• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The great Dallas Cowboy CB Mel Renfro….

"I had 100 percent committed, not verbally but in my mind, to go to Oregon State," Renfro said. "Two weeks before I was supposed to go my dad just sat me down and said, 'You're going to Oregon.' Of course later on in years that some of the Oregon coaches had showed up at my house and (track coach) Bill Bowerman had showed up at my house. I didn't know that.

"After that happened, my dad showed up with a new car (1957 Chevy). People asked me if that had been a part of it. I had no inkling until people asked me about it. That's long, long gone. It may have been. It may not have been. I ended up at Oregon."

Renfro said in today's recruiting world, a new car and his flip flop would have raised eyebrows.

"It would be a problem today, absolutely. At the time, I had no idea. I just thought my dad bought a new car and that was that."

oh those pesky quackerz!

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The great Dallas Cowboy CB Mel Renfro….

"I had 100 percent committed, not verbally but in my mind, to go to Oregon State," Renfro said. "Two weeks before I was supposed to go my dad just sat me down and said, 'You're going to Oregon.' Of course later on in years that some of the Oregon coaches had showed up at my house and (track coach) Bill Bowerman had showed up at my house. I didn't know that.

"After that happened, my dad showed up with a new car (1957 Chevy). People asked me if that had been a part of it. I had no inkling until people asked me about it. That's long, long gone. It may have been. It may not have been. I ended up at Oregon."

Renfro said in today's recruiting world, a new car and his flip flop would have raised eyebrows.

"It would be a problem today, absolutely. At the time, I had no idea. I just thought my dad bought a new car and that was that."

oh those pesky quackerz!
Damn... they were buying player way back then? Why the hell did they always suck so bad?

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange how there is never any good news reported in the headlines that took place outside a bar "early Sunday morning".... Maybe if you're a 21 year old athlete with a promising career you should learn to avoid those places.

I think these two players are safe...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 405.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think these two players are safe...
Yeah, their impact on this game would be in the .001% range...whatever

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,955.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo.gif

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final PAC power rankings. Last week it was Colorado then USC then Washington. Now its Washington then Colorado then USC . What a load of crap. lol. USC is the strongest team in the PAC right now and would be favored over any PAC team on a neutral field.

PAC 12 Power Rankings: Rivalry week wreaks havoc

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are these Power Rankings for the entire season or right now?

they got updated every week after the games. this is the final one. I understand Washington is the PAC champ and Colorado won the south but in power rankings they should both be behind USC. USC jumped Washington when they beat them just the other week. I know its just someones opinion I'm not all hurt but in my opinon USC is the top team in the PAC as of this moment.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but its true. If you didn't beat them at home then you weren't as good as they were that week.
fify

Seriously, you have no idea what would happen between the two teams right now this week.
What we do know is Washington finished 11-1 and is still fighting for a chance at making the playoff while USC is sitting home and watching the outcome which will determine where they place in the bowl pecking order.

Power rankings are as subjective as the polls are. And way less meaningful given no weight is placed on them for selecting bowl placements.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fify

Seriously, you have no idea what would happen between the two teams right now this week.
What we do know is Washington finished 11-1 and is still fighting for a chance at making the playoff while USC is sitting home and watching the outcome which will determine where they place in the bowl pecking order.

Power rankings are as subjective as the polls are. And way less meaningful given no weight is placed on them for selecting bowl placements.

Dude . Nothing fify about it .The teams played each other two weeks ago at Washington. lol. Remember "no way USC goes to Washington and beat the Huskys at home with that crowd"? Whats happened? is USC now less better than they were two weeks ago?
I know washinton is ranked higher and won the PAC. But USC is the better team right now. Ohio state is going to the playoffs and didnt win their conference. USC was doomed by how much they sucked at the beginning of the season but they are the best team in the PAC right now.
And nothing subjective about how USC beat UW two weeks ago. Washington has been great all year and will be rewarded with a playoff spot hopefully. I want then to go .