• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And QB's from San Clemente.

Apparently, Sears is another Darnold.

Yeah, I read an article that says he's just like him but more mobile. That's pretty cool since they list him as a top five pro style passer. If he's rated that high as a pro type passer but he's more mobile than Darnold we might have something there.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And QB's from San Clemente.

Apparently, Sears is another Darnold.
Watching his tape they look very similar. The Five star verbal they have in next years class. Matt Corral also looks to be in that Darnold mold.

Composites rankings are updated looks like SC finished with the 5th rated class this year. Strong finish by Helton and the SC staff.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there you go. USC cares and puts in the effort.

I think Mora is out soon. He was in freaking Utah hitting the slopes this past weekend when the last batch of recruits were visiting UCLAs campus. That's Ty "I do my best recruiting on the golf course" Willingham shit right there.

But it's also on the UCLA AD as well. Go get yourself a coach who truly gives a shit 24/7, instead of always blaming everyone else but himself, acts like a dick in press conferences, and at least do a better job of not letting USC horde most of the regions talent. Mora is failing in that dept and seems to be only helping USCs cause.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mora is out soon. He was in freaking Utah hitting the slopes this past weekend when the last batch of recruits were visiting UCLAs campus. That's Ty "I do my best recruiting on the golf course" Willingham shit right there.

But it's also on the UCLA AD as well. Go get yourself a coach who truly gives a shit 24/7, instead of always blaming everyone else but himself, acts like a dick in press conferences, and at least do a better job of not letting USC horde most of the regions talent. Mora is failing in that dept and seems to be only helping USCs cause.

He's a mess. I hope they keep him a long time. Just look at his picture and you know he's a jerk.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just confused about this 4 star recruit we stole from Nebraska..scout talks like he is great, he played in the all American game but he goes from Oregon State to Nebraska to us...how good can this kid be if he played flip flop between nobody schools? Couldn't have at least tossed in UCLA or something?

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 175.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC fans Utah signed the #1 DL in Utah it wasn't Tufele it was John Penisini.
6 foot 2 307 . Granted Tufele is a 5* but Utah found the better player at DL
there are a lot of pissed people here in Utah that he left for USC me im not,
we'll be ok our Defense is always the top in the league any how so it is what it is.
I just want the season to start.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC fans Utah signed the #1 DL in Utah it wasn't Tufele it was John Penisini.
6 foot 2 307 . Granted Tufele is a 5* but Utah found the better player at DL
there are a lot of pissed people here in Utah that he left for USC me im not,
we'll be ok our Defense is always the top in the league any how so it is what it is.
I just want the season to start.

With a last name Penisini its a good thing he's that big.

RoyUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 71,368.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah put together a nice class this year. You recruited better out of Cali then in past classes and smartly recruiting out of a Hawaii as well. That's been a dig about Willingham, but he seems to be improving there. Some nice pieces. Lots of work will be needed to develop them, but that's what those coaches on his staff are there for.

It's Whittingham. There's not a huge need to recruit Hawaii hard, there's a large Poly population in Utah. If they could lock that down better they would be fine.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right recruiting is in the bank so lets see your too early predictions for next season?

And yes SC fan's we all know your going to win the whole next year.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right recruiting is in the bank so lets see your too early predictions for next season?

The team should be better. The defense should be at least a little better. But most of the optimism is because Darnold is quite a talent. I remember going to a few games against Andrew Luck and he scared the shit out of me and every other fan because he could sit back and Pick you apart or he could take off if he didn't have anything. The ability to extend plays and drives where most teams would go three and out is a great thing to have in a QB. The schedule looks more manageable then last year. No Bama to start ,they get a winnable opening game before they have to face Stanford and they don't play Washington who should be the main competition. Hopefully no hickups against a team they should beat. Few teams go undefeated so it's possible and probable they will drop one at least. Hopefully a showdown with the winner in the north in the CCG.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll get back to you on that after spring ball.

Ducks have a whole new staff. So does Cal. Need to see who emerges as Stanfords QB given their weakness there last year and need to see who is going to carry the load after McCaffrey left. Leach has to find the playmakers Falk is going to throw to and you have to gauge where that defense is at. UW needs to solidify a secondary and make some decisions at WR/TE. Beavers showed some signs of life, but can they build on that?

And that's just the north.

Utah needs help at QB. Badly. UCLA always looks awesome in spring before injuries blow them up so how do you rank them before they even get to their inevitable spring injuries? Colorado has so much turnover and now a new DC when defense was their strength before. At least give them through spring to see if they have anything going on that side of the ball. Forks had an ok recruiting class and always have a tough defense, but lets see what they look like health and offensive production wise coming out of spring.

Easy to pick USC from the south right now and everyone will have them as a favorite, but by how much can't be determined until some of those other questions are answered.

If (and it's a mighty if) Stanford can solve their QB/RB questions they will be the key threat to UW in the north, but with most of UW's questions being that inevitably young secondary they still will match up well against Stanford's run game, or at least they should barring injury. Still you could beat Stanford and still lose the north to them because solving those issues would make them a danger for a 1 or 2 loss run through the conference.

I guess on paper I'd have the ducks 3rd in the north? If not them, then WSU? :noidea: Of course the cougs have to actually beat a FCS team to stay up that high so I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it.

I'm most curious to see what Wilcox has for a team coming out of spring. Whether or not anyone thinks he's a next level HC I doubt he has the talent depth to emerge this season, but let's see what their spring looks like.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The whole what?

I can see us winning the PAC and possibly making the playoff, but I'm doubtful about the NC and even winning the PAC isn't a sure thing. We lost quite a bit and while the recruiting class looks great, how many of these kids will be able to contribute right away?

As Wiz points out, there are a lot of questions to answer and I think we'll know a little more after spring practice. As socaljim points out, the schedule seems more manageable, so that should help. Going into the season with the quarterback situation already settled will be helpful as well.

If we can beat the Trees, there's a good chance we could be unbeaten going into back to back games vs. Utah and @Notre Dame.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually pumped about next year'offense. We only lost Marks and Cracraft but we still have Martin, Priester is back with team then this all American. So we have 3 bonefide outside receivers, just need growth from our slot guys. Hopefully Leach continues to evolve with our running back trio and we find a safety to replace Luani..should be another season fighting for second in the North.