• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude . Nothing fify about it .The teams played each other two weeks ago at Washington. lol. Remember "no way USC goes to Washington and beat the Huskys at home with that crowd"? Whats happened? is USC now less better than they were two weeks ago?
I know washinton is ranked higher and won the PAC. But USC is the better team right now. Ohio state is going to the playoffs and didnt win their conference. USC was doomed by how much they sucked at the beginning of the season but they are the best team in the PAC right now.
And nothing subjective about how USC beat UW two weeks ago.

I'm not going to get into a "would've, could've BSing game"
Two assholes will never see eye to eye on this ......

:suds:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to get into a "would've, could've BSing game"
Two assholes will never see eye to eye on this ......

There's no would've could've. We saw it two weeks ago. lol
Represent the conference Huskys.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude . Nothing fify about it .The teams played each other two weeks ago at Washington. lol. Remember "no way USC goes to Washington and beat the Huskys at home with that crowd"? Whats happened? is USC now less better than they were two weeks ago?
I know washinton is ranked higher and won the PAC. But USC is the better team right now. Ohio state is going to the playoffs and didnt win their conference. USC was doomed by how much they sucked at the beginning of the season but they are the best team in the PAC right now.
And nothing subjective about how USC beat UW two weeks ago. Washington has been great all year and will be rewarded with a playoff spot hopefully. I want then to go .
So in your world no team would ever beat another they lost to the prior week in football. :L

It was 3 games ago not last week and the guy that got exposed when Victor went out injured has bounced back and is taking on his role quite well now. Yes, I would bet on UW to win the rematch right now today. So no, USC is not the better team right now today. It is clearly not a fact.

Go tell NFL teams they no longer have to play their second games against division rivals because once that first game is over there is no chance the second one comes out differently. :lol:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in your world no team would ever beat another they lost to the prior week in football. :L

It was 3 games ago not last week and the guy that got exposed when Victor went out injured has bounced back and is taking on his role quite well now. Yes, I would bet on UW to win the rematch right now today. So no, USC is not the better team right now today. It is clearly not a fact.

Go tell NFL teams they no longer have to play their second games against division rivals because once that first game is over there is no chance the second one comes out differently. :lol:

I'm sure you think your team is better that Colorado. I think USC is better than Notre dame. Was Washington not trying?
Washington has had a much better season than any team in the pac and are clearly better than the overall majority. If they play Colorado again ten times I imagine Coloroado could win a couple but its clear Washington is just better overall. If USC and Washington played ten times it could be 6-4 USC or 5-5 but I don't see what you think Washington can do that will be such a difference. They just played at washinton , they were undeafeated and had no excuse to overlook USC and lost. So since nothings changed right now USC is the better team.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey SC fans should be walking around thumping their chest's it was a pretty damn good turn around...

But anyways....

How many Pac teams get Bowl invites?????

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@socaljim242 USC dropped two to Utah & Stanford.... then won by 4 at home vs. Colorado. Congrats but no sympathy. :suds:

I know that. They wont go to a big bowl because of those games. I'm just saying right now it's a much btter team. I have no problem with Colorado being awarded the Rose Bowl and Washington going to the playoffs they both earned it.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey SC fans should be walking around thumping their chest's it was a pretty damn good turn around...

But anyways....

More than the SEC lol.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the SEC will have 11 teams going to bowl games, or at least have that many at 6 or more wins.

By only playing 8 league games and scheduling all the garbage teams they do out of conference they guarantee having the most teams in bowls. Most of their crappy teams only have to find a way to win 2 conference games to be bowl eligible. As pathetic as that is.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the SEC will have 11 teams going to bowl games, or at least have that many at 6 or more wins.

By only playing 8 league games and scheduling all the garbage teams they do out of conference they guarantee having the most teams in bowls. Most of their crappy teams only have to find a way to win 2 conference games to be bowl eligible. As pathetic as that is.

I forgot about their three win guarantee cupcake scheduling. Once Alabama beats Florida in the CCG the SEC will have only one team ranked.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about their three win guarantee cupcake scheduling. Once Alabama beats Florida in the CCG the SEC will have only one team ranked.
B1G has 10 bowl eligible as well and I think the ACC has 11. The Pac and Big12 are sitting on 6 each.

And the Pac has two 5-7 teams in Cal and ASU, neither of which would excite anyone for making a bowl. I'd give a slight edge to Cal if I had to choose one or the other. Oly follows this crap a lot more than we do. I'm not sure if we still have 7 tie ins or not depending on whether or not UW makes a playoff game.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G has 10 bowl eligible as well and I think the ACC has 11. The Pac and Big12 are sitting on 6 each.

And the Pac has two 5-7 teams in Cal and ASU, neither of which would excite anyone for making a bowl. I'd give a slight edge to Cal if I had to choose one or the other. Oly follows this crap a lot more than we do. I'm not sure if we still have 7 tie ins or not depending on whether or not UW makes a playoff game.

I heard something about USC possibly being invited to the Cotton bowl. I didnt think that was possible.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard something about USC possibly being invited to the Cotton bowl. I didnt think that was possible.
it would be dependent on Colorado winning the conference. Colorado is unlikely to see playoff so they would go to Rose. UW would fall behind USC moving them up also having Big 10 runner up fall behind them pushes USC even higher. due to tie ins Cotton is really the only bowl with an at large and it could go to USC to play the highest ranked group of 5 champion (Western Michigan at this point)

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAN FRANCISCO — Quarterback Jake Browning of WASHINGTON has been named Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year, defensive back Adoree’ Jackson of USC the Pat Tillman Defensive Player of the Year and Mike MacIntyre of COLORADO the Pac-12 Coach of the Year. In addition, quarterback Sam Darnold of USC has been named the Pac-12 Offensive Freshman of the Year and Washington defensive back Taylor Rapp the Pac-12 Defensive Freshman of the Year.

By School: WASHINGTON placed the most players on the first team with nine selections. USC is next with four, although Adoree’ Jackson accounts for two spots as a DB and RS, followed by UCLA and UTAH with three selections each ... Pac-12 South Division champion COLORADO placed two on first team. It had just one first team selection in the previous five years (WR Paul Richardson, 2013). STANFORD and WASHINGTON STATE each had two first team selections, while ARIZONA STATE had one.

Full list of 1st, 2nd, and honorable mentions at:

Pac-12 Football Awards And All-Conference Team Announced

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im starting to think Oregon will keep Helfrich another year.
the way this has played out has been weird.
the buyout on Helfrich alone is 11.6 mil. for the whole staff it is 16 mil.
then if Oregon hires a coach currently employed their is often a buy out that the new school pays. depending on who it is and where they are from and if Oregon would be responsible for assistant buyouts as well that could add another 3-5 mil for a small school coach like Fleck or Frost and 5-10 mil for a bigger school coach like Fedora or Franklin (all names that have been floated)
then you have to do a new deal with the new coach. that's like 3-2 mil annual (Helf is getting 3.3mil) unless they somehow reel in a big fish then its more.
and then pay all the new assistants too.

if Oregon goes under .500 again his buy out drops in half I think it was.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im starting to think Oregon will keep Helfrich another year.
the way this has played out has been weird.
the buyout on Helfrich alone is 11.6 mil. for the whole staff it is 16 mil.
then if Oregon hires a coach currently employed their is often a buy out that the new school pays. depending on who it is and where they are from and if Oregon would be responsible for assistant buyouts as well that could add another 3-5 mil for a small school coach like Fleck or Frost and 5-10 mil for a bigger school coach like Fedora or Franklin (all names that have been floated)
then you have to do a new deal with the new coach. that's like 3-2 mil annual (Helf is getting 3.3mil) unless they somehow reel in a big fish then its more.
and then pay all the new assistants too.

if Oregon goes under .500 again his buy out drops in half I think it was.

He is staying for one more year, they will give him a year to turn things around, and why not? Dude took us to the NC two years ago...But also, you have to think IF they were going to fire him they already had that in their minds weeks maybe even months ago and they would have fired him Sunday evening (publically).....After the banquet and before Mullens left for Dallas.

Also for the reasons you stated for the buyouts.

Terrible year, but next year is make or break...I wouldn't be surprised if the meeting tonight or tomorrow between Helfrich and Mullens is Mullens putting some serious pressure on Helf to succeeed next year and in hopes that if next year is bad, Helfrich resigns due to the high expectations and they don't have to pay his buyout.

However, IF they are going to fire him, Mullens must go because this has been so poorly handled its ridiculous. Our coaches cant even recruit right now because of this.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But anyways....

All the ones that are eligible, none of the ones that aren't.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any rumblings at UCLA about Mora losing his job? Bruins traditionally underachieve, but I feel the last two years has been a disaster and I feel Mora has been firing assistants on an annual basis.

I haven't heard a peep that UCLA is looking to change directions and I am shocked.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any rumblings at UCLA about Mora losing his job? Bruins traditionally underachieve, but I feel the last two years has been a disaster and I feel Mora has been firing assistants on an annual basis.

I haven't heard a peep that UCLA is looking to change directions and I am shocked.

Injuries are gonna be the excuse for this season, and of course early draft entries last year...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are gonna be the excuse for this season, and of course early draft entries last year...
Seems UCLA gets a ton of early draft guys every year, which would make one to believe they have a ton of talent which should result in wins on the field...