• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Browning over Rosen in a heartbeat and not even think twice.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what Vita is saying but I've seen plenty of QBs play in High school and later college and pros. Rosens going to play in the NFL nothing to do with his stats or winning at UCLA just like John Elways didnt win shit in college. From watching him in High School hes beter than quite a few Ive seen go on to the NFL. I really dont know much about Browning other than watching his current games. He looked human against Arizona and he's played awesome in other games. Safe to say he's really good but it helps to be on a team on a roll.
You said all you really need to right there. You haven't seen what Browning has done and yet have an opinion on his play anyway. That's fine. Everyone does that. But you CAN'T look at what he's done and say Rosen is, or has been, better. You can't.

And I'll say this again clearly, none of that has anything to do with what either will do in the NFL. Zero. This is college football. And right now Browning is a better college football QB than Rosen.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said all you really need to right there. You haven't seen what Browning has done and yet have an opinion on his play anyway. That's fine. Everyone does that. But you CAN'T look at what he's done and say Rosen is, or has been, better. You can't.

And I'll say this again clearly, none of that has anything to do with what either will do in the NFL. Zero. This is college football. And right now Browning is a better college football QB than Rosen.

I'm just saying I;ve seen my share of QBs who played HS here in Socal and Rosen is like the ones who went on to the NFL. I dont go by how many TDS they threw in high school how many wins their high school team won. There's nothing Rosens done at UCLA that doesnt tell me he's a future NFL QB. Saying someones a better college QB doesnt mean all that much. Look at the Ohio State QBs who have won big and end up playing receiver in the Pros. If they were playing QB at another school in college they wouldnt have had that success. Browings been great and his teammates have been great but just because Rosens not having the year Browing is doesn't mean he's the more talented. They are pretty close . Lets see how it goes.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for jim who thought Browning didn't look that good in the Arizona game, well his rating in that game was 152. Rosen was well below that this year vs A&M, UNLV, BYU, and ASU. Jake has had only one other game below a 200 rating and that was 185 vs Rutgers. Rosen's highest so far was 160 vs Arizona. Jake threw one bad ball vs the cats that was intercepted. Only his second of the year against 23 TD's.

The kid is doing some crazy shit up here man. Try watching a bit of it. You might end up seeing what we are seeing as well.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying I;ve seen my share of QBs who played HS here in Socal and Rosen is like the ones who went on to the NFL. I dont go by how many TDS they threw in high school how many wins their high school team won. There's nothing Rosens done at UCLA that doesnt tell me he's a future NFL QB. Saying someones a better college QB doesnt mean all that much. Look at the Ohio State QBs who have won big and end up playing receiver in the Pros. If they were playing QB at another school in college they wouldnt have had that success. Browings been great and his teammates have been great but just because Rosens not having the year Browing is doesn't mean he's the more talented. They are pretty close . Lets see how it goes.
So you want to change the convo around. That's fine too.

Vita called him a system QB in defense of how his numbers are compared to Rosen and I entirely destroyed that notion. In every conceivable way.

All I have said outside of that is right now, right here, today, Browning is a better college QB than Rosen. That's entirely opinion. I also said he was a better HS QB and the facts support that. Again, it's not just the numbers. Read what the scouts said and read what his coaches have said. Look at the film of the types of throws he was completing in high school.

Several former NFL QB's compare this kid to Joe Montana in both style and how he conducts himself. That's not UW homers saying that shit.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for jim who thought Browning didn't look that good in the Arizona game, well his rating in that game was 152. Rosen was well below that this year vs A&M, UNLV, BYU, and ASU. Jake has had only one other game below a 200 rating and that was 185 vs Rutgers. Rosen's highest so far was 160 vs Arizona. Jake threw one bad ball vs the cats that was intercepted. Only his second of the year against 23 TD's.

The kid is doing some crazy shit up here man. Try watching a bit of it. You might end up seeing what we are seeing as well.

Vita called him a system QB in defense of how his numbers are compared to Rosen and I entirely destroyed that notion. In every conceivable way.

All I have said outside of that is right now, right here, today, Browning is a better college QB than Rosen. That's entirely opinion. I also said he was a better HS QB and the facts support that. Again, it's not just the numbers. Read what the scouts said and read what his coaches have said. Look at the film of the types of throws he was completing in high school.

Several former NFL QB's compare this kid to Joe Montana in both style and how he conducts himself. That's not UW homers saying that shit.

I'm not with Vita on the system qb thing. If he was kellen Moore size and running the spread full time maybe but he's not.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right now Brownings playing on a better team. Rosens 6'4 with a gun. there's no throw he can't make that Browning can. They are both young.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen is like 2" taller and 10lbs heavier I believe. And he looks more natural running. Browning is sort of a dork in appearance. And while he can escape the pocket and keep plays alive, he's no Russell Wilson by any stretch.

I go all the way back to Warren Moon in watching college football at Husky Stadium and I have never before seen a college QB that gets through the reads the way he does. None of USC's studs, not Mariota, not any former UW QB, and not anyone else that comes to mind right now. His presnap reads are spot on and vision and reaction to the developing play are stunning.

I still like Rosen and if UCLA had Ross on their squad maybe his numbers are higher as well. Maybe. What we do know is what we are seeing right here and now.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that he's struggling is why, for some reason, I would just trust him more if I were building a team if those were my choices...though I'd take Falk over both.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The winner of the Fiesta Bowl and Peach Bowl would then go to Tampa to play January 9th for the National Championship. It's early but I am going to make the prediction that Washington will climb to the number 3 spot and play Michigan in the first playoff matchup. I believe Washington can beat Michigan and move on to the national championship game in Tampa where they will play Alabama.

Since I have undersold many predictions thus far this season it's time for the Husky Hype Highway to get bold on the road to Tampa.

Husky Hype Highway Post-Season Prediction:

Washington defeats Alabama 28-24 at the national championship game in Tampa beginning the Dawgfather Part II dynasty of Chris Petersen and the Washington Huskies.

That would be insane. Wow.
LOL. You're going to beat Michigan/Alabama et al and you haven't even played a winning team yet this season. LOL.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA's offensive line has been sub par this year and I think that's had an effect on Rosen's game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA's offensive line has been sub par this year and I think that's had an effect on Rosen's game.
Agreed. Browning also struggled a bit early last year when he had line problems. That's what makes true evaluations of QB's more than just the numbers as those numbers depend on line and skill players around them.

When you have NFL QB's comparing someone to Montana and former NFL coaches saying he's making NFL throws that adds more weight than simply what UW is doing collectively or what his numbers are. Those are just the icing on the cake to me.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can take anyone comparing Montana to Browning with a massive grain of salt. I love Holmgren but that is massively premature especially since he's yet to have a real win in college.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. How fucking dumb I am. Sorry, you're ready for Bama. LOL.
You do realize it wasn't dayman that said that about bama right? So he corrects one thing you said and then you jump all the way to he feels UW is ready to beat Bama just to feel better about yourself? :noidea:

UW has a solid team this year, but no one, and I mean no one, knows if they can finish the conference undefeated. I've put the odds at maybe 20-25% chance they do, others think it's higher, but it's not a given and no one is suggesting otherwise.

Where was all of this sarcastic outrage when duck fans have been blowing their horn the last several years up here? Why is it that you only do this shit when it's about UW? Don't bother answering that as no one would probably be able to understand what incoherent babble you are throwing out anyway.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait until this season is over and we can all talk about how Washington pumped this conference like a cheap $20 crack h0 at a Motel 6.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can take anyone comparing Montana to Browning with a massive grain of salt. I love Holmgren but that is massively premature especially since he's yet to have a real win in college.
Holmgren didn't make that comparison, he just said he has seen Jake make NFL caliber throws.

And the comparison to Montana is about style and similar mindset, not NFL hall of fame caliber. The way he gets through reads and his pinpoint accuracy are what they are comparing him with.

And lol at Falk over Browning. Just lol.