• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its because people want what they know. they see WSU, Washington, Utah and Colorado on top and it makes them think the conference is down. it was the same when USC was winning the conference over and over because no 1 team contended yearly. but there was always at least 1 other team right there with them.
No, it's that half your conference beating up the other half doesn't mean much. No Pac team has any strong wins outside of the conference. That's why it is perceived as down. They will have a chance to change that perception in bowl season.
He gave Pellum 2 seasons to ruin the defense why not give Hoke 2 to try and fix it?
Because it's not getting any better, or at least doesn't look like it from the outside. It didn't take Wilcox long to fix UW's shitty D under Holt.

There has to be some sign that progress is being made doesn't there?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady Hoke hasn't been a DC since the 80's when he was coaching high school football.

Thats what i told OLY at the beginning of the season. Oly said yeah but he only has to make the defense a little better. lol

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what i told OLY at the beginning of the season. Oly said yeah but he only has to make the defense a little better. lol
I wasn't wrong, he just didn't do it. 80th defense instead of 125 probably wins those 3 games they lost by 3

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also to point out Cal is statistically worse in total D, Run D, and scoring D

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't wrong, he just didn't do it. 80th defense instead of 125 probably wins those 3 games they lost by 3

Well you thought he could. Thats why I asked how you could think that when he's never been a DC in college. And you can't say you win those games . You really don't know.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also to point out Cal is statistically worse in total D, Run D, and scoring D

Does that make you feel better? lol. Some how I doubt it. Hiring Hoke was just a bad idea.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas seems to like the PAC. They have four teams in the top 15 of power rankings.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying no one is talking about it.

I guess because no one had expectations of Cal being a good team. Their new transfer QB was supposed to help the loss of Goff but I don't think anyone thought they would be really good. If Oregon would have been right behind Washington at this point in the season no one would have been that surprised. Different expectations.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to say whether the Pac 12 is up down. Generally we are always by far the best conference, sorry SEC, with only usually having one gimme conference game. But this year, the best team, Washington, didn't play anybody. UCLA was the 2nd best coming into the year and they barely lost to A&M. Just about every other OOC game were teams breaking in new quarterbacks. Forget about us, we have two quality OOC losses since we lost by 3 points to a top 20 team and you all know my feelings on the Eastern game.

By the way, how far has Texas fallen that when talking about the conference OOC schedule noone even mentions them.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't even have to wait for Saturday to see who the next top 10 team was to fall. Looks like everyone just moved up a rung without even playing a game. Or at least 3 or 4 will.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA could have helped by beating A&M early in the year.
Actually, UCLA had most of their success OOC, sure winning in OT vs losing in OT is a big difference but they still beat 2 of 3 FBS teams, and took the other (Who has been ranked as high as No. 4 in the Country) to OT.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coulda won and close don't help the conference look better mike. Frankly I don't care what the perception of the Pac is. UW killed themselves by gambling on Rutgers when they made H&H series back when they were 9-3 and it hurt them quite a bit. Just play anyone with a pulse and it wouldn't matter what the rest of the conference did in their OOC.

There are very few scenarios where any team in the Pac goes 13-0 and doesn't have a seat at the playoff table. Bad OOC or not. It would take the perfect storm.

So this conference rah rah shit is entirely about how good you look with one or more losses. That matters far more than what dickheads on a forum think about your overall conference. And right now there is a slim chance that a UW team that won out doesn't get in. It would require Ohio State to beat Mich and wisky to blow up Penn State in their championship and even then it's at best 50/50 they don't take UW. And that's with all of the crap sandwiches in OOC for the entire conference.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coulda won and close don't help the conference look better mike. Frankly I don't care what the perception of the Pac is. UW killed themselves by gambling on Rutgers when they made H&H series back when they were 9-3 and it hurt them quite a bit. Just play anyone with a pulse and it wouldn't matter what the rest of the conference did in their OOC.

There are very few scenarios where any team in the Pac goes 13-0 and doesn't have a seat at the playoff table. Bad OOC or not. It would take the perfect storm.

So this conference rah rah shit is entirely about how good you look with one or more losses. That matters far more than what dickheads on a forum think about your overall conference. And right now there is a slim chance that a UW team that won out doesn't get in. It would require Ohio State to beat Mich and wisky to blow up Penn State in their championship and even then it's at best 50/50 they don't take UW. And that's with all of the crap sandwiches in OOC for the entire conference.

Yeah, you win out you're most likely in but it's hard to win out . So like it or not ,other factors come in. Theres a reason Michigan can lose a game and not drop, why Ohio State can lose to a lower ranked team than Washington did and still be ranked higher. The perception of the conference is one of those factors.
UCLA loseing to A&M didnt help and neither did USC loses so bad to Alabama (sorry Huskys).
Vegas has USC and Washington in the top eight as far as overall strength at this time of the season. So Washington shouldnt be hit so hard for losing that game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you win out you're most likely in but it's hard to win out . So like it or not ,other factors come in. Theres a reason Michigan can lose a game and not drop, why Ohio State can lose to a lower ranked team than Washington did and still be ranked higher. The perception of the conference is one of those factors.
Um, I said that.

How can I be more clear? I said UW killed themselves with a bad OOC and the conf rah rah is entirely about how you look with one or more losses, not dipshits on a forum. Obviously I meant that perception of the conf as a whole makes getting in with one or more losses harder.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, I said that.

How can I be more clear? I said UW killed themselves with a bad OOC and the conf rah rah is entirely about how you look with one or more losses, not dipshits on a forum. Obviously I meant that perception of the conf as a whole makes getting in with one or more losses harder.

Chill .lol. At least your team has a fighting chance.