• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 175.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stoked about the change at OC
TROY TAYLOR is from the outside we have
Two great QB's coming back but I'll wait
Until after the 2nd game! To say anything
That hold water.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really hope they can pull out 8 or so wins, but with new coaches and a new culture coming in things can take a while to settle in. If they go 6-6 I for one won't be hitting the panic button.

OD, on the other hand, will be beating the shit out of the panic button and starting Fire Taggart, Hire Chip Kelly threads 2-3 times a day.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stoked about the change at OC
TROY TAYLOR is from the outside we have
Two great QB's coming back but I'll wait
Until after the 2nd game! To say anything
That hold water.
Your Utes got Bateman to transfer from Bama correct? What are your thoughts on the role he may play.Could be a great pick up if he plays imo

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The article is a little slanted. Budda Baker was good beginning his freshman year. But Vita didnt even play till 2015 and in 13 games he played he had 13 solo tackles and 4 assists. By comparison Cameron Smith who was a freshman in 2015 played in only 10 because he broke his leg had 45 tackles and 33 assists. Last year Vita broke his leg against USC but had 22 tackles and 17 assists up until then while Cameron Smith has 45 tackles and 38 assists.
Then theres Pettis. Who up until this last season had 2 TDs to his name while JuJu had 15 durring his first two years . Adoree in fact scored more on offense his first year than Pettis did up until his final season. So when you figure in damien Mama who started his freshman year and all that Adoree did starting his freshman year there's no doubt that USCs class that year was amazing just with those three. Re ranking them because some of the Washington players did good their JR year doesn't erase the fact that these USC players were doing it from day one.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

11. Oregon State

i
It was a large class and they haven’t been hit as hard by departures are some other schools, but outside of running back Ryan Nall (all-Pac-12 honorable mention) there's not much to show from it. Full class.

I'll buy that….

images.jpeg

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 175.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Utes got Bateman to transfer from Bama correct? What are your thoughts on the role he may play.Could be a great pick up if he plays imo
Yes Bateman enrolled but he will be a walk on
This will be his 5th year so he can play right away.
As for where he play the rumors im hearing out of
The office is he will play WR but he's going to get looked at with the QB's
As well. My look on him is he's 6-3 200+ I can honestly see him
Playing safety. IMO.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the PAC 12 website, 12 games to watch this next season

Sept. 2 - California at North Carolina

There's a new leader in Berkeley with the hiring of Justin Wilcox as the Golden Bears' new head coach, and a cross-country trip to a tough ACC foe is what greets him to start his California career.

Sept. 2 - Western Michigan at USC

The Rose Bowl champions, who will be led by youthful and talented quarterback Sam Darnold, open the season at the Coliseum with some #MACtion as the Broncos - they of the perfect 13-0 regular season in 2016 - invade SoCal for a must-watch September dandy.

Sept. 2 - Texas A&M at UCLA

Last season, these two teams played a barnburner of an overtime game in College Station that went the Aggies way. The rematch comes to the Rose Bowl to start the season with an SEC/Pac-12 bang.

Sept. 9 - Nebraska at Oregon

Willie Taggart begins his tenure in Eugene a week earlier, but his first true test comes in Week 2, when the Cornhuskers visit Autzen for the second-half of a high-powered home-and-home between these Pac-12 and Big Ten foes.

Sept. 9 - Stanford at USC

The Cardinal has taken the last three in this series between Northern and Southern California foes, including Nerd Nation's 2015 Pac-12 Football Championship Game victory. But each game in this series carries a ton of intrigue; six of their last eight meetings have been decided by 10 points or fewer. It's a classic Pac-12 conference schedule opener.

Sept. 16 - Texas at USC

These two squads haven't met on the gridiron since their illustrious National Championship battle. Their 2017 match-up is Texas' first visit to Troy since 1967 (which USC won 17-13 under the legendary John McKay) and will create a very early challenge for the Longhorns' new bench boss, Tom Herman.

Sept. 23 - Washington at Colorado

This one feels familiar, yes? The last we saw the Buffs and Dawgs on one field, the Huskies were cinching up a Pac-12 championship and a spot in the College Football Playoff. Washington should be back in a big way in 2017, and an early-season rematch with the ascending Buffaloes will provide some early-season intrigue.

Oct. 7 - Washington State at Oregon

You can throw out the record books lately when these two teams battle, a series in which the Cougars have taken the last two meetings. The forecast? Raining points. The last six meetings between the Cougars and Ducks have seen combined point totals of 71, 77, 100, 69, 83 and 89.

Oct. 14 - Utah at USC

They haven't been conference rivals for long, but each of their six meetings since Utah joined the Pac-12 have been intriguing. Last year's #Pac12AfterDark thriller in Salt Lake City made national waves, and USC will be looking for payback on their home turf after Utah's 2016 last-second win.

Nov. 4 - Oregon at Washington

Ducks fans probably don't want to remember last season's game at Autzen, where the Huskies dropped a 70-burger en route to breaking a 12-game losing streak to their rivals to the south. It'll be Willie Taggart's first crack at Washington and Chris Petersen's chance to start a streak of Washington's own.

Nov. 10 - Washington at Stanford

Last season, this battle of Pac-12 North giants went decisively toward the Huskies in a game that began catapulting them toward the division title. 2017 promises to be another titanic showdown between these two.

Dec. 1 or 2 - Pac-12 Football Championship Game

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the PAC 12 website, 12 games to watch this next season

Sept. 2 - California at North Carolina

There's a new leader in Berkeley with the hiring of Justin Wilcox as the Golden Bears' new head coach, and a cross-country trip to a tough ACC foe is what greets him to start his California career.

Sept. 2 - Western Michigan at USC

The Rose Bowl champions, who will be led by youthful and talented quarterback Sam Darnold, open the season at the Coliseum with some #MACtion as the Broncos - they of the perfect 13-0 regular season in 2016 - invade SoCal for a must-watch September dandy.

Sept. 2 - Texas A&M at UCLA

Last season, these two teams played a barnburner of an overtime game in College Station that went the Aggies way. The rematch comes to the Rose Bowl to start the season with an SEC/Pac-12 bang.

Sept. 9 - Nebraska at Oregon

Willie Taggart begins his tenure in Eugene a week earlier, but his first true test comes in Week 2, when the Cornhuskers visit Autzen for the second-half of a high-powered home-and-home between these Pac-12 and Big Ten foes.

Sept. 9 - Stanford at USC

The Cardinal has taken the last three in this series between Northern and Southern California foes, including Nerd Nation's 2015 Pac-12 Football Championship Game victory. But each game in this series carries a ton of intrigue; six of their last eight meetings have been decided by 10 points or fewer. It's a classic Pac-12 conference schedule opener.

Sept. 16 - Texas at USC

These two squads haven't met on the gridiron since their illustrious National Championship battle. Their 2017 match-up is Texas' first visit to Troy since 1967 (which USC won 17-13 under the legendary John McKay) and will create a very early challenge for the Longhorns' new bench boss, Tom Herman.

Sept. 23 - Washington at Colorado

This one feels familiar, yes? The last we saw the Buffs and Dawgs on one field, the Huskies were cinching up a Pac-12 championship and a spot in the College Football Playoff. Washington should be back in a big way in 2017, and an early-season rematch with the ascending Buffaloes will provide some early-season intrigue.

Oct. 7 - Washington State at Oregon

You can throw out the record books lately when these two teams battle, a series in which the Cougars have taken the last two meetings. The forecast? Raining points. The last six meetings between the Cougars and Ducks have seen combined point totals of 71, 77, 100, 69, 83 and 89.

Oct. 14 - Utah at USC

They haven't been conference rivals for long, but each of their six meetings since Utah joined the Pac-12 have been intriguing. Last year's #Pac12AfterDark thriller in Salt Lake City made national waves, and USC will be looking for payback on their home turf after Utah's 2016 last-second win.

Nov. 4 - Oregon at Washington

Ducks fans probably don't want to remember last season's game at Autzen, where the Huskies dropped a 70-burger en route to breaking a 12-game losing streak to their rivals to the south. It'll be Willie Taggart's first crack at Washington and Chris Petersen's chance to start a streak of Washington's own.

Nov. 10 - Washington at Stanford

Last season, this battle of Pac-12 North giants went decisively toward the Huskies in a game that began catapulting them toward the division title. 2017 promises to be another titanic showdown between these two.

Dec. 1 or 2 - Pac-12 Football Championship Game

Pac 12 setting the table for a possible winner to the title game???

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod: ......

And the winner of the Cards vs Dawgs could possibly face SC or dare i say it........ the buffs.....

Well, I would say that Colorado and Utah are teams that if everything falls in place and they have no significant injuries they could give USC a run for the money . And if Darnold goes down that would open the door big time. But barring that I don't see it ,because USC is building some serious depth and teams like Colorado and Utah don't have that depth. It's like when Washington and USC played Alabama. The Tide just has too many bodies and they are bigger and stronger especially when they get into the two deep. The Huskys have Stanford to beat out which is a bigger threat than what USC has even though USC does play Stanford, they aren't in their division so a loss to them isnt as bad as if the Huskies lose to them.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I would say that Colorado and Utah are teams that if everything falls in place and they have no significant injuries they could give USC a run for the money . And if Darnold goes down that would open the door big time. But barring that I don't see it ,because USC is building some serious depth and teams like Colorado and Utah don't have that depth. It's like when Washington and USC played Alabama. The Tide just has too many bodies and they are bigger and stronger especially when they get into the two deep. The Huskys have Stanford to beat out which is a bigger threat than what USC has even though USC does play Stanford, they aren't in their division so a loss to them isnt as bad as if the Huskies lose to them.
you do realize this is college football and the Pac 12 right? even in their best years under Pete USC would drop games to teams like Oregon State

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogus list, Stanford/UW is bigger than the Apple Cup. Stanford and Oregon are fighting for 3rd and 4th in the North this year.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do realize this is college football and the Pac 12 right? even in their best years under Pete USC would drop games to teams like Oregon State

You do realize you're asking a USC fan that right? lol. Of course they can drop one they shouldn't. If anyone knows that it's us USC fans. But that doesn't mean we (or I) don't think they should win the south and get to the CCG.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be interesting The Buffs and Utes both play Washington next season. I believe the Utes also play Stanford. And SC,Colorado and the Utes play Wazzu.And that does count toward division standings.As well as the Standings in the North. See how it goes should be a fun year for the PAC. First things first spring camps and depth charts.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prediction is Darnold tears something in his knee in spring ball.