• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted the data above, but the media voted 28 for USC to win it, 22 for UW, 1 for Utah, and 1 for Oregon.

I was actually a bit surprised to see 22 voting for UW given how few nationally are. Expected more of a gap there.

How many times has the consensus media list ever turned out exactly in the order they had it? Ever?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted the data above, but the media voted 28 for USC to win it, 22 for UW, 1 for Utah, and 1 for Oregon.

I was actually a bit surprised to see 22 voting for UW given how few nationally are. Expected more of a gap there.

How many times has the consensus media list ever turned out exactly in the order they had it? Ever?

By media don't they mean the media that covers that PAC?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By media don't they mean the media that covers that PAC?
Yes, they are all from inside the Pac12 I believe. Not sure if any national press are in on those polls.

I was just saying I'd have expected much of the media from around the conference to be more or less in similar step to the national views.

Except for the stoner duck reporter. That guy was seriously high before he put his vote in.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they are all from inside the Pac12 I believe. Not sure if any national press are in on those polls.

I was just saying I'd have expected much of the media from around the conference to be more or less in similar step to the national views.

Except for the stoner duck reporter. That guy was seriously high before he put his vote in.

From what I've read it's pretty close to 50 50 on people thinking its UW or USCs year. Darnolds the media darling but UW is still thought of as the team to beat by many .

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read it's pretty close to 50 50 on people thinking its UW or USCs year. Darnolds the media darling but UW is still thought of as the team to beat by many .
And of course injury could derail either of them.

Anything can and will happen. No doubt there will be the usual upsets and unexpected results for some team everyone overlooked.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anything can and will happen. No doubt there will be the usual upsets and unexpected results for some team everyone overlooked.

Oh yeah , I don't know about UW but going to the second string QB would make winning the south tough for USC

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So go start your own site and ban to your hearts content. You already post 24/7 365 you might as well. lol
I have my own site along with admining the two largest Washington groups on FB and writing pieces now and then for another college football site not to mention a few podcast I did a few years back. But ya, if i was admin on here I'd ban your ass in a NYC second

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my own site along with admining the two largest Washington groups on FB and writing pieces now and then for another college football site not to mention a few podcast I did a few years back. But ya, if i was admin on here I'd ban your ass in a NYC second

Well good for you. Sounds like you found your calling . I bet that sounds good in your head too huh. Do they also get your cocksuckers,Phag and the rest of the words you use here? Or do you act like a different person?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whos the QB behind Browning? Would he be able to keep the ship afloat?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what you're not getting is how do they relate to a grown man whos a coach? they aren't trying to be coaches they want to be football players. Your CEOs are in your chain of command. Thats a different thing.
not really. im not trying to be a CEO of a hospital and the CEO has never done what I do

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what you're not getting is how do they relate to a grown man whos a coach? they aren't trying to be coaches they want to be football players. Your CEOs are in your chain of command. Thats a different thing.
looking up to someone as a role model doesn't mean they are trying to grow up to be exactly like them in every aspect of life and career.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking up to someone as a role model doesn't mean they are trying to grow up to be exactly like them in every aspect of life and career.

I don't think players think of Nick Saban or Urban Meyer or Petersen as people they want to be like or some sort of role model. I think they think of them as teachers. I think Harbaugh tried to hard to be cool and have his players like him and I dont think thats getting him anywhere or at least past Urban.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?!?

Not one vote for UCLA? :rolleyes2:

I guess Bill Walton wasn't there passing that True Blue & Gold pipe around that @mcnabb7542 was talking about. :hippie:

It's really a tough schedule on top of everything else that happened last year in Westwood.

In reality I doubt the Bruins even challenge for the South, but should SC stumble a couple of times along the way, the Bruins could be in the mix by the time the battle for LA comes around, and that's the best I can hope for. Even for this Bruins fan, that's the only way I actually see them Bruins in Levi playing the North Champs.

Really wonder about the Buffs though?

No one is giving them an ounce of respect as the current South Champs. Maybe it's about right, but could they be a factor if they actually get better. :noidea:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think players think of Nick Saban or Urban Meyer or Petersen as people they want to be like or some sort of role model. I think they think of them as teachers. I think Harbaugh tried to hard to be cool and have his players like him and I dont think thats getting him anywhere or at least past Urban.
and teachers and coaches cant be role models? OK

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it was a duck reporter. So far of the Oregon reporters I have seen that revealed how they voted it wasn't for Oregon.