• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Duck fan saying Oregon isnt really looking at him is kinda like the guy whos been caught cheating with his secretary a few times telling his wife hes not really considering hiring that young girl who came in to interview . lol
If Oregon or Helfrich is the guy, and the interviewing young girl is Barnett Im assuming the wife is Herbert? and so who is the secretary in this situation and when did Oregon or Helfrich cheat on Herbert?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think it was more of Helfrich sayin we want you to come here or more of Barnett saying I want to come up there. With what Herbert has been doing the last few weeks I have a hard time believing Oregon is actually going after him.
Also you analogy doesn't make sense.
As I already said, the mystery would be the other way.

Oregon should look at any/all 5th year, JC transfer, etc for depth. There is nothing odd about it at all. Coaches want as many as they can get and let them compete. It isn't out of the question they found one actually better than Herbert and let them start. I mean probably unlikely, but EVERY coach will look and push for every one of them they can get. Again, how many schools have lost at least one QB to injury this year? And there are a couple in the conference that have gone to at least their 3rd stringer.

The question is why would a kid with a lot of upside want to go to a school where they are going to sit?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also this is a different situation in that Barnett isn't a 5ht year. he used red shirt in 15 and started like 1 game this year before leaving. he would have a couple years of eligibility

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I already said, the mystery would be the other way.

Oregon should look at any/all 5th year, JC transfer, etc for depth. There is nothing odd about it at all. Coaches want as many as they can get and let them compete. It isn't out of the question they found one actually better than Herbert and let them start. I mean probably unlikely, but EVERY coach will look and push for every one of them they can get. Again, how many schools have lost at least one QB to injury this year? And there are a couple in the conference that have gone to at least their 3rd stringer.

The question is why would a kid with a lot of upside want to go to a school where they are going to sit?
its possible 5* Barnett thinks he can take the spot of a 3* recruit who got no other offers from P5 schools even tho Herbert has more than proven himself in Oregon's system

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I just said that direction would be more the question, not why would Oregon want him. That was the point. I'd question that kid going there, but of course if he did go there he would be under the belief he was the shit and would bring the ducks back to winning. They all believe that shit. Until late in the spring anyway.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fifth_place_trophy.jpg

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max Browne has got his permission to contact papers signed today by USC so he's officially able to transfer out to any other program, even UCLA.

Sounds like he's serious about this and will be playing somewhere else next year. It gets complicated as he's been on the USC roster for a few years now. not sure if he'll have to wait a year if he tries to join another PAC program.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with 5 right now. some would say it's bs and not right as the other two contenders for 4 have losses, tOSU and the male cheerleader factory, but I still consider us in rarefied air right now. Stanford being meh and Oregon being hot garbage hurts our SOS right now. wins to USC and WSU will do the trick.

Week 9 and #5 in the CFP rankings? Luv it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both UW and WSU win this week it eliminates everyone else from winning the north. Only the two washington schools would be in the hunt still.

Not in scenario village it doesn't.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max Browne has got his permission to contact papers signed today by USC so he's officially able to transfer out to any other program, even UCLA.

Sounds like he's serious about this and will be playing somewhere else next year. It gets complicated as he's been on the USC roster for a few years now. not sure if he'll have to wait a year if he tries to join another PAC program.
Pac 12 has a sit out rule and a loss of year rule. therfore they lose 2 years of eligibility for transfering in conference. not sure what requirements for waivers and exemptions need to be met. my guess is he does not end up at a Pac 12 school

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take any of these transfer if Falk does end up leaving. Out schedule has been pretty weak and our backup hasn't even attempted a pass I don't think.

pistlpete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oregon or Helfrich is the guy, and the interviewing young girl is Barnett Im assuming the wife is Herbert? and so who is the secretary in this situation and when did Oregon or Helfrich cheat on Herbert?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with 5 right now. some would say it's bs and not right as the other two contenders for 4 have losses, tOSU and the male cheerleader factory, but I still consider us in rarefied air right now. Stanford being meh and Oregon being hot garbage hurts our SOS right now. wins to USC and WSU will do the trick.

Week 9 and #5 in the CFP rankings? Luv it.

I think anyone who's really outraged is probably someone who jumped back on the bandwagon this year, and has been missing college football for the last few years. I would have guessed wed have the #4 spot, but seeing how the committee has worked in the first few years of their existence, this is not at all surprising.

And hell yeah love it. If you told me in September we'd be #5 in the first CFP rankings, I'd have laughed and hugged you.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think anyone who's really outraged is probably someone who jumped back on the bandwagon this year, and has been missing college football for the last few years. I would have guessed wed have the #4 spot, but seeing how the committee has worked in the first few years of their existence, this is not at all surprising.

And hell yeah love it. If you told me in September we'd be #5 in the first CFP rankings, I'd have laughed and hugged you.

wedding-crashers-wtf.gif

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will USC be ranked after they beat the Huskys? lol

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on now. It's not that hard. For two straight years the ducks have picked a QB from another program rather than start the season with their own guy. So saying he's going to visit but the Ducks aren't interested is like a guy whos cheated with his previous secretarys telling his wife he really doesn't want to hire the hot young girl whos applying. See, not so hard.
I don't think he fits your system though. he's a very tall kid but not close to MM in running ability. Do you think they would go another direction with the system?