• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his ankles keep him out for lets say 6 games . Thats way above what any coach would suspend a player for something that wasn't even criminal (at this point). Winston wont miss a game for stealing , most players miss a game or two at most for a DUI.
Players come back from being in fights. Like Boise State player Jason Robinson who in May of 2010 was ordered to spend 180 days in jail and pay at least $29,000 in restitution for breaking another man's jaw during a fight at a downtown bar.
And how many games did Jason play in 2010 after this happened? He played in 10. He missed 2 (two , Dos) games under what coach? Chris Peterson. You were saying? Or do you have selective moral outrage?

Wait, so now I'm supposed to find some kind of outrage for something our coach did years ago while with another team because I said any suspension now is largely for show as he can't play anyway? :L

:lol:

You USC folks are a funny lot. No question about that.

I will admit, that just knowing you went and spent time looking for that data as a 'gotcha' for something entirely irrelevant did give me a chuckle. Feel free to spend time researching other unrelated bits of history.

And yet it's me making too much of this? :pound: Some of you are quite overreacting to what were simple statements. I've not actually called for NCAA sanctions over my assertion that this suspension is all for show. You can all come back away from the cliff now lol.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark in his office today as the secretary keeps paging him saying another member of the LA sports media is on the phone.

:drink:

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anthony Brown quit the USC football team today and claimed Sark was racist.

And I thought I would miss Kiffin...

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have to change my pick to Fresno. Not liking the vibe at USC. What a week

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news keeps rolling in for USC:

USC RB Anthony Brown accuses HC Steve Sarkisian of being a Racist. Quits team.

"He treated me like a slave".

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like someone was upset he wasn't higher on the depth chart? :noidea:

Racist? :lol: Sark is many things, but that's a business over there and there is no way you can run a football program and be racist these days.

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You would think that but just last season there was an NBA owner who was accused of being racist.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said you didn't. My point is that this is nothing more than a kid who hurt himself doing something stupid and then did something stupider to cover it up. As far as we know, nothing criminal is involved.

From all accounts, Josh Shaw has been a good leader and an honest kid. I don't see any extra reason to be pissed. If he had continued to stick to his story and dragged this thing out for a couple of weeks and/or USC hadn't jumped on this as soon as they started receiving calls questioning his story, then I'd be pissed.

As for the suspension, the high ankle sprains are supposed to take something like 4-6 weeks to heal. What do you think should happen? Suspend for the season over a stupid mistake that doesn't appear to involve anything criminal?

He is currently suspended from all team activities. I'm sure that he's probably had what it will take to earn his way back laid out for him and it'll be up to him to comply. It's also likely that his suspension could change if it's determined that he was involved in something criminal.

*EDIT* I also expect that once his ankles are healed enough, he will be spending some quality time with the strength and conditioning coach. :lol:

Yes, exactly, just a stupid mistake. Two high ankle sprains are punishment enough for whatever he did. Hope he heals well and fully and is able to return to his team ASAP.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You failed to see the 4D20 reference wasn't suggesting anything about you, it was picking on him?

You need to take your over sensitive skirt off and put some damned pants on. :lol:

I knew exactly what it was, but the that was the only way that I could think of to fit in my post.:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, exactly, just a stupid mistake. Two high ankle sprains are punishment enough for whatever he did. Hope he heals well and fully and is able to return to his team ASAP.

Agree that it was just a stupid mistake, but he needs more than 2 ankle sprains as punishment. I think him being suspended from all team activities, with an opportunity to earn his way back, is fair. He violated the trust of his teammates and coaches and should have to earn his way back.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like someone was upset he wasn't higher on the depth chart? :noidea:

Racist? :lol: Sark is many things, but that's a business over there and there is no way you can run a football program and be racist these days.

Sounds like Mr. Brown may have a few other issues. He was a cornerback for his 1st three seasons and where he has started in 6 games. Wanted to switch to running back (a position where we actually have some depth), hyperextended his elbow and found himself 6th on the depth chart at a position he hasn't played at USC.

Yep, sounds like racism to me.:lol:

I liked Antwaun Woods response to that: "Coach Sark is a great person/Coach. Please disregard comments that have been made by someone".

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, so now I'm supposed to find some kind of outrage for something our coach did years ago while with another team because I said any suspension now is largely for show as he can't play anyway? :L

:lol:

You USC folks are a funny lot. No question about that.

I will admit, that just knowing you went and spent time looking for that data as a 'gotcha' for something entirely irrelevant did give me a chuckle. Feel free to spend time researching other unrelated bits of history.

And yet it's me making too much of this? :pound: Some of you are quite overreacting to what were simple statements. I've not actually called for NCAA sanctions over my assertion that this suspension is all for show. You can all come back away from the cliff now lol.

Ohhhhhh . I see how it is. Sark is soft on crime because of how he handled players in trouble at Washington. But Peterson , well what he did at Boise doesn't matter. Have you always been hypocritical or is this new for you?
By the way. Chris Peterson suspends player at Boise and hit send on Google took seconds.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't want cha some Ka'deem? Hell put him in a Bruins uni... :lol:

Funny you mention that, lol. I had three pics I was deciding between and the other two were of Ka'deem. Also thought about Nick Foles but decided to go with the Zona Zoo! :suds:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading down to the Dirty T tomorrow for the game against UNLV. Gonna be a great environment. Grill some meat, down some brews and get loud! BEAR DOWN

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhhhh . I see how it is. Sark is soft on crime because of how he handled players in trouble at Washington. But Peterson , well what he did at Boise doesn't matter. Have you always been hypocritical or is this new for you?
By the way. Chris Peterson suspends player at Boise and hit send on Google took seconds.

If I had said any such thing maybe, but your entire rant here is completely irrelevant because I've said no such thing. I have no idea what situation you googled and really didn't pay any attention to it when you brought it up, but if he should have done something more then so be it.

Sark? Don't have to look at how he did things at a mid-major do we? We have his full record of handling things as a HC in the Pac already.

Pete? Sure, try to tell me he is worse than Sark. I dare you to bring up more and get into that war. Flat out fucking dare you. Petersen starts by suspending his presumptive starting QB for the entire spring AND the opening game just for being with Stringfellow after the superbowl where string knocked a chick down and attacked a couple of Seahawk fans. Miles was never accused or charged with ANY of it and STILL was suspended. Yeah, that's soft isn't it. :lol:

Just a week ago one player was dismissed from the team and another put on indefinite suspension for undisclosed violations of team rules. So they managed to keep whatever they were out of the spotlight and just between them and the student athlete, the way it SHOULD be. Sure sounds soft to me. :whistle:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday:
Washington State -8 1/2

Arizona State -37 1/2

Utah -28 1/2

Friday:

Colorado

Arizona -24 1/2

Saturday

Virginia +21 1/2

California

Oregon -52 1/2

Hawaii +17 1/2

Oregon State -28 1/2

Stanford - 30 1/2

Game of the Week (2 points) pick final score:

Fresno State

SC 27 Fresno 23

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you mention that, lol. I had three pics I was deciding between and the other two were of Ka'deem. Also thought about Nick Foles but decided to go with the Zona Zoo! :suds:

Ka'deem was the man!! He was fun to watch.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had said any such thing maybe, but your entire rant here is completely irrelevant because I've said no such thing. I have no idea what situation you googled and really didn't pay any attention to it when you brought it up, but if he should have done something more then so be it.

Sark? Don't have to look at how he did things at a mid-major do we? We have his full record of handling things as a HC in the Pac already.

Pete? Sure, try to tell me he is worse than Sark. I dare you to bring up more and get into that war. Flat out fucking dare you. Petersen starts by suspending his presumptive starting QB for the entire spring AND the opening game just for being with Stringfellow after the superbowl where string knocked a chick down and attacked a couple of Seahawk fans. Miles was never accused or charged with ANY of it and STILL was suspended. Yeah, that's soft isn't it. :lol:

Just a week ago one player was dismissed from the team and another put on indefinite suspension for undisclosed violations of team rules. So they managed to keep whatever they were out of the spotlight and just between them and the student athlete, the way it SHOULD be. Sure sounds soft to me. :whistle:

Oh , so Peterson giving a player two games off after he was arrested sent to jail for breaking the jaw of a guy in a fight and having to pay restitution can be explained away because it was at a "mid major". LOL.
But it's ok to go back and see how Sark punished players because it was at a Pac school. Nice .Hypocritical and an idiot.LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.