• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuses are excuses. It's easy to try to fall back on them during losses. But one thing I saw tonight on display which is obvious.
It doesn't matter how good you are at coaching up players. The odds are increasingly stacked against you when your facing teams who pull Top10 classes each year and have a coaching staff that can get them playing together. Yes, Petersen has proven that he could beat bigboys with less talanted rosters at times, but now coaching within the P5 conferences is a different thing.

Coach Petersen has the Huskies back to being relevant and now knocking on the top tier of the PAC and looking like we can stay there. He's done a fabulous job, but we're not landing the talent we need to really compete for championships.

Going forward, we can't be expected to be a team that can consistantly win Rose Bowls and Playoff games when your rosters are based on classes that ranked in the 20s at best vs. teams that pull in the talent at schools like Bama / top tSEC schools, Ohio State, Clemson, USC, etc, etc....
These are teams that consistantly are able to pull in the size and talent to be championship caliber. The Huskies have some nice pieces in place, but I don't see us as some team with no weaknesses and playoff championship caliber.

Easy example:
USC 2015 Football Commits
Alabama 2015 Football Commits
Clemson 2015 Football Commits
Ohio State 2015 Football Commits
vs

Washington 2015 Football Commits

As these were the 2015 classes, most of these recruits will now be experienced sophmores or now starting to play after redshirting. Names you see out there playing now this season.

Yahh, yahh, yahh....
I'll get flamed for saying this. Sounds like I'm making excuses. But I think it's a valid argument. The Huskies have the coaching talent to win big ones. The committment is there. But this roster isn't championship caliber yet. While you always aim for the top and if the Huskies make the playoffs this year, hope we win it all, but again, the odds of that given the pure level of size and talent....we're at a significant disadvantage vs the other teams that we've been hanging there in the Top10 of the rankings. In the long run, we'll need to do a lot better with recruiting or always be having nights like tonight to remind us of our limitations.

As for this year, we've already hit the win mark I was calling. 9-3 season, so at this point, besides completely tanking a bowl game or getting blasted in the Apple cup, I'm a very happy Dawg.
A lot of people were asking where UW's weakness was and really the only thing people could bring up was being so young and untested. They don't have many seniors on either side of the ball. Petersen has this team where it is and a fair number of the kids he's been doing it with were still from Sark's era. However, few of Sark's kids are starting, most of the starters are underclassmen, or at least a lot of key starters are.

I would imagine we will find out where Sarell is going to go within the next couple of weeks and landing him could give us one of the highest ranked classes in at least 20 years.

The recruiting is going in the right direction, but being able to red shirt your top talent and building them all the way to at least red shirt juniors just takes time.

Part of the reason I fully expected this team to not run the table is that youth. Most of this run was unexpected in terms of how balanced and consistent they have been with all of that youth in so many key positions. However you can't discount that getting this far with that youth bodes well moving forward when he gets into having his own kids as 5th year seniors and the NFL bound juniors. Once he's in that mode I'd fully expect them to be competitive year in and year out.

This is only the start. And it's already been the best we have seen this team since Neuheisel. I'm very optimistic they will keep building and growing their brand and continue to climb in the recruiting. This isn't the ceiling, it's only the beginning.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can OD start a UW vs ASU thread ASAP?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuses are excuses. It's easy to try to fall back on them during losses. But one thing I saw tonight on display which is obvious.
It doesn't matter how good you are at coaching up players. The odds are increasingly stacked against you when your facing teams who pull Top10 classes each year and have a coaching staff that can get them playing together. Yes, Petersen has proven that he could beat bigboys with less talanted rosters at times, but now coaching within the P5 conferences is a different thing.

Coach Petersen has the Huskies back to being relevant and now knocking on the top tier of the PAC and looking like we can stay there. He's done a fabulous job, but we're not landing the talent we need to really compete for championships.

Going forward, we can't be expected to be a team that can consistantly win Rose Bowls and Playoff games when your rosters are based on classes that ranked in the 20s at best vs. teams that pull in the talent at schools like Bama / top tSEC schools, Ohio State, Clemson, USC, etc, etc....
These are teams that consistantly are able to pull in the size and talent to be championship caliber. The Huskies have some nice pieces in place, but I don't see us as some team with no weaknesses and playoff championship caliber.

Easy example:
USC 2015 Football Commits
Alabama 2015 Football Commits
Clemson 2015 Football Commits
Ohio State 2015 Football Commits
vs

Washington 2015 Football Commits

As these were the 2015 classes, most of these recruits will now be experienced sophmores or now starting to play after redshirting. Names you see out there playing now this season.

Yahh, yahh, yahh....
I'll get flamed for saying this. Sounds like I'm making excuses. But I think it's a valid argument. The Huskies have the coaching talent to win big ones. The committment is there. But this roster isn't championship caliber yet. While you always aim for the top and if the Huskies make the playoffs this year, hope we win it all, but again, the odds of that given the pure level of size and talent....we're at a significant disadvantage vs the other teams that we've been hanging there in the Top10 of the rankings. In the long run, we'll need to do a lot better with recruiting or always be having nights like tonight to remind us of our limitations.

As for this year, we've already hit the win mark I was calling. 9-3 season, so at this point, besides completely tanking a bowl game or getting blasted in the Apple cup, I'm a very happy Dawg.

You're spot on. USC is lucky to be where there's a ton of HS talent. But I think Peterson and Washington will be able to start getting more talent from here like they did in their heyday.
This was what I said after the game. Came up here to make sure I gave a congratulations to USC fans before I even got back to our tailgate bus.

And this is what a classless idiot does. Why not just enjoy the win and be a man about it?

I have never rubbed anyone's nose in their words before a game, with the exception of the duck game where 12 years of suffering their bullshit left me willing to do so for that night into the next day and then no more. Vita and others will back me up on that. Quoting people saying they don't feel the need to apologize for whatever the refs did, or didn't do has NOTHING at all to do with pissing on fans of other teams and what they said before the game. It isn't related in any way.

A man doesn't feel the need to dig into others after a sporting event. The smack talk is before the game. Period. You are nothing but a classless poor sport and thank you for making that clear as day.

Now, get back to fucking yourself. If this is how you want to be I'm entirely finished with you.
Do what you want. All I did was point out that a couple days ago you wrote that you werent worried about USC , that the next two games worried you more. I never wrote your team sucks or shit the bed or any of that kind of nonsense. But fuck if you cant take any sort of reply to what you wrote then dont say anything before a game. I took everything bama fan said after that game. Told them they kicked our ass and said they played great. I didnt get all butt hurt and cry and say fuck you leave me alone. Its just football and fans smack talk. And if your team loses be a man and say yeah you were right that Darnold would step up that the crowd wouldnt derail them that the corners could stay with your Wrs. Im amazed how you can write all those fuck yous to others yet your a hurt because I re posted your prediction and never saying something bad about your team.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're spot on. USC is lucky to be where there's a ton of HS talent. But I think Peterson and Washington will be able to start getting more talent from here like they did in their heyday.

Do what you want. All I did was point out that a couple days ago you wrote that you werent worried about USC , that the next two games worried you more. I never wrote your team sucks or shit the bed or any of that kind of nonsense. But fuck if you cant take any sort of reply to what you wrote then dont say anything before a game. I took everything bama fan said after that game. Told them they kicked our ass and said they played great. I didnt get all butt hurt and cry and say fuck you leave me alone. Its just football and fans smack talk. And if your team loses be a man and say yeah you were right that Darnold would step up that the crowd wouldnt derail them that the corners could stay with your Wrs. Im amazed how you can write all those fuck yous to others yet your a hurt because I re posted your prediction and never saying something bad about your team.
Poor sport is still being a poor sport. Shocked.

Read what I said to those who aren't being jackasses. I have no problem admitting we got our ass kicked. That's reality. I have no problem giving praise to their players in that game.

You lack class or honor and that's clear as day. Trying to throw words at people after the fact is a classless thing that real men wouldn't do.

Why don't you go on a campaign and go cry to every writer that said the same thing? Go tweet corso and the rest of the CGD crew who ALL picked against your team. I mean getting even with people in words is so important to you.

Grow up.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we get there. We're gonna need some help though. We need Oregon to beat Utah (which probably ain't happening) and Utah to beat Colorado.
Im not positive but I think the only other option is Washington State beating Colorado. And Colorado beating Utah. As long as SC beats UCLA. However I wouldn't get my hopes up. Even if that plays out. Colorado wouldn't have the same motivation to win their finale. It would put Utah at 3 conference losses. But SC has the tie breaker over Colorado. If that scenario plays out. Colorado would already know the results of the SC/UCLA game a week in advance.And be playing strictly for a win and not a spot in the CCG

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fudge the polls, us behind Nebraska, Auburn and Florida are a joke.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know that he can't handle pressure. The other part to that is he didn't have anyone to throw to when he was pressured.
I don't think Washington played a bad game. I still have a ton of respect for the huskies. They have an elite defense. And their offense is still extremely impressive. I think it was just a bad match up. The SC offense is designed to run the ball and work several receivers in the middle of the field. And Darnold seems to excel when being chased or in motion. Avoiding what may be the best corner tandem in the league you guys have.

The SC defense is not what it was. They have been solid against the run. Play a lot of man coverage with some very talented corners. While showing a lot of different looks on defense. Pendergast has made a major difference as DC.

And lets not forget this could have gone a completely different direction.If not for a blocked field goal.

The Huskies are still a great team and you have a lot to be proud of. I'm hoping they get past the injuries and have speedy recoveries I hate injuries. Good game Huskies :suds: I'm not going to get my hopes up with the standings in the South.But it would be an honor to have a rematch. If not best of luck the rest of the way.Back the PAC

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they've lost the #1 and #2 in state recruits to Washington and #3 to WSU. Good times at Nike U. these days.
according to Scout. but Rivals in state #1 still to Oregon. #2 and #3 to UW. #5 to WSU. so depends on what service you look at.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The blocked FG wouldn't of made a major difference. The only real score for us that occurred was because the USC player tripped up at the line and thus Ross was completely open on a pass. Without that, we would of been held to nothing but FGs the entire game.

You have comparable to next level superior speed, size, athletic talent at about every position on the field and it was obvious by the 1st quarter.

I guess it was wishful thinking on my part, but you can't argue with the sheer talent level on your roster. Once USC has stability with its coaching crew which it now has, the rest of the PAC will have to play out of their minds to pull off scores and wins against rosters like that. It is what it is. Move on and pray we can get a different outcome if we meet in the conf champ game, but I don't see that happening given the USC roster.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon defensive tackle Austin Maloata has been dismissed from the team after a car crash early Sunday morning led to his arrest on three charges.

Per the Daily Emerald, Maloata was arrested on charges of DUI, reckless driving and possession of methamphetamine.

Maloata, 19, was booked at 5:09 a.m. following Oregon’s 52-27 loss to Stanford Saturday. Maloata was driving at 1:48 a.m. when he ran a red light at the intersection of East Broadway and Hilyard Street and collided with another vehicle. Officers found methamphetamine in Maloata’s car and determined he was driving under the influence of intoxicants.

The Emerald notes the driving charges are misdemeanors while the possession of methamphetamine charge is a felony.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP is out.

7 Washington
11 Utah
12 Colorado
15 USC
20 WSU (highest ranking for the Cougs since 2003)

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, it never ceases to amaze us how stupid some of these kids can be. Sure, you lost a football game and your season isn't anything like you expected, but you go out and get drunk and high on meth and crash your car after the game? :L

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon defensive tackle Austin Maloata has been dismissed from the team after a car crash early Sunday morning led to his arrest on three charges.

Per the Daily Emerald, Maloata was arrested on charges of DUI, reckless driving and possession of methamphetamine.

Maloata, 19, was booked at 5:09 a.m. following Oregon’s 52-27 loss to Stanford Saturday. Maloata was driving at 1:48 a.m. when he ran a red light at the intersection of East Broadway and Hilyard Street and collided with another vehicle. Officers found methamphetamine in Maloata’s car and determined he was driving under the influence of intoxicants.

The Emerald notes the driving charges are misdemeanors while the possession of methamphetamine charge is a felony.
If he played for Urban Meyer he would get 1/2 a game suspension.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington State senior WR River Cracraft, in the midst of a monster performance against Cal on Saturday when he went down in the third quarter, has torn the ACL in his left knee. He concludes his career with 218 career receptions – the second-most in WSU history behind teammate Gabe Marks.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington State senior WR River Cracraft, in the midst of a monster performance against Cal on Saturday when he went down in the third quarter, has torn the ACL in his left knee. He concludes his career with 218 career receptions – the second-most in WSU history behind teammate Gabe Marks.
Jesus, that's horrible. Cougs finally have some momentum and one of their stars goes down for the season.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he played for Urban Meyer he would get 1/2 a game suspension.

Or Chip Kelly.

I do give Helfrich credit for being more of a disciplinarian in these matters. He removed the last of the Kelly malcontents fairly quickly and appears to be running a much cleaner program. If a kid goes out and crashes a car high on meth, then it's not the coaches fault so this isn't on Helfrich or the coaching staff.

Good call booting him off the team. He could of killed someone.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Chip Kelly.

I do give Helfrich credit for being more of a disciplinarian in these matters. He removed the last of the Kelly malcontents fairly quickly and appears to be running a much cleaner program. If a kid goes out and crashes a car high on meth, then it's not the coaches fault so this isn't on Helfrich or the coaching staff.

Good call booting him off the team. He could of killed someone.

Was waiting for your Chip Kelly reference.

What Chip Kelly did to Blount was more severe than majority of coaches. As mentioned dozens and dozens of times. During the Chip Kelly era they were in the bottom half of the Fulmer Cup in the PAC.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no coach that would have been able to save a kid that crashed a car high on meth. No way this kid is kept on campus either I'd imagine. He screwed himself big time.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elijah Molden, 4-star CB, commits to Washington Huskies over Oregon Ducks, Stanford Cardinal

Elijah Molden, West Linn, Cornerback

8d52f70471.jpg