• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falk is a system QB. Mariota was a system QB in college and won a Heisman doing it. And BTW he's not doing bad in the pros so far either.

To me system QB's impact how you view their overall stats as compared to more traditional offense based QB's, but that's about it. This wouldn't be the first time I've heard someone at least elude to Browning being Kellen Moore 2.0 and that's just absurd. You aren't watching this kid if you say that. And you can't tell me otherwise.

Holmgren was asked about this kid recently and he said when he's looking at college QB's he looks at a few different throws that elite QB's in the NFL can make. He said they all can throw a fade route, but can you throw with anticipation and hit the tougher routes? From what he's seen of Browning he has that look of an NFL QB that can hit those tougher throws and has great field vision. This coming from a NFL QB guru.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The winner of the Fiesta Bowl and Peach Bowl would then go to Tampa to play January 9th for the National Championship. It's early but I am going to make the prediction that Washington will climb to the number 3 spot and play Michigan in the first playoff matchup. I believe Washington can beat Michigan and move on to the national championship game in Tampa where they will play Alabama.

Since I have undersold many predictions thus far this season it's time for the Husky Hype Highway to get bold on the road to Tampa.

Husky Hype Highway Post-Season Prediction:

Washington defeats Alabama 28-24 at the national championship game in Tampa beginning the Dawgfather Part II dynasty of Chris Petersen and the Washington Huskies.

That would be insane. Wow.

If that came true, @4down20 would hunt me down just so he can punch me in the junk!

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falk is a system QB. Mariota was a system QB in college and won a Heisman doing it. And BTW he's not doing bad in the pros so far either.

To me system QB's impact how you view their overall stats as compared to more traditional offense based QB's, but that's about it. This wouldn't be the first time I've heard someone at least elude to Browning being Kellen Moore 2.0 and that's just absurd. You aren't watching this kid if you say that. And you can't tell me otherwise.

Holmgren was asked about this kid recently and he said when he's looking at college QB's he looks at a few different throws that elite QB's in the NFL can make. He said they all can throw a fade route, but can you throw with anticipation and hit the tougher routes? From what he's seen of Browning he has that look of an NFL QB that can hit those tougher throws and has great field vision. This coming from a NFL QB guru.
Lately I've been catching myself walking around at work clapping, simulating Browning's snap count.....

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently the weather people got it wrong. nothing major last night. now it is moved to today. so far this morning has been chill here as well. some thunder and lightning. rain of course. wind has not picked up too much but it is there.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently the weather people got it wrong. nothing major last night. now it is moved to today. so far this morning has been chill here as well. some thunder and lightning. rain of course. wind has not picked up too much but it is there.
Actually thousands are without power and the winds did reach levels that were forecasted, but it was very haphazard who got hit by it. Even had a tornado on the Oregon coast. And it started dead on at the time we were told last night. At 9pm the winds were howling around our neighborhood and a few trees up the block came crashing down.

We didn't lose power and no damage in our yard so the early storm wasn't too bad. Hope that Saturday one goes north and misses us. Too much good football to watch.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually thousands are without power and the winds did reach levels that were forecasted, but it was very haphazard who got hit by it. Even had a tornado on the Oregon coast. And it started dead on at the time we were told last night. At 9pm the winds were howling around our neighborhood and a few trees up the block came crashing down.

We didn't lose power and no damage in our yard so the early storm wasn't too bad. Hope that Saturday one goes north and misses us. Too much good football to watch.

They had tornado warnings this morning out at Raymond and South Bend, called them off though.....
Guess I wont go shot ducks in the morning...... :pout:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that a Coug looking too far ahead??? I thought the Big Sky would have taught you guys about that.....

Not looking ahead, if we win these next two games the AC will be for the Pac 12 north title. We will not lose 2 with Cal, Colorado and Oregon State. Even with one loss and an upset over UW we win the north.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched both QB's and find Browning to be the better QB right now. I won't try to guess what the NFL future is for either as that's a whole different game. Right now, right here, in this league Browning is farther along and the better QB. I really don't see how anyone can debate that.

I'm a USC guy so I'm not one to shine up UCLA players but Rosen is the real deal. Things around him aren't stable thats why you dont see the production. I'm not saying Browning is second to him or better I'm just saying Rosens not playing with the team Browning is playing with right now and if he was I'm pretty sure he'd be making you guys happy if he was your QB.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's way to early to say who is who with Rosen and Browning. Right now it looks like Browning is more Manning and Rosen is more Leaf. Falk is more Tom Brady.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact for @Vitamike. Josh Rosen was the #1 pro style QB recruit coming out of his class despite Browning not only beating every single stat of his, but throwing for more TD's in just his senior season (all time single season record) than Rosen did his entire 3 year career (91 vs 90).

Why was Browning the 3rd of his class? His rating dropped hard when he refused to do the elite 11, HS combines, and other such camps and also came out and told coaches across the country to not even bother because he wanted to stay west coast to be closer to his home. That was the ONLY reason he wasn't the top pick in college. BTW, telling coaches not to bother didn't stop Saban from offering him anyway. FSU, texas, and a few other national powers still attempted to at least talk to him.

Browning was better than Rosen in HS (gatorade player of the year twice). He had an arguably better freshman season than Rosen. And now is entirely blowing him away this season with Heisman watches and video game numbers.

Again, I'll say you can credit some of his success this year to having Ross III and an emerging stud in Pettis to throw to as well as a much improved O line over last year. Those are ALWAYS a part of the story in any successful QB that is getting national hype. But he had all of these skills coming into college and that's a fact. They aren't the product of a system or coaching scheme. In fact the OC for UW was on the hot seat going into this season. It's not like he's some proven guru with a solid track record. Smith was the ONLY coach on the team that didn't get a 2yr extension last season and he's talked about knowing what that meant. He was very much on the hot seat and had to prove he could run an offense NOW.

Jake Browning's emergence as Heisman Trophy candidate doesn't surprise high school coach - MaxPreps

Nowhere am I saying Rosen sucks. UCLA has their own issues for sure. He might end up being a solid NFL QB, who knows. All I know is right now it's Browning over Rosen for the eye test and every other measure.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a USC guy so I'm not one to shine up UCLA players but Rosen is the real deal. Things around him aren't stable thats why you dont see the production. I'm not saying Browning is second to him or better I'm just saying Rosens not playing with the team Browning is playing with right now and if he was I'm pretty sure he'd be making you guys happy if he was your QB.
Never said nor implied Rosen is garbage. I'm only really responding to vita's claim that Browning is nothing more than a system QB because it's entirely wrong on every level. And the facts simply don't support it. It's him trying to arbitrarily dismiss what Browning is doing to make his QB look better and I'm calling him out on it.

Would I take Rosen now if Browning didn't exist? Of course I would. But if vita is to be believed, he wouldn't take Browning if the roles were reversed because Browning is just a system guy.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact for @Vitamike. Josh Rosen was the #1 pro style QB recruit coming out of his class despite Browning not only beating every single stat of his, but throwing for more TD's in just his senior season (all time single season record) than Rosen did his entire 3 year career (91 vs 90).

Why was Browning the 3rd of his class? His rating dropped hard when he refused to do the elite 11, HS combines, and other such camps and also came out and told coaches across the country to not even bother because he wanted to stay west coast to be closer to his home. That was the ONLY reason he wasn't the top pick in college. BTW, telling coaches not to bother didn't stop Saban from offering him anyway. FSU, texas, and a few other national powers still attempted to at least talk to him.

Browning was better than Rosen in HS (gatorade player of the year twice). He had an arguably better freshman season than Rosen. And now is entirely blowing him away this season with Heisman watches and video game numbers.

Again, I'll say you can credit some of his success this year to having Ross III and an emerging stud in Pettis to throw to as well as a much improved O line over last year. Those are ALWAYS a part of the story in any successful QB that is getting national hype. But he had all of these skills coming into college and that's a fact. They aren't the product of a system or coaching scheme. In fact the OC for UW was on the hot seat going into this season. It's not like he's some proven guru with a solid track record. Smith was the ONLY coach on the team that didn't get a 2yr extension last season and he's talked about knowing what that meant. He was very much on the hot seat and had to prove he could run an offense NOW.

Jake Browning's emergence as Heisman Trophy candidate doesn't surprise high school coach - MaxPreps

Nowhere am I saying Rosen sucks. UCLA has their own issues for sure. He might end up being a solid NFL QB, who knows. All I know is right now it's Browning over Rosen for the eye test and every other measure.

You cant use High school stats. Rosen played on a team that was dominating and he rarely played the whole game . Maybe Brownings coach left him in a lot longer than Rosen. I watched an oaks christian QB put up incredible numbers but he wasn't that good he was playing with 8 D1 players on his team against teams who might have one if any.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said nor implied Rosen is garbage. I'm only really responding to vita's claim that Browning is nothing more than a system QB because it's entirely wrong on every level. And the facts simply don't support it. It's him trying to arbitrarily dismiss what Browning is doing to make his QB look better and I'm calling him out on it.

Would I take Rosen now if Browning didn't exist? Of course I would. But if vita is to be believed, he wouldn't take Browning if the roles were reversed because Browning is just a system guy.

I don't know what Vita is saying but I've seen plenty of QBs play in High school and later college and pros. Rosens going to play in the NFL nothing to do with his stats or winning at UCLA just like John Elways didnt win shit in college. From watching him in High School hes beter than quite a few Ive seen go on to the NFL. I really dont know much about Browning other than watching his current games. He looked human against Arizona and he's played awesome in other games. Safe to say he's really good but it helps to be on a team on a roll.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant use High school stats. Rosen played on a team that was dominating and he rarely played the whole game . Maybe Brownings coach left him in a lot longer than Rosen. I watched an oaks christian QB put up incredible numbers but he wasn't that good he was playing with 8 D1 players on his team against teams who might have one if any.
Check again. Brownings team went 42-2 in his career only losing two games in the playoffs his first two years to the eventual champion De La Salle (it's right there in that quoted article man lol). And he was often not in games past the first drive of the 3rd quarter.

I'm telling you that you guys haven't seen what this kid has done. His first start as a sophomore he threw for 10 TD's. His very first game EVER.

I'd bet you his overall minutes played was lower than Rosen's. That argument holds no water.