recruiter. He's a recruiting machine.
Sorry AG but this post deserves at least a face palm. :nod:

While I agree the Dawg's hit the jackpot, Peterson long proved himself prior at Boise State as 'legit'.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, WSU had the most 'also receiving votes' and USC 6th in that. Both can make the top 25 if they keep on winning.

Cougs have Oregon State next which probably won't swing that needle more and USC gets Cal at home.
Sounds like someones doing some PAC rooting... :dhd:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:Go PAC Go! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Last edited:

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did just fine against McCaffrey, Freeman, etc.

Maybe Utah is better than I view them. We will see next Saturday. I just need to see them prove it.
Same thing for UW. You'll be playing a winning team this week.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did just fine against McCaffrey, Freeman, etc.

Maybe Utah is better than I view them. We will see next Saturday. I just need to see them prove it.

Utah is sporting basically their 6th string RB right now. Maybe Utah pulls off the win. It will be in their house and Whit is a great coach.
But it's becoming clear there is a pretty decent gap between Washington and the rest of the PAC right now.
Sure we could lose this one, but I think we're the superior team on both sides of the ball. Especially on defense.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of that, it'd be nice if your team could get their shit together so we can still call them a winning team for our resume by the time they come up here.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a personal problem then......

No I have been anti chip since this whole rumor mill started. I was frustrated with him when he was still at Oregon after the NC game with Auburn and then the LSU game.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like someones doing some PAC rooting... :dhd:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:Go PAC Go! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
Not sure how that's actually rooting for anything. I was simply stating the facts of who is in the polls and who is at least close to being in the polls from the conf. I don't really care if any of them do actually make it up that high.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of that, it'd be nice if your team could get their shit together so we can still call them a winning team for our resume by the time they come up here.

It's less getting shit together and more not getting injured. It's hard to win when you're on your 4th string QB, missing 2 starters on an already iffy offensive line, several of your best players are playing gimpy because there's nothing behind them and you're down starters in the secondary and linebackers. Something like 13 or 14 ASU starters will have missed games by this time next week.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW is a complete team. Utah is a great defense. That's how I see it. We will find out how accurate that is on Saturday. I've got Utah going 2-2 the rest of the way. And yes, I still expect UW to trip up somewhere and lose one along the way. That's just how I see it.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Koetter was never ranked at Boise & while Hawkins was ranked 3 times out of 5 years, never higher than 12th.

Petersen on the other hand was ranked 6 out of 7 years at Boise. (As low as 5th, 11th, 4th, 7th, 6th, & 14th)
There were legit concerns when Petersen took the UW job.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't going to give Petersen the coach of the year trophy just yet as it is.

So far UW has been dominating against pretty much nobody. Let them actually beat Utah, USC, and WSU before we really grade him out entirely.

He's been solid so far and it feels like he has made this team into a hell of a force, but this story isn't yet complete.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were legit concerns when Petersen took the UW job.
Don't feel bad AG, there were plenty who thought Petersen wasn't good enough, and those two Boise HC's you listed were part of the problem, not the standard.

Here's a story of many who felt as you did.

Second-guessing UW's Chris Petersen seems silly in hindsight

Here's a quote I think makes sense to include...

Petersen is a better coach than the Huskies deserved to hire. That’s become clear after his assembly of this steel-toed defense while also nursing along an offense whose very best players are only in their second year on campus.

A lot of P5 schools didn't have these concerns, and wanted Petersen and that is why the comment that Petersen is a better coach than the Huskies deserve is fair from my perspective.

Enjoy the ride!

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't feel bad AG, there were plenty who thought Petersen wasn't good enough, and those two Boise HC's you listed were part of the problem, not the standard.

Here's a story of many who felt as you did.

Second-guessing UW's Chris Petersen seems silly in hindsight

Here's a quote I think makes sense to include...

A lot of P5 schools didn't have these concerns, and wanted Petersen and that is why the comment that Petersen is a better coach than the Huskies deserve is fair from my perspective.

Enjoy the ride!
'Washington didn't deserve Petersen because some of the fan base had concerns?' Where's the 'wtf' emoticon for this board.

There's nothing wrong with having concerns about a coaching hire. I believe every fan base has some concerns for any new coaching hire.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seemed to recall this board was going bat shit crazy over the hire, but still wondered what his ceiling might be. You can have both. And we did.