• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure as fuck hope that the next set of announcers that get a UW game know how to pronounce Salvon AHMED's name!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not ACHMED!!!:L:L:L

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I had a hangover until about 10 PM last night....

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac-12 Week 2 power rankings: USC leaves no doubt

Pac week 2 power rankings are out. Kinda too soon since conference play hasn't really started for all. But USC Washington and Stanford are still at the top. UCLA and Oregon look like they wont have seasons like last year but then again people are also not expecting Utah and Colorado to duplicate last season either. I think overall the conference looks stronger this season with the bruins and Ducks back in the mix.
I think Colorado looks like they'll be pretty good again. Utah is gonna Utah, solid but nothing great. All in all the conference as a whole is definitely stronger top to bottomish. Once we get into conference play and teams start beating up on eachother no one will acknowledge it though.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Colorado looks like they'll be pretty good again. Utah is gonna Utah, solid but nothing great. All in all the conference as a whole is definitely stronger top to bottomish. Once we get into conference play and teams start beating up on eachother no one will acknowledge it though.

Very true. On the other end of the scale Look at Florida again. Utter trash and still ranked.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you got your moneys worth. lol. Good win for the Ducks but what were your take aways from the game? The good? the bad?

The good was practically everything.

The bad was we didn't just keep our foot on the gas pedal to hang 60 or 70 points on them.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's proud of his views of women. He will offer to help you find attractive desperate foreign women that don't speak a word of English that will do whatever you want to get out of their shit hole country.

Ya, I don't know about all that just thought it was amusing when he's trolling he calls himself out. Guess you have to give him that, generally online guys brag about their accomplishments not openly telling people he couldn't get laid without bribing someone.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late to the party, but let's clear up a few things... First Wazzy, here is a shot of that home game....

bamaucla.jpg

Remember the Rose Bowl: Alabama vs UCLA 2000

Hell, Bama was ranked #3 in the country so of course we showed up even though the Bruins were a middle of the road PAC 10 team that year.

Bama took it hard after suffering that early season loss in the Rose Bowl, and they haven't been out West OOC again for a home and home after getting embarrassed by those Bruins losing 24-35.

Still one would think they would seek revenge at home the next season after the Bruins squashed their NT hopes the year prior but no, they lost at home too, by a score of 20-17.

:lol:

Oh come on now, it's not like the Rose Bowl is out of the way for most of your fans. It shouldn't take you guys 17 years between sellouts.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you got your moneys worth. lol. Good win for the Ducks but what were your take aways from the game? The good? the bad?
He came back with a 2 day hangover. Doubt he remembers any more of the details play to play of that game than I do the Husky game. Like I kind of remember heading from the party toward the stadium. I think there was a half time at some point? :noidea:

:suds:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He came back with a 2 day hangover. Doubt he remembers any more of the details play to play of that game than I do the Husky game. Like I kind of remember heading from the party toward the stadium. I think there was a half time at some point? :noidea:

:suds:

Other than Stanford live and the last quarter of the UCLA comeback over A&M I haven't seen any other PAC teams play so I was curious what you guys have seen so far from your teams. Washington hasn't played anyone you can use as a barometer right?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Stanford live and the last quarter of the UCLA comeback over A&M I haven't seen any other PAC teams play so I was curious what you guys have seen so far from your teams. Washington hasn't played anyone you can use as a barometer right?
No. You can just say in general the first game felt like a few kids came out not playing with the intensity you'd like, but all seemed to settle in and had a good second half. They played a more complete game in the second game and some of the stars were heating up. Pettis with another punt return for a TD and a few other highlights.

With these games all that you can ask is no major injuries and hope the younger kids get some quality snaps to give them some solid growth opportunities and thankfully we can say both.

Fresno State next before they open conference play on the road at Colorado.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You can just say in general the first game felt like a few kids came out not playing with the intensity you'd like, but all seemed to settle in and had a good second half. They played a more complete game in the second game and some of the stars were heating up. Pettis with another punt return for a TD and a few other highlights.

With these games all that you can ask is no major injuries and hope the younger kids get some quality snaps to give them some solid growth opportunities and thankfully we can say both.

Fresno State next before they open conference play on the road at Colorado.

Fresno State is fresh off an ass whipping by Alabama. Probably just a corpse to play now. I bet they don't kick it to Pettis

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fresno State is fresh off an ass whipping by Alabama. Probably just a corpse to play now.
Doubt we run up the score though. They will play a LOT of youth in this game. Might see some before the end of the first half. Doubt Browning plays more than a series in the 3rd quarter.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt we run up the score though. They will play a LOT of youth in this game. Might see some before the end of the first half. Doubt Browning plays more than a series in the 3rd quarter.

I hate scrub games and two in a row is bad but three weeks in a row must really suck. Thank goodness that you haven't suffered any significant injuries. USC lost one of their field goal kickers to a knee injury against Stanford. I think that leaves just a walk on.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate scrub games and two in a row is bad but three weeks in a row must really suck. Thank goodness that you haven't suffered any significant injuries. USC lost one of their field goal kickers to a knee injury against Stanford. I think that leaves just a walk on.
Ouch.

That could cost a game or two down the road for sure.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A wise man once told me: "If you have to scream about what you have, you are not secure in who you are."

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well USC and Washington don't play each other during the regular season, so that should help both teams.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on now, it's not like the Rose Bowl is out of the way for most of your fans. It shouldn't take you guys 17 years between sellouts.
You do know that the Rose Bowl is ~30 miles from Campus, right? And in LA traffic, and game day traffic, that shit actually can seem really out of the way TBH.
Also, every other year at least, it can be hard to get tickets for the Battle for LA at the Rose Bowl.

So first, you were way off with the 'poor attendance for the Bruins v Bama game & now here you go again Wazzy. I'm not picking on you, but you keep swinging for the fences and you're down to your last strike! :lol:

Also the Rose Bowl has a record attendance of nearly 108K (1973) and normally seats ~92.5K for Bruin games. It's modern capacity listing of 88,500 ranks is the 17th largest capacity in the World and 11th in the US.

So when you compare all that to Martin with an ~35K capacity, I think it's high time you might want to STFU. :dhd: