• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rating is usually the top stat and there hasn't ever been a time in their career that Rosen had a better one. Try completion percentage last year as well which is another key stat.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a 3 year build and this is year 2. Next year it will be completed.
Same place my friend.

Looks really cool, I was suppose to go down to the game next weekend but stuff came up, hopefully it's done next time we come down there.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year they were both very close. This year Browning is ahead, but I didn't say Rosen sucked. And I've said several times that line and skill players around them matter a lot with QB stats. Which is why I said his most impressive quality is his presnap reads and his vision. He gets through his progression better than any QB I've ever seen.

If they stay healthy both will be drafted.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yards as a stat? That's a system thing. Falk will always have more yards than even the top QB's in the country. Rosen had more yards, but not yards per attempt which is the great equalizer. So I'll still stand by Browning having had a little better season. :heh:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I said his most impressive quality is his presnap reads and his vision.
Meh, they have each been given this sort of praise.

Presnap reads was one reason the Bruins felt they could go to the a different offensive system. Also JR has received much praise for his ability to run through progressions.

You're acting like Browning is special for these reasons while we in Westwood have heard these same things about Rosen for two years now.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else find the irony, UW fans in one year have flipped with their identical fan base in Oregon. Last year we were hearing about how great Adams was and how he was the best QB in the conference because we were including FCS stats. And at this last year they were going in every thread posting about the score of their little rivalry game.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yards as a stat? That's a system thing. Falk will always have more yards than even the top QB's in the country. Rosen had more yards, but not yards per attempt which is the great equalizer. So I'll still stand by Browning having had a little better season. :heh:
No it's not a 'System' thing. It's a 'QB System' thing.

Dude you are really having trouble with this, aren't you.

FYI All teams run an 'Offensive System' and some teams run 'QB Systems'. They are not the same, and Josh was not in a 'QB System' last year.

So at least you're now conceding that Browning's stats were just a little better last season, too bad about that PAC Freshman player of the Year that obviously was stolen from Jake LY. :dhd:

Or maybe you just know much more than the rest of the world. :crazy:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not a 'System' thing. It's a 'QB System' thing.

Dude you are really having trouble with this, aren't you.

FYI All teams run an 'Offensive System' and some teams run 'QB Systems'. They are not the same, and Josh was not in a 'QB System' last year.

So at least you're now conceding that Browning's stats were just a little better last season, too bad about that PAC Freshman player of the Year that obviously was stolen from Jake LY. :dhd:

Or maybe you just know much more than the rest of the world. :crazy:
You can try to distort what I said, but it's not going to work. Browning had a better season last year. I was clear about that. His overall stats were indeed better. Not debatable. That doesn't mean there isn't any category that Rosen didn't have something better. Rosen did have more TD's. When you look at the totality Browning was better. Comp %, Rating, YPA, etc. Those are key measures of QB's and all favored Browning. Period.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else find the irony, UW fans in one year have flipped with their identical fan base in Oregon. Last year we were hearing about how great Adams was and how he was the best QB in the conference because we were including FCS stats. And at this last year they were going in every thread posting about the score of their little rivalry game.
If you weren't a self loathing coug you'd have more pride in your own and join in.

I was pretty sick of hearing all the praise for Rosen last year when he wasn't nearly as good as he was getting credit for. And I said as much last year. This isn't new. The new part was vita bringing it up and discounting Browning's play to support his suggestion that Rosen is better. I strongly disagree. Sue me.

And whatever you are trying to say about the ducks and Adams is kind of :L Adams was a great QB. The only knock on him was he wasn't smart and was a rent an arm. He was clearly a better QB last year than Rosen or Browning was, but he was a 5th year Sr so no shit.

Stanford has McCaffrey. Oregon has Freeman. USC Juju and a couple of others. Every team has players their fans rightly back as among the best in the country if not the conference. Nothing new there. We have Browning and Baker as the names most know from the team. Maybe Gaskin too, but this year he's been splitting duty with Coleman.

I mean it's shocking a fan of a team who's QB is currently in the top 5 of most Heisman watch lists is supporting them isn't it? :burt: Just shocking I tell you.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now that the Cougz are winning...is wazzygazzou ok?

Leach and all...
Of course he is. Or at least he's softened up on him a lot. Almost as much as we have softened up on Smith. :whistle:

The Future Modal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know. You can smell Pullman from Ellensburg. Luckily we have a few large hills to block the stench over here.

You've obviously never been to Ellensburg.

Let's hope all that wind and rain can wash away the stench of your many homeless encampments.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You shut your whore mouf!

BTW...

Must be great to have weekend off in CF...heals the aches before the next big test.
Probably good for the team, but sucks for the fans. Have to watch all the other teams without a game of our own to watch. Couple of good matches to watch though if the power doesn't go out.

That late game between the cougs and bruins should be a good one to watch.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you weren't a self loathing coug you'd have more pride in your own and join in.

I was pretty sick of hearing all the praise for Rosen last year when he wasn't nearly as good as he was getting credit for. And I said as much last year. This isn't new. The new part was vita bringing it up and discounting Browning's play to support his suggestion that Rosen is better. I strongly disagree. Sue me.

And whatever you are trying to say about the ducks and Adams is kind of :L Adams was a great QB. The only knock on him was he wasn't smart and was a rent an arm. He was clearly a better QB last year than Rosen or Browning was, but he was a 5th year Sr so no shit.

Stanford has McCaffrey. Oregon has Freeman. USC Juju and a couple of others. Every team has players their fans rightly back as among the best in the country if not the conference. Nothing new there. We have Browning and Baker as the names most know from the team. Maybe Gaskin too, but this year he's been splitting duty with Coleman.

I mean it's shocking a fan of a team who's QB is currently in the top 5 of most Heisman watch lists is supporting them isn't it? :burt: Just shocking I tell you.

Yeah but you're bringing in some "people think he's like Montana" "he's the best Ive ever seen at pre snap drills" . You need to pump the brakes a little dude.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but you're bringing in some "people think he's like Montana" "he's the best Ive ever seen at pre snap drills" . You need to pump the brakes a little dude.
So honest opinions aren't welcome here anymore. And sharing what has been said about players is no longer welcome here anymore. Just remember that. You can no longer talk about any of your players and how good you think they are.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can try to distort what I said, but it's not going to work. Browning had a better season last year. I was clear about that. His overall stats were indeed better. Not debatable. That doesn't mean there isn't any category that Rosen didn't have something better. Rosen did have more TD's. When you look at the totality Browning was better. Comp %, Rating, YPA, etc. Those are key measures of QB's and all favored Browning. Period.
I knew you would cherry pick stats to fit your argument, even though those stat lines you are claiming are the 'key measures' are pretty damned close.
Now how the heck did I guess that was gonna happen? :lol:

But heck, even though all those stats you cherry picked are pretty damned close, Rosen didn't get the benefit of facing an FCS team early on to fluff up them stat lines (Gotta add, that FCS team couldn't win more than 2 games playing their FCS schedule either! :dhd:)

Nor did Rosen get the benefit of 'missing' his toughest defensive opponent @Stanford. Yes, the same Stanford team that Browning did not play against on the road.

Just factoring those two variables regarding those 'key measures' you presented as the end all, when it's that close anyway, is not so impressive.

Browning/Rosen
CMP 233/292
ATT 368/487
PCT 63.3/60.0
YDS 2955/3670
AVG 8.0/7.5
TD 16/23
LNG 81/70
INT 10/11
TD/INT 1.6/2.1
RAT 139.7/134.3

Still looking for you to explain why Browning wasn't selected for the PAC12 Offensive Freshman of the Year.

Any idea how that happened since the 'key measure of a QB all favored Browning'?

Maybe you just know A LOT more about Football and Key Measures than the Coaches in the PAC12 who did the voting! :pound:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay Wiz, I'm done.

Browning is playing out of his mind right now and he is an excellent fit in Washington. Them Dawgs are 6-0, plenty to be proud of.

I personally think it's great that Washington have turned it around so quickly, however I didn't expect less when CP joined the Husky ranks!

I would say good luck to your team, but I don't think you need it.

Enjoy the year brother! :suds: