• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of us (USC fans) loved Ed O but we also knew that he was a ra ra coach who got his players to play with emotion but he was lacking in the X's and O's. I would have liked to see him get that chance and hope he was smart enough to bring in some top assistants but theres also the chance he didn't think he needed that much help which is why he was probably passed over.
He was a lot better than the guy he replaced, that much is true, and I think you are really discounting his abilities with the X & O's.

He did go 6-2 with LSU as interim as well so in his last 16 games, he is 12-4. You don't go 12-4 if you don't know what you are doing. He has grown a lot since his time at Ole Miss, and I wonder how he might have done if he got Lane to take the OC job like he intended, because he was good on the defensive side of the ball, but struggled a lot on the offensive side.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no more than you could prove Knight was buying players

First of all it was Oregon and the coaching staff ,and yeah just paying a recruiting service errrrrrrr street agent to get access to players . Well documented look it up. Meanwhile USC was having a player getting paid by outside people not affiliated with the coaches or school (you get that part?) to LEAVE early. That would be pretty much the opposite of paying to get access or a player to come or a player to stay.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I was just having some fun with Oly......

Trying to "loosen the mood" in here...
The off season is almost over. Why soften things up? Time to ratchet things up a notch or two. Put the gloves back on. Hit the bag a bit before things get going all full speed.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the ducks.

Fuck UCLA.

REALLY REALLY fuck USC and their retarded band.

Fuck Stanford.

Fuck WSU.

I'd say fuck Oregon State, ASU, and Zona, but the football gods have already done that for me.

Have I missed any teams of other regular posters? :noidea:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all it was Oregon and the coaching staff ,and yeah just paying a recruiting service errrrrrrr street agent to get access to players . Well documented look it up. Meanwhile USC was having a player getting paid by outside people not affiliated with the coaches or school (you get that part?) to LEAVE early. That would be pretty much the opposite of paying to get access or a player to come or a player to stay.
and I never said Kelly or Oregon didn't do that. which was pretty minor when you look at it. they paid more than others doing the same thing but still under the allowable limit. the "sanctions" handed down were light a couple scholarships per year and a show cause for a coach who was gone, and it was already half over by the time they issued it. no loss of games, no bowl ban. no big deal.
But his jab was an old man paying players. Kelly was no old man. so I assume he meant Knight. Knight has not paid players

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The off season is almost over. Why soften things up? Time to ratchet things up a notch or two. Put the gloves back on. Hit the bag a bit before things get going all full speed.

Because we have a whole month before the season starts and some folks can't handle the added stress on their hearts, ( @Vitamike sure as hell can't) LOL

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I never said Kelly or Oregon didn't do that. which was pretty minor when you look at it. they paid more than others doing the same thing but still under the allowable limit. the "sanctions" handed down were light a couple scholarships per year and a show cause for a coach who was gone, and it was already half over by the time they issued it. no loss of games, no bowl ban. no big deal.
But his jab was an old man paying players. Kelly was no old man. so I assume he meant Knight. Knight has not paid players

Well you're talking about stupid crappy dishonest and hypocritical way the NCAA rules on things. Minor because you didnt get penalized as much as a team who people were paying a player to leave the school. UNC had literally hundreds of athletes take fake courses to keep them eligible and where's their death sentence? They get less than USC who had one player that shouldnt have been eligible and the school was the one making the fake classes? Ohio State had a coach lie to them to keep players eligible but USC who was told Pete didn't know but "should have". Should have known gets slammed but knowingly lying to the NCAA for players gets you less ? LOL
So yeah Oregon didn't get slapped too hard but sorry If I feel that giving a shady guy money to get access to players and trying to play him off as a legit recruiting service isn't trying to cheat and cheat big.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no more than you could prove Knight was buying players

I didn't say he was. I made what was clearly a joke (a damn funny one, I might add), you got the chapped ass and made a claim you can't back up.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he was. I made what was clearly a joke (a damn funny one, I might add), you got the chapped ass and made a claim you can't back up.

1a3e192e9b143a8555be5493ca131b1c1438770263.gif

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We doing the pickem this year?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We doing the pickem this year?
Yes DayMan, it will be hosted on the tHoopla Pickem Machine by @SUBuddha & yours truly.

Thank God for Buddha (Damn that's a weird start to a sentence) as I am worn thin by the MLB pickem at this point and time!!

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes DayMan, it will be hosted on the tHoopla Pickem Machine by @SUBuddha & yours truly.

Thank God for Buddha (Damn that's a weird start to a sentence) as I am worn thin by the MLB pickem at this point and time!!

Rigged.

Everyone knows you can't trust a Bruin. :dhd:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I forgot about our fancy new pickem thing :L.

Thanks for keeping it going. (And Buddha)

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the ducks.

Fuck UCLA.

REALLY REALLY fuck USC and their retarded band.

Fuck Stanford.

Fuck WSU.

I'd say fuck Oregon State, ASU, and Zona, but the football gods have already done that for me.

Have I missed any teams of other regular posters? :noidea:

Fuck UW for claiming a piece of Miami's NC.