• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of Huskies fans were hoping Mora would come to Seattle to coach the Dawgs after Sark unexpectedly went to SC. Mora even flew to Seattle for talks with the AD. This was before any UW fans knew about Petersen throwing his hat in the ring for the UW job. As it is it all worked out well in the end for Washington.

I actually think Mora and UCLA was a good fit for him. He's got them playing better ball than Neuhesel did. They're having a tough year, but still, he's a good coach for that program. Even if he's got that gutter mouth and anger issues.
It worked out perfectly with Sark bailing and landing Petersen.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of Huskies fans were hoping Mora would come to Seattle to coach the Dawgs after Sark unexpectedly went to SC. Mora even flew to Seattle for talks with the AD. This was before any UW fans knew about Petersen throwing his hat in the ring for the UW job. As it is it all worked out well in the end for Washington.

wa has their dream coach, much to the rest of the pac's chagrin

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Mora and UCLA was a good fit for him. He's got them playing better ball than Neuhesel did. They're having a tough year, but still, he's a good coach for that program. Even if he's got that gutter mouth and anger issues.
It worked out perfectly with Sark bailing and landing Petersen.
Mora got a healthy raise in his contract by using Washington as leverage after Sark split and Mora flew to Seattle. Personally I think he's an underachiever with the recruiting classes he's had at UCLA.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wa has their dream coach, much to the rest of the pac's chagrin
Washington seems to have hit the jackpot with Petersen. I was worried he'd turn out to be another Dan Hawkins but he's proved himself legit, especially as a motivator and recruiter. He's a recruiting machine.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:hellno: Not me, wasn't gonna support the program if they hired that idiot...
He didn't deserve the job

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really surprised a coug doesn't have his finger on the pulse of what UW fans were saying when Sark left? This particular coug hears what he wants to hear to further an agenda driven by hate. Nothing new here.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I've never made an avi bet with points. Feels weird to lose a bet when your team won or vice versa.

I took Oregon State in the pick'em because I said all week I didn't see UW running up that score. I wasn't surprised in the least at not covering that ridiculous point spread.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took Oregon State in the pick'em because I said all week I didn't see UW running up that score. I wasn't surprised in the least at not covering that ridiculous point spread.

I saw nothing in that game from my team, perhaps #20 ran the rwak well enough and my punter looked good. NO D, No O and No nothing. Fucking OCoor can't punch his way thru a wet paper bag. Better plan on raiding the JuCo for players who can compete now because recruiting aint helping yet Anderson.

Gratz to the Huskies for exposing my team for what they are now...crap. Now go out and beat someone with a pulse Huskies.

BTW...

Your QB has all the tools now...loved the "sidestep" he used all day to avoid any pressure the Beavers tried to throw at him. OC JS fucking rocks!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw nothing in that game from my team, perhaps #20 ran the rwak well enough and my punter looked good. NO D, No O and No nothing. Fucking OCoor can't punch his way thru a wet paper bag. Better plan on raiding the JuCo for players who can compete now because recruiting aint helping yet Anderson.

Gratz to the Huskies for exposing my team for what they are now...crap. Now go out and beat someone with a pulse Huskies.

BTW...

Your QB has all the tools now...loved the "sidestep" he used all day to avoid any pressure the Beavers tried to throw at him. OC JS fucking rocks!
I got so damned drunk at the tailgate that I don't remember much of the actual game lol. I did record it and I'll go back at some point and at least watch the big plays.

As for beating a team with a pulse, all any team can do is win the next game in front of them. Their shitty OOC was their own fault, but rolling through the down teams of the north and not playing any ranked conference teams yet isn't.

Next week should be a solid game and a real test. On the road against a team with a good defense that most people up here seem to feel is the best team in the south.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and at least watch the big plays.

Not much to see, Jake's 3 TDs were wide open deep balls. My secondary coverage wasn't not even in the picture screen when the balls arrived...lolz

Agreed, one can only play the games as they come. GL2U in Utah next week.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DONE! Post #1670..."The HumanBulldozer"

Would have liked to have seen whatNall could have done yesterday w/ a healthy O-line. Perhaps I will in this year's Civil War.
You have a great chance this year to get in on the beat the ducks train that everyone is riding high on. Get healthy and that's very much a winnable game.

I honestly see no way the ducks win more than one of the next 4 and likely they won't win any of them. That's going to be a seriously downtrodden team coming into that game. How much fight will they have left in them with all the noise around that program after everyone in the conference finishes taking their turn at kicking them in the face while they are down?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One was a petulant child, the other a drunk frat boy...so, yeah. lol

That's why even though he's running the offense on a team thats winning NCs people are scared to hire him. You can see the tweets aimed at TENN and USC after wins that he still can't control himself and will probably embarrass the school and AD when he does get hired again as a HC.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why even though he's running the offense on a team thats winning NCs people are scared to hire him. You can see the tweets aimed at TENN and USC after wins that he still can't control himself and will probably embarrass the school and AD when he does get hired again as a HC.

Not on twitter, so I haven't seen the tweets. But if he's doing that, it shows that he still hasn't learned what he needs to be a head coach.

The guy is a great offensive coordinator and if I was taking over as head coach at a program, he'd be my first call for an OC.

He just may not be head coaching material, some guys are just career coordinators.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not on twitter, so I haven't seen the tweets. But if he's doing that, it shows that he still hasn't learned what he needs to be a head coach.

The guy is a great offensive coordinator and if I was taking over as head coach at a program, he'd be my first call for an OC.

He just may not be head coaching material, some guys are just career coordinators.

I dont use twitter either but it's been documented he pokes at Tenn and USC after the games. which is dumb because they gave him his shot , he's the one who didn't pan out. He's a good playcaller but trying to do everything and still be the head coach was too much for him.