• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expanding On that . If I'm going to law school then yeah I'd be interested in a firm where the lead attorneys are younger than normal and they seem to promote quick. Or if I'm a young architect and I find a firm where they are mostly younger and doing fun interesting projects. You can picture yourself doing it like they did.But these are players who want to play football not be coaches. You want one that wins and teaches and can get you in the NFL . You dont care as much if he's a crusty old white guy (Belichick type) or black guy (Shaw) a fun guy (Carroll) or a no nonsense type like Petersen. Yeah players liked Carroll but they also liked Orgeron. It was Carrolls winning not just the fun. Saban looks like he's not that fun to play for but he's turned down more talent than most teams have gotten. You might get some players with the shiny uniforms or the fancy locker room or the fact that the coaches playlist has musicians you listen to but winners don't care as much about those things.
Ah, Ed O....

So LSU took off that 'Interim' tag at 6-2. It will be interesting to see how he does with his second stint in SEC land.

I've always wondered how the 'ole house of cards would have fallen had Ed O's two loss been to highly ranked Stanford & let's say, Oregon St. (It was early in his stint, and a road game) instead of ND and UCLA.

I mean, considering Kiffin's start & of course the whole sanctions deal, 6-2 is not that bad of a finish, but it was probably all about who those two losses came to, the two rivals.

I've got to think 6-2 with wins @ ND and vs UCLA wins him the FT position. So how about a reset of the 'ole house of cards?

• So, if SC took off the Interim tag from EO, he still could be there, and they never pluck Sark from UW.
  • If they don't pluck Sark, of course 7 win Sark could still be there at UW. :eek:
  • If 7 win Sark was still at UW, Peterson could of ended up in the NW after all, but at Oregon instead.
  • If Peterson was at Oregon, then Mamba could still be here posting a count down on how many days it's been since UW beat the Ducks here on the hoop. :heh:
  • If Mamba was still on here posting, he would have perma banned AG from the PAC12 thread by now for sure... :clap:
So in other words, that fact that AG is still here posting on the PAC12 boards is all USC's fault. :D

:dhd:

Last edited:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC12 media poll today have USC and Washington winning the South and North and playing for the PAC12 champ trophy.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC12 media poll today have USC and Washington winning the South and North and playing for the PAC12 champ trophy.
Well ain't that nice, why play the season then? :lol:

JK Regent, but this story seems like it's missing something...

Did they say who they 'have' winning the CCG?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, Ed O....

So LSU took off that 'Interim' tag at 6-2. It will be interesting to see how he does with his second stint in SEC land.

I've always wondered how the 'ole house of cards would have fallen had Ed O's two loss been to highly ranked Stanford & let's say, Oregon St. (It was early in his stint, and a road game) instead of ND and UCLA.

I mean, considering Kiffin's start & of course the whole sanctions deal, 6-2 is not that bad of a finish, but it was probably all about who those two losses came to, the two rivals.

I've got to think 6-2 with wins @ ND and vs UCLA wins him the FT position. So how about a reset of the 'ole house of cards?

• So, if SC took off the Interim tag from EO, he still could be there, and they never pluck Sark from UW.
  • If they don't pluck Sark, of course 7 win Sark could still be there at UW. :eek:
  • If 7 win Sark was still at UW, Peterson could of ended up in the NW after all, but at Oregon instead.
  • If Peterson was at Oregon, then Mamba could still be here posting a count down on how many days it's been since UW beat the Ducks here on the hoop. :heh:
  • If Mamba was still on here posting, he would have perma banned AG from the PAC12 thread by now for sure... :clap:
So in other words, that fact that AG is still here posting on the PAC12 boards is all USC's fault. :D

:dhd:
If I was a mod on here I'd probably ban half the posters on this thread for being whining sniveling crybaby's.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac-12 preseason media poll:

North (first-place votes in parentheses)
1. Washington (49) — 309 points
2. Stanford (1) — 247
3. Washington State (1) — 206
4. Oregon (1) — 163
5. Oregon State — 101
6. California — 64

South
1. USC (49) — 309
2. Utah (1) — 220
3. UCLA (1) — 209
4. Colorado (1) — 182
5. Arizona State — 109
6. Arizona — 61

PAC-12 TITLE GAME CHAMPION: USC (28 votes)
Others receiving votes: Washington (22), Oregon (1), Utah (1)

Which idiot picked Oregon to win it all? :noidea:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen wouldnt of been interested in Oregon with all the gaga involved. Too much Nike and Phil interference in the program. He's also a disciplinarian and preaches about academics. That wouldnt fly with Phil either.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a mod on here I'd probably ban half the posters on this thread for being whining sniveling crybaby's.

tumblr_maprtgDdq01qdojan.gif

Most here would just laugh it off bro.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whoever gave votes for the other school's to win their divisions should have all credentials removed.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean like Regent who keeps crying about Phil Knight?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen wouldnt of been interested in Oregon with all the gaga involved. Too much Nike and Phil interference in the program. He's also a disciplinarian and preaches about academics. That wouldnt fly with Phil either.
On the serious side, had SC made Orgeron HC, Sark no doubt stays at UW for at least another year. (Where was he at in his contract?)

Seems the timing was just right for Peterson to land in Washington. What do you guys think, were there other destination Pete would have considered?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the serious side, had SC made Orgeron HC, Sark no doubt stays at UW for at least another year. (Where was he at in his contract?)

Seems the timing was just right for Peterson to land in Washington. What do you guys think, were there other destination Pete would have considered?

I honestly don't believe he would have taken Oregon.....Not homering it, not blaming Phil, just think he had one choice in his heart and stuck with it...

Let's not forget he did interview at SC but said No

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't believe he would have taken Oregon.....Not homering it, not blaming Phil, just think he had one choice in his heart and stuck with it...

Oregon was an option. he had been an assistant at Oregon before so he knew the ins and outs of the university. I think with his sons health issues being closer to UW which is top of the line Medical was a big factor

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, he turned down UCLA in 2011 too, and they were set to pay him $4M/yr & $2M/yr for assistants.

That's more than UW is reportedly paying him now ($3.6M/yr), and that was 2 years earlier.

Plus, as we saw, CRN did not leave the cupboard bare.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry you must have missed the part of about "for some of these kids"
being able to relate to your coaches makes them more comfortable to be around. more approachable. I have worked for my company for almost 14 years and have had 3 CEOs. the one I got along with best was the younger laid back guy who I could go to with issues without feeling like I was in the principals office. the one who if I ran into him in public would grab a beer with you and bs about movies, tv, or sports.

And what you're not getting is how do they relate to a grown man whos a coach? they aren't trying to be coaches they want to be football players. Your CEOs are in your chain of command. Thats a different thing.