• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
System QB he called him.
Wow Wizzer, you usually read much better than this and you normally are much smarter than this too. :L

I'm surprised I have to break it down for you. Maybe you can try reading a bit before you get all in an up roar because someone has a different opinion than yours.

I never said Browning was a System QB, I said he was a System guy. I do understand that the term System QB is more in line with QB's who flourish under a 'passing' system.

We were to compare the three QB's, and when looking at Browning, we should recognize that comparatively both Browning and Falk have had the benefit of playing under the same system for 2 years now. Falk is playing under the Air Raid Attack Leach employs which is a passing system, and Browning is playing under Petersen offense scheme.

Peterson is well known as one of the most innovative offensive minds in the Country for many years now. In 12 years at Boise, Petersen's Broncos finished in the top 5 in scoring 8 times! So if you don't think that Browning is benefiting from the system that CP brings to Washington, you kidding yourself.

Also, while Browning has improved vastly over last year in his second year under Petersen system, Rosen is starting over from square one.

Rosen is playing for a team seeking to restructure their offensive style, and under a first time OC too.

Those changes have taken their toll on Rosen's ability to flourish over the season so far, but IMO should in the long run, tailor his skill sets to succeed in the NFL near and long term.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact for @Vitamike. Josh Rosen was the #1 pro style QB recruit coming out of his class despite Browning not only beating every single stat of his, but throwing for more TD's in just his senior season (all time single season record) than Rosen did his entire 3 year career (91 vs 90).

Why was Browning the 3rd of his class? His rating dropped hard when he refused to do the elite 11, HS combines, and other such camps and also came out and told coaches across the country to not even bother because he wanted to stay west coast to be closer to his home. That was the ONLY reason he wasn't the top pick in college. BTW, telling coaches not to bother didn't stop Saban from offering him anyway. FSU, texas, and a few other national powers still attempted to at least talk to him.

Browning was better than Rosen in HS (gatorade player of the year twice). He had an arguably better freshman season than Rosen. And now is entirely blowing him away this season with Heisman watches and video game numbers.

Again, I'll say you can credit some of his success this year to having Ross III and an emerging stud in Pettis to throw to as well as a much improved O line over last year. Those are ALWAYS a part of the story in any successful QB that is getting national hype. But he had all of these skills coming into college and that's a fact. They aren't the product of a system or coaching scheme. In fact the OC for UW was on the hot seat going into this season. It's not like he's some proven guru with a solid track record. Smith was the ONLY coach on the team that didn't get a 2yr extension last season and he's talked about knowing what that meant. He was very much on the hot seat and had to prove he could run an offense NOW.

Jake Browning's emergence as Heisman Trophy candidate doesn't surprise high school coach - MaxPreps

Nowhere am I saying Rosen sucks. UCLA has their own issues for sure. He might end up being a solid NFL QB, who knows. All I know is right now it's Browning over Rosen for the eye test and every other measure.
Hey, I'm not saying Browning sucks either. We would both be fools to say those things. Thing is, you are discounting the true freshman years for both, aren't you?

There are some solid reasons Josh is struggling and Jake is succeeding right now, but that is a much smaller sample size. When we look at their entire college careers to date, and the circumstances involved, we can see that eye test can be trusted on this one too.

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only really responding to vita's claim that Browning is nothing more than a system QB
OMG, the more I read of your BS spin the more I just laugh and laugh. Show me where I 'claimed' as you put it, that Browning is 'NOTHING MORE THAN A SYSTEM QB'.

:L You wont find it spin master Wizzer!

Never even said he was a System QB as you've previously claimed and now you stating I've claimed he is nothing more than a System QB. :pound:

God help us, Wiz is on one!

:lol:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I'm not saying he Browning sucks either. We would both be fools to say that. Thing is, you are discounting the true freshman years for both, aren't you?

There are some solid reasons Josh is struggling and Jake is succeeding right now, but that is a much smaller sample size. When we look at their entire college careers to date, and the circumstances involved, we can see that eye test can be trusted on this one too.
Washington hired Jeff Tedford (former Cal HC and former NFL OC and CFL HC) as an offensive consultant. Washington was maxed out on the coaching positions hence the consultant title. He's not allowed on the field but he's in the box upstairs next to the UW OC (Jonathan Smith ) during games and he gives his two cents during team meetings. Between him and Pete Carroll (who's also helped with the UW offense) the offense has been reworked this year and Browning mostly plays out of the read option ... just like the Seahawks.

That's Jeff Tedford with the headset on the far right of this pic. The guy just to the left of him is the UW OC.

161da80973.jpg

UW practices with the Seahawks two days every summer at the Seattle camp and Pete Carroll takes visits to the UW camp. It was Pete Carroll who turned Petersen on to rugby style tackling. Carroll has been a super big help to the Huskies these past three seasons.

16295c5a1b.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I'm not saying Browning sucks either. We would both be fools to say those things. Thing is, you are discounting the true freshman years for both, aren't you?

Why would I discount their freshmen seasons? :noidea: I already said Browning had better stats that year as well.

Rosen has never had better stats than Browning at any level of football in any season. Not in high school, and not in college.

Again, I haven't said he isn't a great QB. Just that Browning has been better so far. Better in high school. Better last year. And better now. Next year? Who knows. NFL? Who knows.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG, the more I read of your BS spin the more I just laugh and laugh. Show me where I 'claimed' as you put it, that Browning is 'NOTHING MORE THAN A SYSTEM QB'.

:L You wont find it spin master Wizzer!

Never even said he was a System QB as you've previously claimed and now you stating I've claimed he is nothing more than a System QB. :pound:

God help us, Wiz is on one!

:lol:
Wasting your time, Mike. He thinks its everyone else who can't read and comprehend.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be, except I'm not the only one who's found you out!
You can't find your way to a coherent point, more or less finding anyone out.

I mean you honestly haven't figured out how badly you have been beaten on any of your nonsense have you.

Tell us some more BS that no one actually said in some drunk sounding rambling manner that few can decipher. Always entertaining anyway.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's different? Besides the unrealistic tv screens on the outside?
There is plenty to notice. They have already built the cement pillars to hold that screen you speak of.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a 3 year build and this is year 2. Next year it will be completed.
Same place my friend.

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't being reported that it's going to be delayed due to a lack of funds?

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't being reported that it's going to be delayed due to a lack of funds?

I dont think so.... it just got pushed out due to too much to do and poor planning.
Following the 2016 season, ASU will still be installing a giant 48-foot-by-118-foot video board that will be among the largest in all of college football. It will also complete the 100,000-plus square foot Student-Athlete Facility (SAF) that will house Sun Devil football, and finish the suite level on the west side of the stadium.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Following the 2016 season, ASU will still be installing a giant 48-foot-by-118-foot video board that will be among the largest in all of college football. It will also complete the 100,000-plus square foot Student-Athlete Facility (SAF) that will house Sun Devil football, and finish the suite level on the west side of the stadium.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cheers, I try to keep up as best as I can, but outside of reading online articles, but only media presence is via podcast for ASU football.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I discount their freshmen seasons? :noidea: I already said Browning had better stats that year as well.

Rosen has never had better stats than Browning at any level of football in any season. Not in high school, and not in college.

Again, I haven't said he isn't a great QB. Just that Browning has been better so far. Better in high school. Better last year. And better now. Next year? Who knows. NFL? Who knows.
I see, 7 less TD's for Browning is a better stat in your eyes, and so is throwing for -717 Yards than Rosen in 2015.

I get it, maybe that TD to INT ratio of Jake's of 1.6 is better than the 2.1 for Josh in your eyes, and them 59 additional completions Josh made over Browning seems worse to you too.

Then again those 2 extra starter wins for Josh holds no weight at all either, right?

I can agree that Rosen has never had better stats than Browning, if you're cherry picking the stats. There are a few but the difference is minimal compared to the stats I just shared.

Also what do we do with that PAC12 Freshman Player of the Year in 2015 for Josh, discount that too?

Come on man, no one is saying that Browning doesn't have a bright future & isn't playing very well in a system with great coaching, but you can't be saying that Browning had better stats than Rosen last year, can you?

It's just so subjective but I think most reasonable people can see Josh had the overall edge and that's clearly why he won the Freshman player of the year and not Browning.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, yes I can say he had a better season than Rosen last year. I can very much say that. And had a worse line and less receivers in his effort.