• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 175.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure as fuck hope that the next set of announcers that get a UW game know how to pronounce Salvon AHMED's name!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not ACHMED!!!:L:L:L
A fucking terrorist

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't imagine a win in the next month and a half…DC clune is fucking clueless on defense and the offense has gone pass happy crappy…

CBS Sportsline bottom 25 says it best…

OREGON ST.

Oregon State (1-2): The Beavers have put in an early claim on the worst team in the Pac-12. (NR)

I don't know, I just saw your upcoming schedule and it is more brutal than any SEC person could fathom. But good luck Saturday, I mean by good luck like I hope you only lose by 40.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is next year a long time to you?
Who you kidding? You might not even be favored at home this year, more or less there.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dante Pettis named Pac12 special teams player of the week after his Pac12 record setting 7th career punt return for a TD. He now has 10 games left to attempt to tie the all time NCAA record of 8 returns.

Anyone in the conference going to be stupid enough to give him a chance at a return?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC is clearly the better team right now. They came out strong to open this season. Big improvement over last year.

All I said is Stanford may not be worth the off season hype (at least from people on this site) and at best could be like SC last year and not reach their potential until sometime mid season.

Your toughest opponent may yet be in front of you. @WSU, home against Utah, road rivalry game @ND, and home against UCLA are all possible games where you just might find more of a fight on that given week than what Stanford put up.
Nice post Wiz, and them upsets can come from out of the blue, it looked like WMU was in for the early upset until the rust and jitters came off. (I'd like to say it was the same for the Bruins in Week 1, but I know better)

It's not like the Broncos were the Sisters of the Poor anyhow, they won the MAC last year, and were in the Cotton Bowl. Losing their Head Coach and one of the best WR in the college game didn't help them any either.

Anyway, if I had to pick a game out of blue that might find the Trojans in trouble, you know game that you might least expect, sort of like the Broncos game was shaping up before Helton got things under control. I'm circling that Bears game.

Like the WMU game, it comes before a big PAC 12 match-up, this time on the road to Pullman. That Cougars game is the Trojans second game in the annual road trip where the Trojans have lost 6 of their last 9 games. :eek:

Them Bears are playing much better than expected this year, so far too. (The SEC road game this week will tell us a lot more about the Bears, but so far, Wilcox has made some early strides) Maybe Helton goes to Berkley all vanilla once again looking ahead, and finds his Trojans leaving with 7 losses in the last decade in their annual roadie PAC opener in route to Pullman? :heh:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our difference here is 'vanilla' means something a lot different to me than to you guys. When I think of vanilla, I think of the NFL preseason where there is no scheme or game plan in place. Jim talked about having a different game plan for Stanford than WMU. That alone tells me we think of vanilla in different terms.

"Vanilla" can mean a few things, imo. It can mean, as you suggest, something like an NFL pre-season game or even a scrimmage where there is no real game plan in place.

It can also mean a very watered down game plan because you are facing an opponent that isn't considered a real threat and you don't want to show too much to your next opponent, who is considered a real threat.

As much of a pain in the ass as Western Michigan was, I never felt USC was actually in danger of losing the game.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Vanilla" can mean a few things, imo. It can mean, as you suggest, something like an NFL pre-season game or even a scrimmage where there is no real game plan in place.

It can also mean a very watered down game plan because you are facing an opponent that isn't considered a real threat and you don't want to show too much to your next opponent, who is considered a real threat.

As much of a pain in the ass as Western Michigan was, I never felt USC was actually in danger of losing the game.
I guess I call vanilla 'no real game plan', and you guys call it 'looking ahead'...:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I call vanilla 'no real game plan', and you guys call it 'looking ahead'...:lol:

Most teams have a fairly vanilla game plan in their first game, especially if it's against a team that isn't considered a threat.

I know you Bruins don't really do the "football thing" so I'm glad to be able to educate you.

You're welcome. :dhd:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most teams have a fairly vanilla game plan in their first game, especially if it's against a team that isn't considered a threat.

I know you Bruins don't really do the "football thing" so I'm glad to be able to educate you.

Since the Bruins are 2nd in Football Conference Titles in the PAC, only the high and mighty Trojans must do the 'football thing' in the PAC.

So in a Conference of 1 it's amazing them Trojans haven't won a Conference Title in nearly a decade!

Now let me educate you, with all that clout, you're doing it wrong! :lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Bruins are 2nd in Football Conference Titles in the PAC, only the high and mighty Trojans must do the 'football thing' in the PAC.

So in a Conference of 1 it's amazing them Trojans haven't won a Conference Title in nearly a decade!

Now let me educate you, with all that clout, you're doing it wrong! :lol:

And yet, despite not having a conference title in nearly a decade, we still have more than everyone else...including the Bruins.

The Bruins also missed their window while we were under sanctions.

Talk about doing the "football thing" wrong. :heh:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, despite not having a conference title in nearly a decade, we still have more than everyone else...including the Bruins.

The Bruins also missed their window while we were under sanctions.

Talk about doing the "football thing" wrong. :heh:
They didn't need a 'window' of excuses for winning their first 17 titles, and they don't need some Trojan horse 'window' to win their next.

Them Bruins recognize all PAC12 schools as legitimate threats in winning the Conference, unlike some folks. :rolleyes2:

BTW - that sanctions excuse has had just too much run, you all wear that like a badge of honor. Keep fooling yourselves, it should be viewed as a disgrace whenever your HC has to high tail it out leaving the fallout of the damage he left behind.

Did Pete leave in the middle of the night, or did it just seem that way??? :bolt:

:lol:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of running out, I'm gonna have to do mine, the J-O-B in getting in the way of F-U-N.

Always a good time with the banter TF12!

I'll be back in the afternoon.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Them Bruins recognize all PAC12 schools as legitimate threats in winning the Conference,

What choice do they have? Seeing as how they typically aren't good enough to win it themselves. :lol:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the same kind of retard that gets banned from the PF.

BOOM
Wait, that's a thing? :noidea:
What the hell do you have to do to get banned from the basement of this place?
Are you saying AG actually got knocked out of there? :lol:
No wonder he hasn't created 10 new threads this week.

And with the turnover on most offenses each year it is preferred to not test out new play installs you have worked on over the spring in game one if you can help it. Stick to the bread and butter and build off strong success in the fundamentals until any new personnel have some base to build off of. I mean obviously if you are playing a top 10 caliber team to open the season you do more baptism by fire, but no need to throw too much at an offense in game one if you can afford not to. I think we see that from most teams each year.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, that's a thing? :noidea:
What the hell do you have to do to get banned from the basement of this place?
Are you saying AG actually got knocked out of there? :lol:
No wonder he hasn't created 10 new threads this week.

And with the turnover on most offenses each year it is preferred to not test out new play installs you have worked on over the spring in game one if you can help it. Stick to the bread and butter and build off strong success in the fundamentals until any new personnel have some base to build off of. I mean obviously if you are playing a top 10 caliber team to open the season you do more baptism by fire, but no need to throw too much at an offense in game one if you can afford not to. I think we see that from most teams each year.

yeah, he's lucky he didn't get banned. He's really messed up, messed up big time.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when is any ESPN stat the same thing as vegas betting lines? :L

You do get that the implication is more about how the ducks MIGHT play up through that game as well as current rankings right?

If WSU either upsets USC or at least plays them tough it would be hard not to see them favored against the ducks.

WSU will be the ducks first real conference test and no one (including vegas) really knows what to expect out of this team.