• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched Colorado enough to even see. Not impressed with Zona, Cal is so up and down. We just need 2 of 3 to make the AC awesome this year.
Don't be unimpressed with Zona, took UW overtime to beat them while the crowd roared "go for 2". Then who beat Oregon for their only loss, twice, not long ago? RR is dangerous. If you watched any of the games this weekend, any PAC 12 game, not singling out any particular one, you should know your BIG worry is the PAC 12 refs. Some of the posts hereon show the flagrant fowls they "missed". They decided at least two games this weekend IMO.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bad news for the Bruins, Josh Rosen still does not appear ready to return from the shoulder injury anytime soon.

The good news, the Bruins did not manage to lose another one possession game yesterday! :yes:
Mike, is he expected to return, just being a matter of time?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be unimpressed with Zona, took UW overtime to beat them while the crowd roared "go for 2". Then who beat Oregon for their only loss, twice, not long ago? RR is dangerous. If you watched any of the games this weekend, any PAC 12 game, not singling out any particular one, you should know your BIG worry is the PAC 12 refs. Some of the posts hereon show the flagrant fowls they "missed". They decided at least two games this weekend IMO.

If it were in Tucson I'd be concerned, but as of right now I'm already looking ahead to Cal.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was multiple fuckups by the refs that ended up gifting Utah scores in that game. Including a criminally bogus roughing the passer call late in the game that gave Utah 15 yds and a fresh set of downs, instead of 4th and having to punt. It was one of the worst calls of the year by the PAC refs.

I have 0 sympathy for Utah in this situation given how many score altering penalties they received that benefited them in that game. That game was nowhere near as close as the final score says. Williams was over throwing or under throwing his receivers all game long. To the point I would suggest he get an eye exam this week because whatever he's seeing out there, it's not based on reality. That PAC ref crew needs to report to one as well.
Did you look at AG's earlier post? That's UW with the purple and white uniforms

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in Corvallis right now and I'm concerned.

Nice comebacker wazzy and GL2U the rest of the way. I like Leach.

Thanks, best of luck to you guys too. That second half was just nuts. Your QB lost all accuracy.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WSU still has a tough road to reach the AC unscathed. Cal and Colorado are both going to give them all they can handle. Take a half off like they did against Oregon State in either of those and no chance they come back and win.

I am much more worried about the Huskies game against Cal, than I would be the Cougars playing Cal. The Bears are a much different team at home than they are on the road, and out of 3 road games this year the Huskies haven't played so great in 2 of them.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am much more worried about the Huskies game against Cal, than I would be the Cougars playing Cal. The Bears are a much different team at home than they are on the road, and out of 3 road games this year the Huskies haven't played so great in 2 of them.
Cal's D is nothing like Utah's and we are better suited against a passing team. Not saying we can't lose it, but it worries me far less than the Utah game did. It's just a better match up for us.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you look at AG's earlier post? That's UW with the purple and white uniforms
And? what does that have to do with anything regent said? :noidea: He said there were bad calls and missed calls all day, several of which handed Utah scores they wouldn't have otherwise earned. So at the end of the day it's not like that one play, whether or not you thought there were things that should have been called, were really the difference. View the game in total and the correct outcome happened.

So tired of refs always been a story in nearly every Pac12 game and a fair amount of the NFL ones as well. But that's the way this sport is anymore.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My early thoughts on the PAC 12 games next week:

UCLA at Colorado - Expect CU to win at home if Rosen isn't playing.

OSU at Stanford - Could be a closer game than people think. My guess is Stanford's defense gets it done.

Arizona at Wazzu - You never know what you're gonna get from Wazzu but Arizona is depleted with injuries and Wazzu is undefeated in the PAC. I'm picking Wazzu big.

Oregon at USC - Oregon should be able to score some points with Herbert at QB. Don't see them getting enough stops to win this game.

Washington at Cal - Don't expect this game to be close. Cal won't be able to stop the UW running attack.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike, is he expected to return, just being a matter of time?
Don't think Josh will be ready for Thursday Nights game in Colorado, but maybe he will be ready at home the following week vs the Beavers.

TBT - I'm more concerned about the Bruins offensive line woes. They have wasted away a year of production from Soso & Bolu, both of whom showed a lot promise last year as Freshman.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there were bad calls and missed calls all day, several of which handed Utah scores they wouldn't have otherwise earned.
I don't think the PF was a bad call, it was unfortunate for the Dawgs, but not a bad call. The ball was long gone when the Dubb defender took a full step before he wrapped up Williams and spun him to the ground. No real harm at all, but the extent of an injury on a stupid play by a defender like that can't be the measure of a personal foul or not.

And as far as those other penalties where the Husky defense gifted the Utes a new set of downs that resulted in TD's, well they deserved everyone of them, and they were certainly not on the PAC refs no matter how much any Dubb fan wants to cry about it.

Still, not one of those penalties resulted in immediate points like the 3 missed blocks in the back did on that punt return. The Huskies still had opportunities to get a stop and failed. The 3 missed blocks in the back calls didn't afford the Utes with the same measure of opportunity, right?

What's troubling, we all know, refs included, that there are likely penalties of holding, and blocks in the back that occur on punt returns. To miss one is fair, to miss two is bad, but to miss three, well it borders negligence, especially when it rewards the other team with the go ahead TD late in the game in the process.

So at the end of the day it's not like that one play, whether or not you thought there were things that should have been called, were really the difference.
What a crock of horseshit! :lol:

Why do fans of teams have such a hard time admitting they were gifted by the refs in scenarios like this?

I'm not stating the eventual outcome would have been any different, but in short it was the deciding difference, go ahead TD if you will.

Honestly think the outcome would have ended in favor of the Huskies because worse case scenario, if the refs picked up the first block in the back which happened at the 42, the Dawgs get the ball at the 32 with well over three minutes left to play. The way the Dawgs were able to move the ball on the Utes all day, I think the outcome would have ended with a win for Washington anyway.

I'm just saying, own it man!

All them first downs the Utes got on penalties that led to scores, were just costly mistakes committed by the Washington defense, and the PF too! :nod:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the PF was a bad call, it was unfortunate for the Dawgs, but not a bad call. The ball was long gone when the Dubb defender took a full step before he wrapped up Williams and spun him to the ground. No real harm at all, but the extent of an injury on a stupid play by a defender like that can't be the measure of a personal foul or not.

And as far as those other penalties where the Husky defense gifted the Utes a new set of downs that resulted in TD's, well they deserved everyone of them, and they were certainly not on the PAC refs no matter how much any Dubb fan wants to cry about it.

Still, not one of those penalties resulted in immediate points like the 3 missed blocks in the back did on that punt return. The Huskies still had opportunities to get a stop and failed. The 3 missed blocks in the back calls didn't afford the Utes with the same measure of opportunity, right?

What's troubling, we all know, refs included, that there are likely penalties of holding, and blocks in the back that occur on punt returns. To miss one is fair, to miss two is bad, but to miss three, well it borders negligence, especially when it rewards the other team with the go ahead TD late in the game in the process.

What a crock of horseshit! :lol:

Why do fans of teams have such a hard time admitting they were gifted by the refs in scenarios like this?

I'm not stating the eventual outcome would have been any different, but in short it was the deciding difference, go ahead TD if you will.

Honestly think the outcome would have ended in favor of the Huskies because worse case scenario, if the refs picked up the first block in the back which happened at the 42, the Dawgs get the ball at the 32 with well over three minutes left to play. The way the Dawgs were able to move the ball on the Utes all day, I think the outcome would have ended with a win for Washington anyway.

I'm just saying, own it man!

All them first downs the Utes got on penalties that led to scores, were just costly mistakes committed by the Washington defense, and the PF too! :nod:
Jesus, not reading all of that.
You have some kind of case of the ass I see and I'm not shocked by that. Don't really give a fuck what you think. Shit was missed both ways/or bad calls both ways. And in the end we came out on top. I don't owe anyone a fucking apology and none will be given.

Deal with it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me put it to you this way, The Seahawks today got royally shafted by the refs and seriously were a factor in them losing. No Saints fan owes us any apology or any sort of acknowledgement. Just take the W and move on. Who gives a fucking rip what everyone else says or bitches about any outcome?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They kinda made up for it in that 3rd one though. :heh:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, not reading all of that.
You have some kind of case of the ass I see and I'm not shocked by that. Don't really give a fuck what you think. Shit was missed both ways/or bad calls both ways. And in the end we came out on top. I don't owe anyone a fucking apology and none will be given.

Deal with it.
:lol: @WizardHawk.

States he didn't read my post, then states I have 'a case of the ass', he somehow apparently sees.:pound:

Dude, I just don't agree that those flags you guys got called on were bad.

And to be honest, I really don't care whether you 'give a fuck' what I think or not.

Hey, weren't you just calling me 'sensitive' the other day. :dhd:

Jimmies fully rustled and I never remotely had that sort of intention.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just take the W and move on. Who gives a fucking rip what everyone else says or bitches about any outcome?
That's my point and if you cared to read my entire post maybe you would have realized that.

Y'all won in spite of the penalties called or not called, and probably would have won anyway if they called a block in the back on that return TD.

And of course no one is expecting or even suggested an apology. That's just stupid, but bitching about fair enough penalties that your team deserved in a winning effort was the reason for the reply.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about the refs, Huskies owe me an apology for wearing fucking Purple. That is an eye sore seeing that gross shit.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @WizardHawk.

States he didn't read my post, then states I have 'a case of the ass', he somehow apparently sees.:pound:

Dude, I just don't agree that those flags you guys got called on were bad.

And to be honest, I really don't care whether you 'give a fuck' what I think or not.

Hey, weren't you just calling me 'sensitive' the other day. :dhd:

Jimmies fully rustled and I never remotely had that sort of intention.
So, you write some kind of diatribe so deep with all kinds of bitching about whatever and want to insinuate I'm the one being sensitive? :lol: And no, I didn't read it. I was on my phone and long posts are a real bitch to read on them. Or maybe it's just my old eyes. By the time you zoom in and move it back and forth it's a headache to read it. So I only caught a couple of sentences and saw something about wanting others to admit when they get a gift or something. I just think that's entirely bullshit. And I feel that way no matter which side of the ref fuck up I'm on.

Seahawks got hosed in SB 40. Everyone in the entire country agreed, well outside of Pittsburgh. And I wasn't one crying over it. I said then, and have ALWAYS said you have to get enough of a lead in any/all football games to beat your opponent and the refs. Bad calls/blown calls are a part of the game and no team is without being on both sides of it.

I can understand Utah fans having a bad taste in their mouths over the what ifs, just like Seahawk fans are feeling that way today after our game. And yet I don't expect Saints fans to care or feel bad or acknowledge some gift factor. It's a W on the board.

As for other missed/bad calls in our game if you really want me to give you a list of them I can. Sure, there were valid ones as well and no one suggested otherwise. Victor and Wooching both did stupid shit that lead to Utah points. If you really want to believe there wasn't ANY missed calls the other way I'll have to find an intro course into modern football for you to watch. This is our football today.