• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now. It's not that hard. For two straight years the ducks have picked a QB from another program rather than start the season with their own guy. So saying he's going to visit but the Ducks aren't interested is like a guy whos cheated with his previous secretarys telling his wife he really doesn't want to hire the hot young girl whos applying. See, not so hard.
I don't think he fits your system though. he's a very tall kid but not close to MM in running ability. Do you think they would go another direction with the system?
Lots of kids take official visits to programs and never get an offer.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fifth_place_trophy.jpg

THAT"S MY trophy cotdamit! And I want it!

1942beaver_rosebowlspread.jpg1942.jpg

Put'em back in leather and let them hit each other full speed I say.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah they are usually called high school recruits.
I guess being a Duck fan you think it's normal to get mid season visits from QBs from other colleges.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they are usually called high school recruits.
I guess being a Duck fan you think it's normal to get mid season visits from QBs from other colleges.
oh so those other transfers never visited other schools? nor do the JC transfers? got it.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also he played in like 3 games so basically the same thing as a hs recruit

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with 5 right now. some would say it's bs and not right as the other two contenders for 4 have losses, tOSU and the male cheerleader factory, but I still consider us in rarefied air right now. Stanford being meh and Oregon being hot garbage hurts our SOS right now. wins to USC and WSU will do the trick.

Week 9 and #5 in the CFP rankings? Luv it.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also he played in like 3 games so basically the same thing as a hs recruit

Ummm no. A HS recruit wont be a redshirt Sophmore like Barnett will be next season when he joins what ever team he picks .
It's been brought up how Oregon has handled the QB spot the last few years might make it hard for kids ( QBs) to go there. Now it looks like they have a kid they can maybe have start for a few years and now they flirt with Barnett.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm no. A HS recruit wont be a redshirt Sophmore like Barnett will be next season when he joins what ever team he picks .
It's been brought up how Oregon has handled the QB spot the last few years might make it hard for kids ( QBs) to go there. Now it looks like they have a kid they can maybe have start for a few years and now they flirt with Barnett.
You said that before but it hasn't stopped kids like Herbert and Wilson from picking Oregon.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said that before but it hasn't stopped kids like Herbert and Wilson from picking Oregon.

Montana State, Portland State,Northern Arizona were his other offers. A program with a Heisman winning QB just two years ago , recent trips to NCG . Looks like it stopped a lot of kids.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with 5 right now. some would say it's bs and not right as the other two contenders for 4 have losses, tOSU and the male cheerleader factory, but I still consider us in rarefied air right now. Stanford being meh and Oregon being hot garbage hurts our SOS right now. wins to USC and WSU will do the trick.

Week 9 and #5 in the CFP rankings? Luv it.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montana State, Portland State,Northern Arizona were his other offers. A program with a Heisman winning QB just two years ago , recent trips to NCG . Looks like it stopped a lot of kids.
yet he was still a 3* that was missed by others apparently.
Memphis was MM only other offer.
recruiting still looking the same to me compared to what it has been

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet he was still a 3* that was missed by others apparently.
Memphis was MM only other offer.
recruiting still looking the same to me compared to what it has been

You guys went after all the big names. Tua and the Martel kid among others. I'm just saying a program with as high as a national profile as the Ducks have and having a recent Heisman should.nt be reaching for hidden gems. It's great if you found a kid whos better than his offer sheet but I doubt they went out looking for a kid with a few offers from those kind of schools. It's more possible that they offered quite a few 5-4 star higher ranked kids and none took the offer.
Anyway, I'm curious how the oregon USC game will play out. USC has to eliminate the turnovers because the ducks have shown they can still score. The duck TE guaranteed a win.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duck TE guaranteed a win? Is that right? :laugh:

Losing hasn't taught them humility it would seem. :L

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coming out of high school...sure. However, if a team is bringing a kid in for an official visit, they are at least considering offering him a schollie.

Why would a team even have a kid who only has a season or 2 of eligibility left and is looking to transfer come for an official visit? Seems like a waste of time if they have no intention of making an offer.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB is a different slot than any other. You must go after as many as you can. Ducks wish they had more options the last couple of years. I'd throw as much at the wall as I could and see what sticks too if I was them.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB is a different slot than any other. You must go after as many as you can. Ducks wish they had more options the last couple of years. I'd throw as much at the wall as I could and see what sticks too if I was them.

Yeah but you gotta look at the situation. You either have an established QB and you're bringing in some one to give you more depth or you aren't happy with who you have and you bring in someone you think might be better. But you don't bring in someone whos got two years left and wants to be the starter and think it's not going to affect how the QBs already there are going to view it and how kids thinking of going there are going to see it. It's not like RB or WR or TE where you can play a few at a time . You're only going to play one guy unless theres an injury.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but you gotta look at the situation. You either have an established QB and you're bringing in some one to give you more depth or you aren't happy with who you have and you bring in someone you think might be better. But you don't bring in someone whos got two years left and wants to be the starter and think it's not going to affect how the QBs already there are going to view it and how kids thinking of going there are going to see it. It's not like RB or WR or TE where you can play a few at a time . You're only going to play one guy unless theres an injury.
The kids that are already there are already there. It's tougher to leave since you have to sit out to do so.

And competition is always a good thing. Let them think someone else is coming after their job. It's a great problem to have if you have more than one real option.

Carroll was notorious for bringing in as many options and putting them against each other as he could.