• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to cancel the CCG. The conference winner will be crowned on 11/25, you southies can play for the Alamo Bowl invite
:hmm:

Got a hunch that the CCG will be much more competitive than the Apple Cup will be this year Wazzy.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hmm:

Got a hunch that the CCG will be much more competitive than the Apple Cup will be this year Wazzy.

Well shall see, Saturday is the only game the rest of the way that remotely has a talent advantage and in Tempe the next weekend is the last game that we won't be favored by a touchdown. Doesn't mean we won't drop one but on paper UCLA and ASU are the only obstacles and if we win both of those the AC will be for the Pac 12 title. We can drop one between Cal and Colorado and it's still for the North.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shall see, Saturday is the only game the rest of the way that remotely has a talent advantage and in Tempe the next weekend is the last game that we won't be favored by a touchdown. Doesn't mean we won't drop one but on paper UCLA and ASU are the only obstacles and if we win both of those the AC will be for the Pac 12 title. We can drop one between Cal and Colorado and it's still for the North.
Is that a Coug looking too far ahead??? I thought the Big Sky would have taught you guys about that.....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JR is not available all game, than this could be the first game all season for the Bruins that wont be competitive.

That said, the Bruins need to get their running on track against a pretty stout run defense because without it, the Bruins can't compete if Rosen is on the bench for any length of time like last week.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JR is not available all game, than this could be the first game all season for the Bruins that wont be competitive.

That said, the Bruins need to get their running on track against a pretty stout run defense because without it, the Bruins can't compete if Rosen is on the bench for any length of time like last week.
Jim Mora and the Lack of Accountability in the UCLA Football Program
Jim Mora and the Lack of Accountability in the UCLA Football Program
Things like this are why UW is 6-0 and why UCLA is 3-3.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this order .... Browning (homer pick), Falk and then Rosen.

Rosen kind of reminds me of Manziel 2.0 with his attitude.
I'm guessing this could just be a Bruins fan perspective however looking deeper into it..... Both Browning and Falk are system guys... A lot of their success is due to the tenured Coaching and Systems they are in.

Rosen is playing this year under the recently promoted Polamalu who is a first year OC. Along with the system change at Westwood, he has been performing well enough without any balance what-so-ever.

As for your attitude comment, I believe his confidence does come across as entitled, however starting a Manziel 2.0 naritive is totally unwarranted and unfounded.

He is in fact, just a 19 y/o kid.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing this could just be a Bruins fan perspective however looking deeper into it..... Both Browning and Falk are system guys... A lot of their success is due to the tenured Coaching and Systems they are in.

Rosen is playing this year under the recently promoted Polamalu who is a first year OC. Along with the system change at Westwood, he has been performing well enough without any balance what-so-ever.

As for your attitude comment, I believe his confidence does come across as entitled, however starting a Manziel 2.0 naritive is totally unwarranted and unfounded.

So your saying:

Rosen > Browning

or

Rosen + System < Browning + System

Or both?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Browning's a system guy? I suppose that makes sense if your system is dropping back, expertly working through your progression, and throwing to a spot on the field that the receiver will just happen to be at when the ball gets there.

If that's not what you meant, how is he a system guy?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your saying:

Rosen > Browning

or

Rosen + System < Browning + System

Or both?
I'll drill it down for you, Rosen will be the better of the three in the NFL.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browning's a system guy? I suppose that makes sense if your system is dropping back, expertly working through your progression, and throwing to a spot on the field that the receiver will just happen to be at when the ball gets there.

I think that he is looking at the college success of Peterson's QB's and their lack of success in the NFL to conclude that a QB under Peterson must be a product of his system......but that's just a guess

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll drill it down for you, Rosen will be the better of the three in the NFL.
I would be willing to lay all my vCash on that bet.......although it would take a long ass time to play out!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love your coach, I knew he would be a huge success if he ever moved to a P5 school.

That said, Browning is in the second year of a proven system built on sound defense and a balanced attack. A system that develops players to grow and develop within that system.

Not quite the same as the Air Raid attack system at Washington State I know, so that is why I included the terms Tenured Coaching.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow @Vitamike , Browning is a system guy? :L

You do realize he is the all time TD king in high school history, and didn't play as a freshman. He is the most prolific passer in all of the history of high school football.

Now in his second year he is leading all of college football in several key stats including rating, and if the season were over today his rating would be the highest ever in college.

He's not on an air raid, bear raid, crazy spread option, or some kind of trick offense. He's a shotgun drop back passer with a balance run/pass attack that sees the field better than any QB I've ever seen in college.

You can question the level of talent around both teams or stuff like that, but system QB? That tells me you haven't watched even one minute of their games. You are normally smarter than that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched both QB's and find Browning to be the better QB right now. I won't try to guess what the NFL future is for either as that's a whole different game. Right now, right here, in this league Browning is farther along and the better QB. I really don't see how anyone can debate that.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love your coach, I knew he would be a huge success if he ever moved to a P5 school.

That said, Browning is in the second year of a proven system built on sound defense and a balanced attack. A system that develops players to grow and develop within that system.

Not quite the same as the Air Raid attack system at Washington State I know, so that is why I included the terms Tenured Coaching.
Okay, but the disconnect for me here is that's not a system that would help boost a QB's stats. It actually is closer to an NFL system than most other programs in the conference. If your point is he's well coached and his game has benefitted from that, I'll take it, and stick with him if I have to choose between the three.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, but the disconnect for me here is that's not a system that would help boost a QB's stats. It's actually is closer to an NFL system than most other programs in the conference. If your point is he's well coached and his game has benefitted from that, I'll take it, and stick with him if I have to choose between the three.
Further, if he's just the product of a system or good coaching then why did he also dominate high school football to end his career there as the all time TD king in prep sports history?

This kid has dominated at every level he has played at. He sees the field better than any QB I've ever seen in college and his touch on the deep ball is amazing for a kid that has only just turned 20.

System QB he called him. :lol:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The winner of the Fiesta Bowl and Peach Bowl would then go to Tampa to play January 9th for the National Championship. It's early but I am going to make the prediction that Washington will climb to the number 3 spot and play Michigan in the first playoff matchup. I believe Washington can beat Michigan and move on to the national championship game in Tampa where they will play Alabama.

Since I have undersold many predictions thus far this season it's time for the Husky Hype Highway to get bold on the road to Tampa.

Husky Hype Highway Post-Season Prediction:

Washington defeats Alabama 28-24 at the national championship game in Tampa beginning the Dawgfather Part II dynasty of Chris Petersen and the Washington Huskies.

That would be insane. Wow.