• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot Hawks fans weren't sad that Mora was pushed out...IMO from the Husky/Hawks fans weren't thrilled it was Mora for Carroll. I honestly don't know one Husky fan that wanted Mora though when rumors started that Sark was out.
Why you insist on hanging on to dumb stuff is beyond me, but stop generalizing shit that really didn't happen here.

There were people that thought Mora deserved more than one year and there were those that didn't like Carroll's hire, but neither of those had anything to do with what colleges they came from. And I really don't know anyone that held onto anything because of that either.

I was pissed when they let Unger go and he was a duck. There is zero room for college bullshit with your pro teams. It's about who is the best player/coach to help that team win. Doesn't make once bit of difference where they came from.

I didn't care that they fired Mora so quickly myself, but I was one against Carroll. Didn't have a lot of faith in his NFL coaching ability given his prior stint at this level.

But none of this matters.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something was said and Graham looked passed but Leach rolled his eyes and walked off. Leach just answered a question asked by a reporter. He didn't have to go as far as he did (even though I liked it) but it wasn't enough to start a little cat fight.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read that it isn't illegal by PAC or NCAA rules what Graham is doing with his son like that. But it's still considered sleazy and deserves.to be called out if you want. Leach and other coaches believe it's taken to enough of an extreme by Graham to mention publicly and I'm fine with that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read that it isn't illegal by PAC or NCAA rules what Graham is doing with his son like that. But it's still considered sleazy and deserves.to be called out if you want. Leach and other coaches believe it's taken to enough of an extreme by Graham to mention publicly and I'm fine with that.
Leach eluded to them possibly going beyond what is legal. I think that's the part Graham is pissed about. It's not about the stealing signals, it's kind of accusing them of using technology or otherwise doing it in an illegal way.

Still, Graham is a putz. Just go shake his hand and move on.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cougs have Oregon State next which probably won't swing that needle more

ok...I have recovered from yesterday's beatdown. ONWERDZ!

It's going to a week of prayer for bad weather in front of this contest with the Cougz...we can win this one. Ball control on offense and a steady diet of "whose gonna blitz from where ever" and single coverage D.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok...I have recovered from yesterday's beatdown. ONWERDZ!

It's going to a week of prayer for bad weather in front of this contest with the Cougz...we can win this one. Ball control on offense and a steady diet of "whose gonna blitz from where ever" and single coverage D.

You guys have a shot if Leach keeps just passing. ASU almost got us because he is a stubborn ass hat. Falk got beat up because he refused to run the ball with a big lead. If he goes out from your blitz you guys should win.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What'd Leach say?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was asked a question about Graham and his stealing of signs or something like that. Then he was a smart ass about it with his answer. The whole thing ended up boiling down to we have like 5 signals and if someone needs a command center to steal them then they suck as a coach.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Leach needs to go back to POP Warner and deal with stupid parents complaining about their kid not getting enough playing time. This is ridic!!!! Graham and Co. did nothing wrong.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Leach needs to go back to POP Warner and deal with stupid parents complaining about their kid not getting enough playing time. This is ridic!!!! Graham and Co. did nothing wrong.

I'm just trying to imagine Mike Leach coaching Pop Warner

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Besides acting like one of those kids in middle school that go talk shit then find the first person to "hold them back"

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@OregonDucks

Shit just got real.

Chip gets a special guest
Chip gets a special guest

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It had nothing to do with the conversation at midfield. The issue was comments made by Leach in the newspapers during the week. From AZCentral: "Last season coach Kyle Whittingham told reporters, "It's our job to ensure that our signals are indecipherable. It's not their job to look the other way. "And Colorado coach Mike MacIntyre said, “If your signals get stolen, it's your fault, not the other team's fault.” Bottom line: All teams steal signs. If ASU is doing it illegally and there is proof, then it should be called out for it. Until then, Leach is doing no one any good, except maybe the masses he is entertaining. He is also $10,000 poorer, thanks to a Pac-12 fine for his words."

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way, we've got them two times in a row, that number can't be accurate.
They announced an 18-4 stat on the broadcast prior to kickoff, I didn't verify it myself.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still won't buy into Utah unless they beat UW next week. Just not seeing that offense being as advertised. Really not too worried about that game because of that side of the ball.
Your boyz better contain Joe Willaims because if he gets into space, he's gone! :nod:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your boyz better contain Joe Willaims because if he gets into space, he's gone! :nod:
Did just fine against McCaffrey, Freeman, etc.

Maybe Utah is better than I view them. We will see next Saturday. I just need to see them prove it.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Mora and UCLA was a good fit for him. He's got them playing better ball than Neuhesel did.
I felt CRN never had 'his' QB and then the year after the one he recruited & red-shirted was ready to take the field, he got fired.

I personally would have given Neuheisel another year to prove it with a team of recruits that was his. Instead, Mora took over all of Rick's ground work.