• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, why do you have to be so sensible, the PAC12 Ref tampering, or UDubb head bumps is so much more entertaining to speculate! :heh:
Man, us old fucks just miss real football don't we? Remember watching receivers getting leveled for going after catches over the middle? Now we just have too much fucking flags and targeting and oooo he hit me! kind of bullshit.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put'em back in leather and let them hit each other full speed I say.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put'em back in leather and let them hit each other full speed I say.

Isn't it odd though that in a way putting face masks on helmets might have made football more dangerous.

PS, the refs do suck donkey balls. I have a co worker who is on the wait list for the Pac 12 in football and basketball and he is even on the wait list it makes me respect the vetting process of officiating in the conference even less.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, us old fucks just miss real football don't we? Remember watching receivers getting leveled for going after catches over the middle? Now we just have too much fucking flags and targeting and oooo he hit me! kind of bullshit.
4c269462f0463308c2c2667702f269b3.jpg

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to stop myself when typing a post earlier last week in a post about the Bruins QB Mike Fafaul potentially needing to step out a play.

I started to type, "If Mike get's his Bell Rung"and needed to sit out a play that Josh could step in and had the ball off for a play. I had to change it to 'Gets the wind knocked out of him' and has to sit out a play for the post to even make sense.

The NCAA has really changed for both the better and the worse in our lifetimes, that's for sure!

While player safety is a focal point, so is the pussification of Collegiate Football and the NFL for that much.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, no. These refs have proven to be entirely incompetent when it's two bottom feeders playing for nothing.

IMO you see more problems with refs today than you did 20 years ago because of all of the rule changes. We all used to know what a catch was and hitting in football used to be legal. All these namby pamby bullshit pillow fight rules we have now that can't possibly be called in any consistent way have muddled the shit out of this game.
A referee is trailing a play, a runback when directly in front of him and no way to claim that he didn't or couldn't see it, an obvious and intentional block in the back occurs, yet he fails to call it. He refuses to call it. Incompetence doesn't work for that instance nor does any rules require a closely considered determination of what occurred. He obviously and willingly just refused to call it. Why?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A referee is trailing a play, a runback when directly in front of him and no way to claim that he didn't or couldn't see it, an obvious and intentional block in the back occurs, yet he fails to call it. He refuses to call it. Incompetence doesn't work for that instance nor does any rules require a closely considered determination of what occurred. He obviously and willingly just refused to call it. Why?
I know the NFL is discussing Coaching challenges to review PI, and I can't think of a more compelling use of challenges like this for a more obvious penalty.

Even the PI is in second place to a GAP (Game Altering Play) like a Punt return TD with an obvious block in the back.

And that's not pussification of the sport, that's getting it right!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the NFL is discussing Coaching challenges to review PI, and I can't think of a more compelling use of challenges like this for a more obvious penalty.

Even the PI is in second place to a GAP (Game Altering Play) like a Punt return TD with an obvious block in the back.

And that's not pussification of the sport, that's getting it right!
Imagine if the PAC were to lose an NT for one of their teams on a play like that? :eek:

That would suck ass, and if were against the Bruins :pound:

(Like I really expect them to be in the playoffs much less the NT)

I would have a hard time dealing, no doubt.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if the PAC were to lose an NT for one of their teams on a play like that? :eek:

That would suck ass, and if were against the Bruins :pound:

(Like I really expect them to be in the playoffs much less the NT)

I would have a hard time dealing, no doubt.

They did, on two bullshit non holding calls in Columbus and a bullshit fumble call in Pullman in 2002. It should have been us versus Miami.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both UW and WSU win this week it eliminates everyone else from winning the north. Only the two washington schools would be in the hunt still.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again.....shocking.

Former Alabama quarterback, Blake Barnett, will take his first official visit to Oregon next weekend. The Ducks host Stanford on Nov. 12 in Eugene.

Barnett is currently enrolled in classes at Palomar junior college in California. He is not playing football for the program. The former 5-star is on pace to graduate this Spring and enroll at the college of his choice.

Cal, ASU, WSU, and Michigan St. have also showed interest.

At one point Barnett was a long-time commit to Notre Dame. Following his decommitment he visited Oregon and Alabama before picking the Tide and signing with Nick Saban.

Barnett started one game at Alabama this season and went 11 of 19 for 219 yards and 2 touchdowns. He used up his redshirt season while at Alabama.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Former Alabama quarterback, Blake Barnett, will take his first official visit to Oregon next weekend. The Ducks host Stanford on Nov. 12 in Eugene.

Barnett is currently enrolled in classes at Palomar junior college in California. He is not playing football for the program. The former 5-star is on pace to graduate this Spring and enroll at the college of his choice.

At one point Barnett was a long-time commit to Notre Dame. Following his decommitment he visited Oregon and Alabama before picking the Tide and signing with Nick Saban.

Barnett started one game at Alabama this season and went 11 of 19 for 219 yards and 2 touchdowns. He used up his redshirt season while at Alabama.

That would be interesting. They would have to run a different offence. He was athletic enough to run some in High school but in college he's not much of a threat. He's 6'5" has a big arm but doesnt get rid of the back quick. He's kinda like Browne at USC.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the way Herbert is playing I doubt the Ducks give him much of a look.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way Herbert is playing I doubt the Ducks give him much of a look.
Why give him any look? Continuing to go after 5th year transfers at this point seems weird... if you have a true freshman starting and looking good, seems like you have your guy for a few years. Obviously you need some depth, but now's a good time to start to look to building that up. Keeping the 'let's look at 5th year transfers' practice alive just seems to send a weird message...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why give him any look? Continuing to go after 5th year transfers at this point seems weird... if you have a true freshman starting and looking good, seems like you have your guy for a few years. Obviously you need some depth, but now's a good time to start to look to building that up. Keeping the 'let's look at 5th year transfers' practice alive just seems to send a weird message...
Depth. The question isn't why would the ducks look at him, but why would he look at the ducks? These guys want to start and coming to a team to sit behind a talented freshman wouldn't make much sense.

How many teams do we have right now that are on their 3rd or lower QB for the season? How many teams in general in the Pac have started at least 2 because of injury? You simply can't have too many QB's in any program. Get them anywhere you can and keep as many as will stay. Unfortunately it's hard to keep more than one or two solid QB's anymore. The good ones farther down the depth chart leave for other chances to get on the field quicker.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth. The question isn't why would the ducks look at him, but why would he look at the ducks? These guys want to start and coming to a team to sit behind a talented freshman wouldn't make much sense.

How many teams do we have right now that are on their 3rd or lower QB for the season? How many teams in general in the Pac have started at least 2 because of injury? You simply can't have too many QB's in any program. Get them anywhere you can and keep as many as will stay. Unfortunately it's hard to keep more than one or two solid QB's anymore. The good ones farther down the depth chart leave for other chances to get on the field quicker.
Yeah, that's a good way to put it. Which goes back to why would they waste their time with him? 'Hey, you wanna come spend your final year competing with a true sophomore who were pretty sure is our guy for the foreseeable future? Don't worry, he'll need a backup...'

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, he is taking his visit to Oregon that he could take anywhere he wanted. he likely still has some sort of rapport with Helfrich that was established during his recruitment. Oregon isn't going after him as much as he is looking at Oregon.

And depth will likely become an issue. Jonsen and or Wilson likely transfer due to Herbert. then Oregon is left with Alie who was a walk on so its unlikely he would have much luck getting picked up anywhere other than a JC. plus he is still the holder so maybe he is ok with his role on the team. unless they bring in a QB in this new class who will be good with sitting at least 2 years.

Last edited:

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, he is taking his visit to Oregon that he could take anywhere he wanted. he likely still has some sort of rapport with Helfrich that was established during his recruitment. Oregon isn't going after him as much as he is looking at Oregon.
*useful*

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Duck fan saying Oregon isnt really looking at him is kinda like the guy whos been caught cheating with his secretary a few times telling his wife hes not really considering hiring that young girl who came in to interview . lol

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Duck fan saying Oregon isnt really looking at him is kinda like the guy whos been caught cheating with his secretary a few times telling his wife hes not really considering hiring that young girl who came in to interview . lol
you think it was more of Helfrich sayin we want you to come here or more of Barnett saying I want to come up there. With what Herbert has been doing the last few weeks I have a hard time believing Oregon is actually going after him.
Also you analogy doesn't make sense.