• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Utah will be playing on emotion at home. If they can keep it close at half time they will be pumped for the rest of the game and could pull it off. If it was on a neutral field the Huskys would roll IMO. After watching USC the past four games, they can beat the Huskys if they weren't playing so sloppy sometimes. So if they self destruct ( penalties/turnovers) in the first quarter look for the Huskys to get a lead and hold it. I think USC can score with Darnold running the offense it's a just a matter if USCs DBs can hold the Husky passing game in check. Right now I'd give USC a decent shot but the Huskys should be favored by about a TD.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Ain't that the truth, and exactly what Wiz was saying earlier.

I just don't see it.

I'd imagine if it came down to one of those two as the speed bump, I'd give it to Cal since that game is at Berkeley!
I agree, and it'd be the most depressing of all of them...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Bruins still bring in a JuCo QB at this point? :noidea:
Serious question though, does anyone know the answer?

If they can, why don't they get a transfer to close out the season in case of injury to Mike Fafaul?

This Bruins season is a bust.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they can, why don't they get a transfer to close out the season in case of injury to Mike Fafaul?

Pretty sure that's not an option. I've never heard of someone transferring mid season.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that's not an option. I've never heard of someone transferring mid season.
I'd put the punter in if Josh or Mike couldn't go before burning the True Freshman's red shirt year at this point.

Hell, run the Wild Cat with Soso even, give them offensive linemen a chance at learning how to run block no matter what the outcome.

Why burn the red shirt year at this point?

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe there is a rule that state you have to be enrolled full-time for a regular term (fall or spring semester, fall, winter, or spring quarter) and present at the school on the first day of classes for that term.

Not sure if there are other rules that would apply.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, on the road so copy paste isn't an option.
Like the others the Apple cup is the most scary of the games left. Road game against a team that won't fear you. I'd have USC maybe slightly above Utah in danger, but close.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put the punter in if Josh or Mike couldn't go before burning the True Freshman's red shirt year at this point.

Hell, run the Wild Cat with Soso even, give them offensive linemen a chance at learning how to run block no matter what the outcome.

Why burn the red shirt year at this point?
That would suck. I'd say it'd be great experience, but that's really only relevant if he might be the guy next year, obviously that's not the plan. They should really avoid it.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, on the road so copy paste isn't an option.
Like the others the Apple cup is the most scary of the games left. Road game against a team that won't fear you. I'd have USC maybe slightly above Utah in danger, but close.
Hey, eyes on the road, you crazy bastard.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would suck. I'd say it'd be great experience, but that's really only relevant if he might be the guy next year, obviously that's not the plan. They should really avoid it.
Well the Bruins have more options at QB then Rosen, Fafual and Modster but those are the No 1, 2 and 3 QB's, and right now Modster is the backup QB.

If Fafaul goes down, Rosen can hand the ball off for a play or two if Mike gets the wind knocked out of him. (Almost wrote, if he gets his bell rung, but we know now that that is a worse case scenario)

I just hope the Bruins are getting a guy like Matt Lynch ready so they can keep Modster's red shirt year in tact.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for confidence, don't mistake that for arrogance. There is no one up here from our base with an OD like view that there is a zero percent chance in any remaining game ending in a loss. We just like our chances based on what we have seen.

This game is all about the match ups. You have the 5 main parts: Run offense, Pass offense, Run defense, Pass defense, and special teams.

Of those 5 special teams are the only thing I'd give to Utah right now over UW with their run offense/our run defense being only slightly in our favor and everything else a landslide.

Let's talk about the 3 Williams -
Joe - Ran up a lot of yards on a UCLA team not really suited to stopping him. They have one guy on the line over 300lbs while UW has several. UW also has some very gifted LB's that aren't as likely to give up as many explosive plays. He will get some yards, but I'm not buying it's over 200 like his last two games and they will need that to win.
Troy - Around 50% completion in last 4 games and has barely more TD's than Ints. Not a lot of depth to throw to and guys are dropping balls when he does get it to them. He's probably more of a threat on the ground than through the air. That's going to play into the defense.
Marcus - Maybe the most important one that no one is talking about. Their star safety that didn't play last week and is likely out this week. UW features the top WR tandem in the country. Calm your jets USC fans, I said TANDEM. The pair of our outside receivers leads the country in productivity. It's not one guy, it's fully two. This Williams' absence could be huge.

Utah has 6 sacks in 5 conference games and despite UCLA throwing it like 70 times last week only added two in the game. If they weren't rushing the QB against those other Pac O lines, I really love our chances of giving Browning a clean pocket much of the night. And if you give him time with those weapons he's lights out. This is really the key match up for me.

I think Utah makes some plays on special teams and possibly even a score off a turnover somewhere. Further, I can see them punting a few more times than normal with the MUSS bringing the noise and a few offensive gaffs because of it. At the end of the day I just think the UW offense is strong enough to overcome that adversity and that defense is just going to dominate enough to get this W. I had this game 31-20 all week and I'm sticking to those numbers.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in the parking lot of a local store. I don't post while driving.
Good for you Wiz!

A friend from work lost his daughter when she rolled her truck on the way to school a few years back as a result of texting and driving. If you've seen the thumb band 'DON'T TEXT and DRIVE' it's probably related.

My friend, and his wife made it their life's mission to send the message to High School aged kids to never text and drive.

RIP Alex Brown.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for giggles, if UW rolls Utah I want one of their guys in post game saying something to affect of "Troy put up SEC or B1G numbers"