• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac 12 play week one. *is fav

Rutgers @ *Washington State -8 1/2

Weber State @ *Arizona State -37 1/2

Idaho State @ *Utah -28 1/2
Friday:

Colorado vs *Colorado ST +2 1/2 (in Denver)

UNLV @ *Arizona -24 1/2

Saturday

*UCLA @ Virginia +21 1/2

California @ *Northwestern -11 1/2

South Dakota @ *Oregon -52 1/2

*Washington @ Hawaii +17 1/2

Portland State @ *Oregon State -28 1/2

UC Davis @ *Stanford - 30 1/2

Game of the Week (2 points) pick final score:

*Fresno State @ Southern Cal -22 1/2

FS 21 USC 33
Can y'all just bold your pick? :noidea:

Someone's got to tabulate this shit. Let's not make it tougher than it already is....:L

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dump on them when they are on UW too. Didn't you read the trashing I gave ASJ, Miles, and Stringfellow? Don't even get me started on Jeremy Stevens or Venoy Overton.

I was specifically asking if any of your fans that first posted about how proud you were of him have any extra reason to be pissed.

Oh, and I was serious that Shaw's suspension will last as long as his injury does. Sark is Sark. I was pissed about his lack of discipline in dealing with these things the entire time he was here.

Never said you didn't. My point is that this is nothing more than a kid who hurt himself doing something stupid and then did something stupider to cover it up. As far as we know, nothing criminal is involved.

From all accounts, Josh Shaw has been a good leader and an honest kid. I don't see any extra reason to be pissed. If he had continued to stick to his story and dragged this thing out for a couple of weeks and/or USC hadn't jumped on this as soon as they started receiving calls questioning his story, then I'd be pissed.

As for the suspension, the high ankle sprains are supposed to take something like 4-6 weeks to heal. What do you think should happen? Suspend for the season over a stupid mistake that doesn't appear to involve anything criminal?

He is currently suspended from all team activities. I'm sure that he's probably had what it will take to earn his way back laid out for him and it'll be up to him to comply. It's also likely that his suspension could change if it's determined that he was involved in something criminal.

*EDIT* I also expect that once his ankles are healed enough, he will be spending some quality time with the strength and conditioning coach. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey tf, lost in the lie was some details. How the heck did he bust up both of his ankles? :noidea:

Have you heard or do you have any clue?

The only thing being said is that it was "a fall from a balcony". Seems the only question right now is whether it was his girlfriends balcony or his cousins balcony. The girlfriends balcony seems more likely at this time.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something the UCLA defense will be doing all season I spose, counting high numbers that is.:yahoo:
:lol:

I suppose we'll have to wait and see, I hope you're wrong bout that.

I do think the Beavs will be tabulating some high offensive passing numbers this year.

Your boy Mannion is set for a stellar year!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing being said is that it was "a fall from a balcony". Seems the only question right now is whether it was his girlfriends balcony or his cousins balcony. The girlfriends balcony seems more likely at this time.
Well you know how that goes tf.
That turns into ...'He was cheating on his girlfriend with his cousin before he jumped from the balcony' :lol:

People twist these things no matter what.

Probably just worried about losing his scholly for doing something stupid that busted up his ankles.

Nothing more to see here....

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can y'all just bold your pick? :noidea:

Someone's got to tabulate this shit. Let's not make it tougher than it already is....:L

I have to use * also. It takes forever bolding on certain phones.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said you didn't. My point is that this is nothing more than a kid who hurt himself doing something stupid and then did something stupider to cover it up. As far as we know, nothing criminal is involved.

From all accounts, Josh Shaw has been a good leader and an honest kid. I don't see any extra reason to be pissed. If he had continued to stick to his story and dragged this thing out for a couple of weeks and/or USC hadn't jumped on this as soon as they started receiving calls questioning his story, then I'd be pissed.

As for the suspension, the high ankle sprains are supposed to take something like 4-6 weeks to heal. What do you think should happen? Suspend for the season over a stupid mistake that doesn't appear to involve anything criminal?

He is currently suspended from all team activities. I'm sure that he's probably had what it will take to earn his way back laid out for him and it'll be up to him to comply. It's also likely that his suspension could change if it's determined that he was involved in something criminal.

*EDIT* I also expect that once his ankles are healed enough, he will be spending some quality time with the strength and conditioning coach. :lol:
We have heard Sark's "We need to support and help this young man learn from this" stuff for years and watched him slap kids on the wrist.

If his injury is going to far surpass what you believe to be a fair suspension, then why do so at all? What is he losing out on being suspended now while injured vs nothing happening? Seems to me its their attempt to look like they are tough on things.

Yeah, I'm totally biased against Sark on these, but everyone will tell you I bitched about his lack of discipline, for kids both on and off the field, for 5 years. It's nice to now be able to do so when it's not my own program at stake. :nod:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to use * also. It takes forever bolding on certain phones.

In that case it would be far better to simply delete the team you aren't taking and just put up the winners for each. Vita is right that * makes it more likely to make a mistake if you are trying to bang these out quickly. Either bold or just put winner only on each game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you know how that goes tf.
That turns into ...'He was cheating on his girlfriend with his cousin before he jumped from the balcony' :lol:

People twist these things no matter what.

Probably just worried about losing his scholly for doing something stupid that busted up his ankles.

Nothing more to see here....

What do you think this is? The SEC?:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have heard Sark's "We need to support and help this young man learn from this" stuff for years and watched him slap kids on the wrist.

If his injury is going to far surpass what you believe to be a fair suspension, then why do so at all? What is he losing out on being suspended now while injured vs nothing happening? Seems to me its their attempt to look like they are tough on things.

Yeah, I'm totally biased against Sark on these, but everyone will tell you I bitched about his lack of discipline, for kids both on and off the field, for 5 years. It's nice to now be able to do so when it's not my own program at stake. :nod:

You're trying too hard with your "faux moral outrage" here. I really don't care how Sark handled things at Washington. I only care about how he handles things at USC. I have no complaints so far. The UW job was Sark's first as a head coach and I'm sure he made mistakes. Hopefully, he learned from those mistakes and will apply them at USC.

Also, are you familiar with the term "suspended from all team activities"? There are many team related activities that he would still be involved in, even while injured and especially as a team leader and captain. He is not allowed at any of them.

He's going to have to not only earn his way back to the team, but he's also going to have to earn back the trust of his teammates and coaches.

If it turns out that he was involved in something criminal, then my position may change to reflect that. Until then, I have no issue with how it's being handled so far.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, is it selective moral outrage to point out I didn't like how he handled things and say I'm glad he's not doing it for our program anymore? What part of that is outrage exactly? :L

Your spin won't work here mister.

So he misses a few team dinners as well as every practice, game, and workout. :lol: :doh:

That doesn't change that is is largely show. If the kid didn't do anymore than lie to the coach and it doesn't deserve much attention then this faux suspension is for show. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, is it selective moral outrage to point out I didn't like how he handled things and say I'm glad he's not doing it for our program anymore? What part of that is outrage exactly? :L

So he misses a few team dinners as well as every practice, game, and workout. :lol: :doh:

That doesn't change that is is largely show. If the kid didn't do anymore than lie to the coach and it doesn't deserve much attention then this faux suspension is for show. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Too bad we don't need me to spin anything. You've already admitted to your Sark bias and your the only one not laughing about this and trying to act like it's a bigger deal than it is.

No spin is necessary when you make things so obvious.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's obvious here is you want to make my words mean more than what was actually said and unlike 4D20 I'm neither going to let you get away with it, nor go running home with my tail between my legs simply because you do so.

:suds:

I've said nothing of any moral indignation. I simply commented that I'm happy this stuff is going over there now and not over here. Seems everyone is happy so what's the problem?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's obvious here is you want to make my words mean more than what was actually said and unlike 4D20 I'm neither going to let you get away with it, nor go running home with my tail between my legs simply because you do so.

:suds:

I've said nothing of any moral indignation. I simply commented that I'm happy this stuff is going over there now and not over here. Seems everyone is happy so what's the problem?

You are the only one questioning what his punishment is/will be. Everyone else is taking it for what it is and having fun with it.

And the only one comparing you to 4d20, is you.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday:

Rutgers @ Washington State -8 1/2

Weber State @ Arizona State -37 1/2

Idaho State @ Utah -28 1/2

Friday:

Colorado vs Colorado ST +2 1/2 (in Denver)

UNLV @ Arizona -24 1/2

Saturday

UCLA @ Virginia +21 1/2 (i pray i'm wrong)

California @ Northwestern -11 1/2

South Dakota @ Oregon -52 1/2

Washington @ Hawaii +17 1/2

Portland State @ Oregon State -28 1/2

UC Davis @ Stanford - 30 1/2

Game of the Week (2 points) pick final score:

Fresno State @ Southern Cal -22 1/2

Fresno - 17
USC - 41

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is the normal and fair suspension for lying?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the only one questioning what his punishment is/will be. Everyone else is taking it for what it is and having fun with it.

And the only one comparing you to 4d20, is you.

You failed to see the 4D20 reference wasn't suggesting anything about you, it was picking on him?

You need to take your over sensitive skirt off and put some damned pants on. :lol:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If his ankles keep him out for lets say 6 games . Thats way above what any coach would suspend a player for something that wasn't even criminal (at this point). Winston wont miss a game for stealing , most players miss a game or two at most for a DUI.
Players come back from being in fights. Like Boise State player Jason Robinson who in May of 2010 was ordered to spend 180 days in jail and pay at least $29,000 in restitution for breaking another man's jaw during a fight at a downtown bar.
And how many games did Jason play in 2010 after this happened? He played in 10. He missed 2 (two , Dos) games under what coach? Chris Peterson. You were saying? Or do you have selective moral outrage?

Status
Not open for further replies.