• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about the refs, Huskies owe me an apology for wearing fucking Purple. That is an eye sore seeing that gross shit.
Go walk down the side streets of the home of the Vikings and/or LSU and shout that really loud. I'll make sure your belongings are forwarded to your next of kin.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a positive note, none of this Pac 12 refs suck non sense, Robert Barber might have found a legal loophole and be back. I'm not a lawyer so I don't get the lingo but sounds like he might be able to play as early as the Cal game.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go walk down the side streets of the home of the Vikings and/or LSU and shout that really loud. I'll make sure your belongings are forwarded to your next of kin.

Eh, some gay folks from Minnesota and a bunch of Cajuns who you can't understand what they are saying.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o I only caught a couple of sentences and saw something about wanting others to admit when they get a gift or something. I just think that's entirely bullshit. And I feel that way no matter which side of the ref fuck up I'm on.
Well there you go Wiz, I never said anyone needs to admit anything.

In fact I thought it was funny that ESPN made a big deal out of it in the first place, remember I posted that right after the game?

If you read what I wrote, I said that Husky fans should just 'own' those penalties that were actually committed, IMO blaming the refs when the defense actually committed those penalties is really kind of just being a sore winner.

Just be happy, y'all got the win on the road vs a ranked team and you're still undefeated and in the playoff hunt!

I'd be ecstatic in that scenario, and wouldn't give a damn about any penalty either way!

:suds:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS Wiz, I can't say I'm sorry to hear the Seahawks got hosed today by the Refs! :dhd:

Even at 3-4, I believe the Rams are a game and a half game out of first place.

The NFC West is quickly becoming the NFC Worst once again.

Anybody's Division at this point.:yes:

Well, except the 49ers. :lol:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there you go Wiz, I never said anyone needs to admit anything.

In fact I thought it was funny that ESPN made a big deal out of it in the first place, remember I posted that right after the game?

If you read what I wrote, I said that Husky fans should just 'own' those penalties that were actually committed, IMO blaming the refs when the defense actually committed those penalties is really kind of just being a sore winner.

Just be happy, y'all got the win on the road vs a ranked team and you're still undefeated and in the playoff hunt!

I'd be ecstatic in that scenario, and wouldn't give a damn about any penalty either way!

Guess you didn't read what we said after that game then. Especially by me when you are directing those things at me. I clearly said we can't keep gifting the other team free sets of downs. I made no mentions of missed or bogus calls at all until someone else was bringing up bullshit and I'll give you one guess who that was.

It's a W and if you also read I gave credit to Utah more after that game than before it and said as much to several of their fans. The only negative thing I said about their team is their QB is not very good and they mostly agree. If they had a QB with a better arm they would be quite dangerous.

I'm done with this topic.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you didn't read what we said after that game then. Especially by me when you are directing those things at me. I clearly said we can't keep gifting the other team free sets of downs. I made no mentions of missed or bogus calls at all until someone else was bringing up bullshit and I'll give you one guess who that was.

It's a W and if you also read I gave credit to Utah more after that game than before it and said as much to several of their fans. The only negative thing I said about their team is their QB is not very good and they mostly agree. If they had a QB with a better arm they would be quite dangerous.

I'm done with this topic.
Good enough, like I've said before, I really like your coach, and some of yous ain't too bad either, so it's easy to see you guys do well!

Unlike my feelings for them Trojans.

Never easy to see them do well, just like some their fans is all.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good enough, like I've said before, I really like your coach, and some of yous ain't too bad either, so it's easy to see you guys do well!

Unlike my feelings for them Trojans.

Never easy to see them do well, just like some their fans is all.
And you know I can't ever see the Ducks do well. I mean I'm a bad fan for that and all. :whistle:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone tell the Vikings and the Huskys that Purple Reign is taken (Prince!). But..... at least the vikings are from Minnesota.lol

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone tell the Vikings and the Huskys that Purple Reign is taken (Prince!). But..... at least the vikings are from Minnesota.lol
Rain =/= reign

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother-in-law is a Vikings fan that stands 6'7" & around 350lbs on a good day.
Standing next to him most would probably fear whispering that, hell even thinking it! :lol:

Even myself, at 6'3" 250lbs feel dwarfed & light in the shorts standing next to him.

As a matter of fact, I have two other bothers-in-law, and I'm the little guy! :eek:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit. lol. It's still not original .
I'm just fucking with you guys but I just find it funny both re using it right after he died.
I've already said this, but purple reign was the name of the Huskies 1984 defense. This latest campaign is in reference to that throw back D.

So this was actually something kind of weak, but was done when Purple Rain first came out, not after his death.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already said this, but purple reign was the name of the Huskies 1984 defense. This latest campaign is in reference to that throw back D.

So this was actually something kind of weak, but was done when Purple Rain first came out, not after his death.

Yeah, but he just died and they are using it now. Bad timing. I doubt people know about them using it in 1984 .
At least its not the Purple People eaters.lol. I was a rams fan growing up. I hated those Bud Grant teams.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but he just died and they are using it now. Bad timing. I doubt people know about them using it in 1984 .
At least its not the Purple People eaters.lol. I was a rams fan growing up. I hated those Bud Grant teams.
I mean the actual campaign is 'let purple reign again'. That sort of implies a revisit doesn't it?

I can understand people that aren't long time UW fans thinking it's lame, but I was just giving you some of the background. I do believe the original purple reign was actually coined by fans and the local media, not the team themselves, but it sort of stuck. So no one got paid to change rain to reign lol. At least there's that.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the actual campaign is 'let purple reign again'. That sort of implies a revisit doesn't it?

I can understand people that aren't long time UW fans thinking it's lame, but I was just giving you some of the background. I do believe the original purple reign was actually coined by fans and the local media, not the team themselves, but it sort of stuck. So no one got paid to change rain to reign lol. At least there's that.

I"m not saying it's lame . USC had "the wild bunch" ( after the movie of the same name)in the late 60s and the Wild bunch 2 in 2002. I'm just saying Prince just died a few months back. It's just bad/weird/odd timing for Purple reign or Purple Reign again . Nothing more than that.I'm curious what other names team units have had over the years. Desert Swarm was cool.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always under the impression that the reason Prince liked/wore purple in the first place was he was a massive Vikings fan. He once got so pumped about a playoff win that he wrote the team a fight song. Obviously the purple thing grew and became part of his whole identity, but either way I'm pretty sure the NFL team can do whatever they want with the song.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m not saying it's lame . USC had "the wild bunch" ( after the movie of the same name)in the late 60s and the Wild bunch 2 in 2002. I'm just saying Prince just died a few months back. It's just bad/weird/odd timing for Purple reign or Purple Reign again . Nothing more than that.I'm curious what other names team units have had over the years. Desert Swarm was cool.
Well it wasn't a nickname per sey, but one of my favorites was the 'all I saw was purple' quote from Marinovich that rang out and was talked about the entire '90 season after UW thumped USC 31-0 early that year.

Good times. Good times.

P.S. Not really a fan of our current defenses self proclaimed nickname of the 'death row' defense.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon had the Gang Green defense in the mid 90s under Brooks. Because of Gang tackling and wearing green but also a play on gangrene the dying tissue thing.

and it also turned from football to Basketball where Oregon's head coach was Jerry Green and they turned the phrase to Green's Gang where they went 19-9 but were bounced in the first round of the tourney.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a couple quick shout outs
To Rice for being a worse overall defense than Oregon and keeping the Ducks out of 128.
La Monroe, NMSU, and Bowling Green for being worse at allowing points than Oregon.
The 11 teams with worse Run defenses and 6 with worse pass defense.