• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot that Colorado still has WSU. Yeah, that would work. We own the tiebreaker vs. Colorado, but not Utah. Guess there's a little bit better chance than I thought. Hope the Cougs don't Coug it for us. lol

The Cougs need to beat Colorado, then Colorado needs to beat Utah last game of the year and SC win out to go to CCG

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had time to throw until tonight. Makes it a bit more difficult when guys are coming at you and the other teams secondary is hanging with your receivers.

I hope so for you guys. I like Jake, I saw him struggle a little bit last year but that seemed mostly inexperience not his arm, which to me, was the problem yesterday.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had time to throw until tonight. Makes it a bit more difficult when guys are coming at you and the other teams secondary is hanging with your receivers.

He did have some time to throw last night. The difference, imo, was that USC has DB's that can stay with UW's receivers longer than any DB's that they had seen so far. USC sacked him 3 times, which is good, but 2 of the sacks came late in the game when the Huskies had to throw on every down and our defense could just pass rush without having to worry about the run.

Prior to that, the pressure was due as much to the coverage as anything.

My guess is that, if we get a rematch in the CCG, your coaches will make some adjustments to address that.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. well that sucked.

Congrats Trojan fans. Earned that win. No doubt.
This was what I said after the game. Came up here to make sure I gave a congratulations to USC fans before I even got back to our tailgate bus.

Oh , I'm sorry I posted your "I'm far less worried about USC than the other two games we have" . Was that classless of me? Just reminded you what you said when you thought your team would roll.

Yup . You're a classy guy.
Looks like winning or losing you're a bitter person.

My posts. No fuck you , no deal with it And I went to the Alabama game. lol.Just a little ribbing. You strut around for an entire season and now you lose one game and you're butt hurt about someone reminding you what you said. It's just football smack talk.The sun will come up tomorrow and your team still has a good chance of getting to the playoffs and might be able to have a rematch against USC. Don't take everything so serious.
And this is what a classless idiot does. Why not just enjoy the win and be a man about it?

I have never rubbed anyone's nose in their words before a game, with the exception of the duck game where 12 years of suffering their bullshit left me willing to do so for that night into the next day and then no more. Vita and others will back me up on that. Quoting people saying they don't feel the need to apologize for whatever the refs did, or didn't do has NOTHING at all to do with pissing on fans of other teams and what they said before the game. It isn't related in any way.

A man doesn't feel the need to dig into others after a sporting event. The smack talk is before the game. Period. You are nothing but a classless poor sport and thank you for making that clear as day.

Now, get back to fucking yourself. If this is how you want to be I'm entirely finished with you.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Victor really done for the year?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did have some time to throw last night. The difference, imo, was that USC has DB's that can stay with UW's receivers longer than any DB's that they had seen so far. USC sacked him 3 times, which is good, but 2 of the sacks came late in the game when the Huskies had to throw on every down and our defense could just pass rush without having to worry about the run.

My guess is that, if we get a rematch in the CCG, your coaches will make some adjustments to address that.
If we did lose Victor for the rest of the year on top of Mathis, I'm not going to feel very confident they can play the kind of defense they will need to beat whoever they would face. If they can't get some kind of pass rush after Mathis I'm not sure they can go into the Palouse and get the win they need to reach that game.

They were pretty fortunate all year to stay very healthy. That was a big part of that run. And now it seems it is catching up to them at the wrong time.

No way USC isn't in the other polls now and will move up from 20 on the playoff rankings. Sure looks like Helton has things going in the right direction for your program. That was a hell of a statement win.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm gonna disagree here TF I honestly felt They (Dawgs) were looking the homerun ball deep down the field way to many times. They (Dawgs) gave up way to early on the run game. SC came out with a good game plan jam the box and cover the wide out tight, ( minus Ross)......

To me it was Pendergrass beating the hell out of Smith and his playsheet..

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-0 IN MORAL VICTORIES THIS YEAR…terrific.

Last night I was watching the Michigan/Iowa game and heard an announcer talk about the suffrage that Iowa endured…17 straight losing seasons in a row before Fentz came in and rescued the program and I laughed at that comment and thought, I have endured a 28 season consecutive losing streak already in my life and am currently mired in a 4 year streak as we talk.

Nice win last night Iowa, but no…you have no idea what suffrage really is.

Grats to the USC Trojans of Lore…#2 is a beast.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna disagree here TF I honestly felt They (Dawgs) were looking the homerun ball deep down the field way to many times. They (Dawgs) gave up way to early on the run game. SC came out with a good game plan jam the box and cover the wide out tight, ( minus Ross)......

To me it was Pendergrass beating the hell out of Smith and his playsheet..

Good points. Penergast correctly decided to concentrate on stopping the run and trusted his DB's to be able to cover. That made you guys a bit one dimensional.

I agree that UW gave up on the run too early. Our running backs weren't exactly breaking off large chunks of yardage, (we only rushed for 113 yards), but we kept running the ball which kept your defense honest and helped give Darnold a little more time to do his thing.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so for you guys. I like Jake, I saw him struggle a little bit last year but that seemed mostly inexperience not his arm, which to me, was the problem yesterday.
Needs to spend less time watching film and more time in the weight room.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Victor really done for the year?
Looks like it. Carted off the field with an air cast and went straight to the hospital.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points. Penergast correctly decided to concentrate on stopping the run and trusted his DB's to be able to cover. That made you guys a bit one dimensional.

I agree that UW gave up on the run too early. Our running backs weren't exactly breaking off large chunks of yardage, (we only rushed for 113 yards), but we kept running the ball which kept your defense honest and helped give Darnold a little more time to do his thing.

I'm actually in a general aspect think Dawgs defense played ok, they produced two turn overs and played the bend but don't break game they usually do....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually in a general aspect think Dawgs defense played ok, they produced two turn overs and played the bend but don't break game they usually do....

Yeah, your defense was pretty stout. That bend but don't break style was a bit frustrating too. Every time it looked like USC might break the game open, they'd make a play that got them off the field.

Imo, they just couldn't quite get the pressure on Darnold that they needed which gave our receivers time to get open, especially over the middle. You guys have NFL caliber DB's, but even the best DB's can only cover for so long.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if nothing else they kept the game winnable. The offense just couldn't capitalize when the defense made a big play. The blocked field goal was such a momentum killer too. I think that was the point I realized it probably wasn't gonna end well.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, your defense was pretty stout. That bend but don't break style was a bit frustrating too. Every time it looked like USC might break the game open, they'd make a play that got them off the field.

Imo, they just couldn't quite get the pressure on Darnold that they needed which gave our receivers time to get open, especially over the middle. You guys have NFL caliber DB's, but even the best DB's can only cover for so long.
That was real frustrating. They didn't start bringing guys until well into the second half, and it worked... they're just too stubborn about not wanting to blitz. Why it took so long for them to figure out they weren't getting to darnold without mixing things up is anyone's guess.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if nothing else they kept the game winnable. The offense just couldn't capitalize when the defense made a big play. The blocked field goal was such a momentum killer too. I think that was the point I realized it probably wasn't gonna end well.

Yeah that was it for me too, SC cheer staff put jackets on so I couldn't stare at the filled out sweaters...