• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems UCLA gets a ton of early draft guys every year, which would make one to believe they have a ton of talent which should result in wins on the field...

Yep.... But this year was the year of the injury for them...
Plus there running game, they don't have running backs talked about in years past

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is staying for one more year, they will give him a year to turn things around, and why not? Dude took us to the NC two years ago...But also, you have to think IF they were going to fire him they already had that in their minds weeks maybe even months ago and they would have fired him Sunday evening (publically).....After the banquet and before Mullens left for Dallas.

Also for the reasons you stated for the buyouts.

Terrible year, but next year is make or break...I wouldn't be surprised if the meeting tonight or tomorrow between Helfrich and Mullens is Mullens putting some serious pressure on Helf to succeeed next year and in hopes that if next year is bad, Helfrich resigns due to the high expectations and they don't have to pay his buyout.

However, IF they are going to fire him, Mullens must go because this has been so poorly handled its ridiculous. Our coaches cant even recruit right now because of this.
Wait... so, Chip's not coming back?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any rumblings at UCLA about Mora losing his job? Bruins traditionally underachieve, but I feel the last two years has been a disaster and I feel Mora has been firing assistants on an annual basis.

I haven't heard a peep that UCLA is looking to change directions and I am shocked.

First you have to realize they dont care about football as much as you think the should.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im starting to think Oregon will keep Helfrich another year.
the way this has played out has been weird.
the buyout on Helfrich alone is 11.6 mil. for the whole staff it is 16 mil.
then if Oregon hires a coach currently employed their is often a buy out that the new school pays. depending on who it is and where they are from and if Oregon would be responsible for assistant buyouts as well that could add another 3-5 mil for a small school coach like Fleck or Frost and 5-10 mil for a bigger school coach like Fedora or Franklin (all names that have been floated)
then you have to do a new deal with the new coach. that's like 3-2 mil annual (Helf is getting 3.3mil) unless they somehow reel in a big fish then its more.
and then pay all the new assistants too.

if Oregon goes under .500 again his buy out drops in half I think it was.
But wait, I thought Urban Meyer was a lock to be headed to Eugene? :noidea: I mean everyone that knight talks to is headed that way aren't they? Thought he had deep pockets and was old and near death and wanted to buy a championship at all costs?

Seriously though, you have your QB now. Something HAS to be done with that defense and I don't mean just suck less. No reason they can't have some bounce back if they do something about that putrid defense. They are really going to need it. Keep in mind there were only two teams in the North that had returning QB's this season and now all of the teams have some experience/depth there. Of course neither of our teams will be playing Utah or USC next year so there's that.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wait, I thought Urban Meyer was a lock to be headed to Eugene? :noidea: I mean everyone that knight talks to is headed that way aren't they? Thought he had deep pockets and was old and near death and wanted to buy a championship at all costs?

Seriously though, you have your QB now. Something HAS to be done with that defense and I don't mean just suck less. No reason they can't have some bounce back if they do something about that putrid defense. They are really going to need it. Keep in mind there were only two teams in the North that had returning QB's this season and now all of the teams have some experience/depth there. Of course neither of our teams will be playing Utah or USC next year so there's that.

:nono: Um excuse me, but if SC can get there shit together at the beginning of next season then yes they would play "our team" as the Dawgs defend their PAC12 title!

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

people put too much on where Knight is and forget he is a college football fan. he went to Alabama vs LSU a couple years ago and now going to Michigan vs Ohio State and people make a big thing. sorry but even as an Oregon fan if I had the money and private jet I would probably go see #2 vs #3 any day of the week too.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One team NO one thought was going to win their division, and one most didn't think would are facing off for the right to either go to the Rose Bowl or possibly the playoffs if UW wins and the committee is amused enough.

Hell of a year in the Pac.

:suds:
Yes a great year in the PAC!!!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW #4 in the CFP rankings.

BOOM

Win and you're in.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono: Um excuse me, but if SC can get there shit together at the beginning of next season then yes they would play "our team" as the Dawgs defend their PAC12 title!
That would be great, USC and Washington playing for the PAC 12 title next year.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, Colorado #8, USC #11, Stanford #18, Utah #20 and that rounds out the Pac's participation in the CFBPlayoffs rankings.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
s9bPVaK.gif

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So those are released. Rob Mullens should be free now, no?

Lets get shit going.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC wont drop anymore but Colorado can.
That was the point. How far would colorado drop if UW wins. 3 is substantial, but not unheard of.

I guess USC has hopes UW blows the buffs out. It's Oklahoma and Oklahoma State sandwiched in between so one of those will drop below USC after their game. That means it would really be a 2 spot drop.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh ohhh.....
Either he already knows Helfrich is out this weekend or some / all of the defensive coaches who recruited him are warming up their resumes cause some will possibly be getting the ax.

--The first domino to fall in Oregon's 2016 recruiting class has now officially fallen.

Oregon's top commit, Deommodore Lenoir has announced he has decommitted from the Oregon Ducks, a program he committed to in June, and will now be open to other schools.

Lenoir has long been considered to be one of the strongest commits in this class and a key player in keeping this entire recruiting class intact. Lenoir is close friends with four-star cornerback commit Jaylon Redd Oregon's second-highest rated recruit. He is also high school teammates of three-star athlete Nick Pickett, another player currently committed to the Ducks.

Four-star athlete/linebacker Rahyme Johnson, a player heavily considering the Ducks is also a high school teammate of Lenoir's.

Redd and Pickett committed to Oregon in large part knowing Lenoir was going to be at Oregon.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, been warning about this all season. Can't have stability questions if you want to keep your class together and recruiting is literally everything in college football. These kinds of things can turn one bad season into a downward spiral with long term consequences.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Helfrich is out. 11.6 mil in his pocket. he could take some time off. MWC school like Utah State could come calling. or maybe Fresno with Tedford needs a QB coach or OC.