• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course every game has our fans on the edge of their seats, but I'm FAR less worried about this game because it's at home. The way this team is comprised I really don't see any team coming into Husky stadium and leaving with a W. That defense is too good and with that loud ass crowd behind them I can't see a freshman coming in and doing what it will take to score enough to overcome what UW's offense will do.

The game that has all of our fans rightfully nervous is the Apple Cup. The next two aren't nearly as dangerous as that game. Sure, of course UW could still lose either of these next two, but in terms of nervousness going into them? No way. Come into Husky stadium and prove it because I'm not buying it.

You buying it now Wiz? Far less worried? I told you Darnold was the real deal. Browning and his 22 prior starts didn't stand up this freshman.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had time to throw until tonight. Makes it a bit more difficult when guys are coming at you and the other teams secondary is hanging with your receivers.

Being able to handle pressure is something good QBs gotta do. He's young and will learn.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being able to handle pressure is something good QBs gotta do. He's young and will learn.
I dont know that he can't handle pressure. The other part to that is he didn't have anyone to throw to when he was pressured.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know that he can't handle pressure. The other part to that is he didn't have anyone to throw to when he was pressured.

Well, this is the first game he's been really pressured and he threw two Ints in this one game when he'd thrown two in all the other games combined and went down in the end zone for a safety. He over threw open receivers. Anyone who saw the game could see he was not himself once pressured.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is the first game he's been really pressured and he threw two Ints in this one game when he'd thrown two in all the other games combined and went down in the end zone for a safety. He over threw open receivers. Anyone who saw the game could see he was not himself once pressured.
He did make mistakes.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did make mistakes.

USC defense was better than people thought and they kept trying to test Adoree. Yeah he slipped once but the rest of the time it didnt pay off.
Washington defense did not adjust to USC throwing to the middle. It almost looked like they were surprised USC wasn't trying to test their corners.
Most didnt give Helton any credit for how USC has been playing. I think he out coached Peterson tonight.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You buying it now Wiz? Far less worried? I told you Darnold was the real deal. Browning and his 22 prior starts didn't stand up this freshman.
Why am I not surprised you can't win with class.

You can go ahead and go fuck yourself.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why am I not surprised you can't win with class.

You can go ahead and go fuck yourself.

Oh , I'm sorry I posted your "I'm far less worried about USC than the other two games we have" . Was that classless of me? Just reminded you what you said when you thought your team would roll.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, not reading all of that.
You have some kind of case of the ass I see and I'm not shocked by that. Don't really give a fuck what you think. Shit was missed both ways/or bad calls both ways. And in the end we came out on top. I don't owe anyone a fucking apology and none will be given.

Deal with it.
Yup . You're a classy guy.
Looks like winning or losing you're a bitter person.

My posts. No fuck you , no deal with it And I went to the Alabama game. lol.Just a little ribbing. You strut around for an entire season and now you lose one game and you're butt hurt about someone reminding you what you said. It's just football smack talk.The sun will come up tomorrow and your team still has a good chance of getting to the playoffs and might be able to have a rematch against USC. Don't take everything so serious.

Last edited:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuses are excuses. It's easy to try to fall back on them during losses. But one thing I saw tonight on display which is obvious.
It doesn't matter how good you are at coaching up players. The odds are increasingly stacked against you when your facing teams who pull Top10 classes each year and have a coaching staff that can get them playing together. Yes, Petersen has proven that he could beat bigboys with less talanted rosters at times, but now coaching within the P5 conferences is a different thing.

Coach Petersen has the Huskies back to being relevant and now knocking on the top tier of the PAC and looking like we can stay there. He's done a fabulous job, but we're not landing the talent we need to really compete for championships.

Going forward, we can't be expected to be a team that can consistantly win Rose Bowls and Playoff games when your rosters are based on classes that ranked in the 20s at best vs. teams that pull in the talent at schools like Bama / top tSEC schools, Ohio State, Clemson, USC, etc, etc....
These are teams that consistantly are able to pull in the size and talent to be championship caliber. The Huskies have some nice pieces in place, but I don't see us as some team with no weaknesses and playoff championship caliber.

Easy example:
USC 2015 Football Commits
Alabama 2015 Football Commits
Clemson 2015 Football Commits
Ohio State 2015 Football Commits
vs

Washington 2015 Football Commits

As these were the 2015 classes, most of these recruits will now be experienced sophmores or now starting to play after redshirting. Names you see out there playing now this season.

Yahh, yahh, yahh....
I'll get flamed for saying this. Sounds like I'm making excuses. But I think it's a valid argument. The Huskies have the coaching talent to win big ones. The committment is there. But this roster isn't championship caliber yet. While you always aim for the top and if the Huskies make the playoffs this year, hope we win it all, but again, the odds of that given the pure level of size and talent....we're at a significant disadvantage vs the other teams that we've been hanging there in the Top10 of the rankings. In the long run, we'll need to do a lot better with recruiting or always be having nights like tonight to remind us of our limitations.

As for this year, we've already hit the win mark I was calling. 9-3 season, so at this point, besides completely tanking a bowl game or getting blasted in the Apple cup, I'm a very happy Dawg.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Husky coaches are talking like Azeem Victor's injury is a season ender. First Mathis was out and now Victor. Our two best tacklers. That's a big blow to this team for the rest of the season and a bowl.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Husky coaches are talking like Azeem Victor's injury is a season ender. First Mathis was out and now Victor. Our two best tacklers. That's a big blow to this team for the rest of the season and a bowl.

Damn man, hate to see that, these kids work so hard and then shit like this hits and they are out

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out coached
Out played

Wake up call, thanks for that see you in the CCG

I hope we get there. We're gonna need some help though. We need Oregon to beat Utah (which probably ain't happening) and Utah to beat Colorado.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's huge... when they get out the air cast and take you straight of the field to the ambulance, it's most likely a season ender. Any word on what it was? Broken leg? Did it look bad? They didn't show the replay in the stadium.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we get there. We're gonna need some help though. We need Oregon to beat Utah (which probably ain't happening) and Utah to beat Colorado.
Wouldn't WSU beating Colorado, and Colorado beating Utah work?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't WSU beating Colorado, and Colorado beating Utah work?

Forgot that Colorado still has WSU. Yeah, that would work. We own the tiebreaker vs. Colorado, but not Utah. Guess there's a little bit better chance than I thought. Hope the Cougs don't Coug it for us. lol

Utah has to play Colorado in Boulder too, so that's good.

We just can't get full of ourselves and shit the bed against UCLA next week. Those fuckers would love nothing more than to knock us out of a shot at the CCG.