• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to change the subject, but any word on Oregon's end in regards to Elijah Molden as to what direction he's leaning?

He's leaning to the left. Some times he leans to the right. I think he's been drinking.
I looked him up on Rivals. They still have Wilcox recruiting him to USC. They have him heavy to Oregon. Only slight chance to Washington

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys went after all the big names. Tua and the Martel kid among others. I'm just saying a program with as high as a national profile as the Ducks have and having a recent Heisman should.nt be reaching for hidden gems. It's great if you found a kid whos better than his offer sheet but I doubt they went out looking for a kid with a few offers from those kind of schools. It's more possible that they offered quite a few 5-4 star higher ranked kids and none took the offer.
Anyway, I'm curious how the oregon USC game will play out. USC has to eliminate the turnovers because the ducks have shown they can still score. The duck TE guaranteed a win.
Nice try on the Martell kid but Oregon never offered him. All the interest came one sidedly from him.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try on the Martell kid but Oregon never offered him. All the interest came one sidedly from him.

Sorry but that I did recall him giving his "top five" with Oregon being on the list. Maybe he expected an offer? I'm glad USC didn't get him . I notice he went from 5* to 4*.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's leaning to the left. Some times he leans to the right. I think he's been drinking.
I looked him up on Rivals. They still have Wilcox recruiting him to USC. They have him heavy to Oregon. Only slight chance to Washington
247 has Oregon way out front and after that it's Stanford and then Washington. He was on an official visit to Oregon when UW pounded the Ducks .. he watched that game from the stands and then two weeks later he took his official visit to Washington to see UW pound the Beavers. I was hoping that would be enough to turn him. What sucks is his dad is an ex Duck and his dad is pushing hard for him to stay at home and play for the Ducks.

Oregon's got a *lot* in common with this 4-star
4-star recruit's dad works for Nike and played for Oregon, so yeah, his family likes the Ducks

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but that I did recall him giving his "top five" with Oregon being on the list. Maybe he expected an offer? I'm glad USC didn't get him . I notice he went from 5* to 4*.
Yup, I think he was just trying to self promote a bit. He succeeded in going from a T a&m commit to a tOSU commit. so I guess it worked.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I think he was just trying to self promote a bit. He succeeded in going from a T a&m commit to a tOSU commit. so I guess it worked.

I have a feeling we wont see much of him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
247 has Oregon way out front and after that it's Stanford and then Washington. He was on an official visit to Oregon when UW pounded the Ducks .. he watched that game from the stands and then two weeks later he took his official visit to Washington to see UW pound the Beavers. I was hoping that would be enough to turn him. What sucks is his dad is an ex Duck and his dad is pushing hard for him to stay at home and play for the Ducks.

Oregon's got a *lot* in common with this 4-star
4-star recruit's dad works for Nike and played for Oregon, so yeah, his family likes the Ducks

lest you all forget ... phil 'stanford mba' knight has some sway on the farm......

Thanks to Nike's Phil Knight, Stanford is planning an ambitious graduate scholars program

Nike Co-Founder Phil Knight Just Gave Stanford Its Largest Donation Ever

looks like we'll be rockin' that swoosh for a while....

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lest you all forget ... phil 'stanford mba' knight has some sway on the farm......

Thanks to Nike's Phil Knight, Stanford is planning an ambitious graduate scholars program

Nike Co-Founder Phil Knight Just Gave Stanford Its Largest Donation Ever

looks like we'll be rockin' that swoosh for a while....
This will suck if he doesn't end up at Washington. He fits Chris Petersen's mold to a 'T'. He sounds like he wants to play for Petersen but his dad is putting mass pressure on him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will suck if he doesn't end up at Washington. He fits Chris Petersen's mold to a 'T'. He sounds like he wants to play for Petersen but his dad is putting mass pressure on him.

'hey mom/dad, i've two full boat scholarship offers. one to stanford and.... ' -- 'ok kid, sorry to interrupt but you are going to stanford, no ifs, ands, or buts - end of story!'

kinda how a lot of these recruiting talks go...

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 4 is easily in UW's control, they win out and they are in. Maybe not up to 2 or 3 but most definitely 4. 2 are set, It's Alabama, the winner of Ohio State/Michigan then if UW wins out and Clemson if Clemson wins out.
What, Wazzu, are you giving up already?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up on what?
NN doesn't seem to understand basic concepts sometimes. I think everyone else gets the theoretical nature of your post.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NN doesn't seem to understand basic concepts sometimes. I think everyone else gets the theoretical nature of your post.

After rereading it like 10 times, is he gathering from my post I'm chalking up the AC as a win for UW or something?

I think it's pretty logical that if you guys are 13-0 you will get in especially over an A&M team who would be 11-1 with only one real quality win. The SEC will always have a stronger SOS until November when all their good teams get the bottom rung SEC schools and their little sisters of the poor FCS school.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After rereading it like 10 times, is he gathering from my post I'm chalking up the AC as a win for UW or something?

I think it's pretty logical that if you guys are 13-0 you will get in especially over an A&M team who would be 11-1 with only one real quality win. The SEC will always have a stronger SOS until November when all their good teams get the bottom rung SEC schools and their little sisters of the poor FCS school.
Yeah, NN somehow read that you were throwing in the towel and crowning us instead of taking it as the hypothetical any normal person would have read that as.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fudge no I'm not, with our big run stuffer in Barber back I'm not tossing in the towel..definitely not chalking it up as a win for us either though.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fudge no I'm not, with our big run stuffer in Barber back I'm not tossing in the towel..definitely not chalking it up as a win for us either though.
None of us are taking anything for granted, but watch, if UW loses a game NN will try to rub it in as some kind of I told you so and attempt to throw our words back at us. You wait, that's a lock.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God what a dick!
Who?

Me?

:heh:

Serious though, I don't see how the Dawgs are behind Texas A&M, they should easily be No. 4, and it's not even close. I don't care what the excuses are. Trust me, there is no way that this years UCLA teams walks into Husky Stadium in Week 1, or any other week for that matter, and pushes them to an OT game.

And that's supposedly the difference, right?

SOS?

The Aggies big OOC win was in OT at home vs the now 3-5 Bruins. They have another home win vs 2-6 Prairie View A&M, and yet another home win vs 2-6 New Mexico State and still have yet another home OOC game scheduled vs UTSA.

Their big SEC Conference win was also in OT, a double OT game, and again at home vs then No. 10 ranked Tennessee Vols, who are now 5-3. Maybe they are getting a little credit because they were ONLY soundly beat, and not blown out, by the Tide in Tuscaloosa, still they lost to the Tide by 3 scores for a 19 points deficit!

On top of all that, the Huskies have 8 wins right now compared to just 7 wins for the Aggies.

I know Husky fans can't say it, so I will.....Coming in at No. 5 behind Texas A&M is just bull, and all I can do is make fun of it because honestly, it's nothing more than a big joke. :nod: