• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and teachers and coaches cant be role models? OK

I said I doubt Saban and Urban are looked at as a role model by players. Of course coaches and teachers can be. But you go find how many players think of Belichick as a role model.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whos the QB behind Browning? Would he be able to keep the ship afloat?
Carta-Samuels has been behind him for some time and wasn't enough up to the task last year to go in so Jake could rest, but he does look like he has been on an arc of improvement. There are a couple of younger ones behind him that have promise, but no experience. Really hard to say how things would look without Browning, but for sure there would be drop off.
If it was a duck reporter. So far of the Oregon reporters I have seen that revealed how they voted it wasn't for Oregon.
Gender confused beaver reporter? :noidea:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touche. Both your programs have a rich history of buying players and academic shenanigans to get athletically gifted special ed tards and criminals on the rosters so it's completely

Pot-calling-the-kettle-black-734818.jpg

time....

Whenever a Trojan and Duck start arguing about pathetically obvious player buying,

tied.gif

Perhaps you and Oly can get together and provide your evidence?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got to think 6-2 with wins @ ND and vs UCLA wins him the FT position. So how about a reset of the 'ole house of cards?

You'd be incorrect. Orgeron sisn't lose the job because he lost to ND and UCLA...he didn't get the job because he wasn't a coach who could make in game adjustments.

There were already starting to be some doubts about him going into the UCLA game, when he got completely outcoached by Mora (who is looking more and more like he's nothing special) it basically showed all of his weaknesses as a head coach.

I hope he has learned enough since USC that he ends up being successful at LSU because I really like him. But if he hasn't, his time as LSU's head coach will be short.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what you're not getting is how do they relate to a grown man whos a coach? they aren't trying to be coaches they want to be football players. Your CEOs are in your chain of command. Thats a different thing.

I'd also add that it was an apples to oranges comparison anyway. In dealing with CEO's you're talking about your career and a job you may have for many years.

In cfb, it's a place you're going to be for 3-4 years. I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of players, especially high level players, are far more interested in a coaches track record of placing players in the NFL than in his playlist or what movies he likes.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Bill Walton wasn't there passing that True Blue & Gold pipe around that @mcnabb7542 was talking about. :hippie:

Loved Bill Walton as a player. As a commentator though...dude makes my ears bleed. I literally turn off the sound if he's doing a game I want to watch.

If he had been there, UCLA would probably have gotten all of the votes from the reporters just to get him to shut the hell up.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also add that it was an apples to oranges comparison anyway. In dealing with CEO's you're talking about your career and a job you may have for many years.

In cfb, it's a place you're going to be for 3-4 years. I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of players, especially high level players, are far more interested in a coaches track record of placing players in the NFL than in his playlist or what movies he likes.

All you have to do is see Belichick in the NFL and Saban in college. Both the top coaches who you'd never want to hang out with. Petes cool , players love him but if he didn't win they would say yeah he's a cool guy but he's gotta go.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd be incorrect. Orgeron sisn't lose the job because he lost to ND and UCLA...he didn't get the job because he wasn't a coach who could make in game adjustments.
I know it's not thee source, but wiki seems to see it somewhat the way I do.

After receiving much praise for their upset win at home over highly ranked Stanford, the Trojans suffered a humiliating 35–14 defeat to cross-town-rivals UCLA—for the second year in a row—on November 30, 2013. This greatly threatened Orgeron's chances of winning the permanent head coach position.
Ed Orgeron - Wikipedia

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's not thee source, but wiki seems to see it somewhat the way I do.

It didn't greatly threaten his chances, it ended them. Like I said, there was already some doubt. That's why he didn't get the job when many fans were yelling for him to get it.

Getting outcoached by Mora ended his chances. Had he beaten both ND and UCLA, he would have been 8-0 and would have shown he can coach.

Had he lost 2 games other than ND and UCLA, he still wouldn't have gotten the job because his weaknesses still would have been exposed, just by different coaches.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of us (USC fans) loved Ed O but we also knew that he was a ra ra coach who got his players to play with emotion but he was lacking in the X's and O's. I would have liked to see him get that chance and hope he was smart enough to bring in some top assistants but theres also the chance he didn't think he needed that much help which is why he was probably passed over.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had he lost 2 games other than ND and UCLA, he still wouldn't have gotten the job because his weaknesses still would have been exposed, just by different coaches.
Yeah, I can't argue too much with that, the win over Stanford was an epic win, considering the circumstances at the time, so if he lost that game he could be forgiven.

I didn't want to reach too much in that scenario, so I kept it a 6-2.

The Stanford trade was easy, finding another team not named ND or UCLA was not as easy. So I picked Oregon State, (Not a bad choice) they did have a bowl year and they had just rolled off 6 straight before losing to No. 6 Stanford the week prior in a close one. So, it wasn't exactly a bad choice as the Beavs were 4-1 in conference going into that game, and SC was 2-2.