• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kids that are already there are already there. It's tougher to leave since you have to sit out to do so.

And competition is always a good thing. Let them think someone else is coming after their job. It's a great problem to have if you have more than one real option.

Carroll was notorious for bringing in as many options and putting them against each other as he could.

Carroll had players on the team compete and he'd pick one. That's different. The kid left a school because he wasn't going to play. If oregon says yes you don't think there was some talk about him getting a good shot at getting the job? If he was about competition he wold have stayed at bama. You have a young starter now and you're bringing this guy in? you're nuts if you think he's going to think it's a good thing.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a different question. Again, the ducks have every reason to accept and go after as many QB's as they can. Every team should. Whether that kid will come to a team with a young up and coming starter already on it is a whole different matter. My best guess is he's just taking the official visit because he can. Maybe use it to put pressure on other teams or just get a free trip to Oregon. Who knows. Can't say I really care a lot either way.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys went after all the big names. Tua and the Martel kid among others. I'm just saying a program with as high as a national profile as the Ducks have and having a recent Heisman should.nt be reaching for hidden gems. It's great if you found a kid whos better than his offer sheet but I doubt they went out looking for a kid with a few offers from those kind of schools. It's more possible that they offered quite a few 5-4 star higher ranked kids and none took the offer.
Anyway, I'm curious how the oregon USC game will play out. USC has to eliminate the turnovers because the ducks have shown they can still score. The duck TE guaranteed a win.
No Mundt never guaranteed a win

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a different question. Again, the ducks have every reason to accept and go after as many QB's as they can. Every team should. Whether that kid will come to a team with a young up and coming starter already on it is a whole different matter. My best guess is he's just taking the official visit because he can. Maybe use it to put pressure on other teams or just get a free trip to Oregon. Who knows. Can't say I really care a lot either way.

It's not about caring what he chooses. I think it's more chaos for Oregon if he does go there. If a 5* WR or RB with no physical or legal issues were available to sign there would be a line around the block. Even though right now he's probably better than most QBs playing there wont be that many who go after him because of the disruption. Oregon doesn't seem to mind chaos at the QB position.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the Trojans aren't letting their four game winning streak go to their heads or looking ahead to their match up with Washington.. Oregon is feeling better after their win and if you don't watch out they can score big.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know whats an odd smell? pot, sweat, b.o., fumunda cheese.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing hasn't taught them humility it would seem. :L

My guy RB R Nall says the Beavers run the table and will be bowl eligible by years end....WTF?

I like his style tho, perhaps next year. All I care about now is ending the year on a two game win streak.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with 5 right now. some would say it's bs and not right as the other two contenders for 4 have losses, tOSU and the male cheerleader factory, but I still consider us in rarefied air right now. Stanford being meh and Oregon being hot garbage hurts our SOS right now. wins to USC and WSU will do the trick.

Week 9 and #5 in the CFP rankings? Luv it.
I think it was the fact that the PAC 12 has been exposed as loaded with patsies offering the easiest schedule in P5, the worst SOS in P5, and your performance in Tucson and Utah exposed the fact that UW is a home team. A close game at home will take you closer to 10 than 4. In any case, IMO, top four is not in your control now, only help from the East can get your there if at all.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was the fact that the PAC 12 has been exposed as loaded with patsies offering the easiest schedule in P5, the worst SOS in P5, and your performance in Tucson and Utah exposed the fact that UW is a home team. A close game at home will take you closer to 10 than 4. In any case, IMO, top four is not in your control now, only help from the East can get your there if at all.
a680200b98.jpg

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man NN, you really need to learn something about college football. :burt:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EFXCBNJ.gif

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 4 is easily in UW's control, they win out and they are in. Maybe not up to 2 or 3 but most definitely 4. 2 are set, It's Alabama, the winner of Ohio State/Michigan then if UW wins out and Clemson if Clemson wins out.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or do you mean I know too much?
Know too much what? How to type BS that doesn't make sense to anyone other than the voices in your head? :noidea:
Pac wasn't exposed. This was a predictable bad year for a large number of teams in the Pac. I think many of us said that in the off season. You had 2/3 of the entire conference ALL breaking in new QB's at the same time. 3 of the 4 teams that had returning QB's are leading their divisions. None of this was unexpected in any way.

Still, they can win every game by 1 and still be in. You don't follow the sport if you don't get that. When asked about it last night the head of the committee agreed there is a very high premium placed on being a conference champ. They obviously can't take that into account in week 9. They can't even 'guess' that A&M won't have that opportunity. They evaluate to this point. A&M has a couple of bad games coming up. In fact the only decent game left for them is against LSU. They also play UTSA the week before that game. Late game cupcakes will not help their cause.
What does this do except support my point?
How does AG pointing out UW dismantling Oregon ON THE ROAD help your point that UW is purely a home team? :wtf: Clearly beating up Oregon this year doesn't mean much, but it was a ROAD game and he called you out on that.