• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough...

So what's your take on those predictions, maybe just comment on the final overall standings?

(I know wallace wont be happy :behindsofa:)

I have SC losing @ Arizona State, @ Notre Dame & @ Oregon with maybe only one home loss. :rolleyes2:

North
Oregon
Stanford
Oregon St.
Washington
Cal
Wazzou

South
USC
ASU
Arizona
UCLA
Utah
Colorado

USC over Oregon in CCG.

I see the top 4 teams in the PAC South as very interchangeable. If you asked me again tomorrow, I might have a different order. I have Utah as a dark horse that could easily slip into the top 4 and even win the South if the top 4 falter.

This is how close I see the South. I picked USC because 3 of the 4 most dangerous PAC South games are at home. I think we're the only one's that have that.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North
Oregon
Stanford
Oregon St.
Washington
Cal
Wazzou

South
USC
ASU
Arizona
UCLA
Utah
Colorado
Looking at the schedules... In the North, Stanford has a favorable in conference road schedule, facing SC, Oregon St, Washington St. & Colorado. That is sweet and I have them only losing to SC. For me, that home game v the Ducks was the difference in picking Stanford over Oregon in the North.

As for the South, when looking the North's top teams, I see only SC has the hardest in conference schedule of last year's top ranked South teams. Only SC & Colorado face both Stanford and Oregon this year & that has got to come into play.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North
Oregon
Stanford
Oregon St.
Washington
Cal
Wazzou

South
USC
ASU
Arizona
UCLA
Utah
Colorado

USC over Oregon in CCG.

I see the top 4 teams in the PAC South as very interchangeable. If you asked me again tomorrow, I might have a different order. I have Utah as a dark horse that could easily slip into the top 4 and even win the South if the top 4 falter.

This is how close I see the South. I picked USC because 3 of the 4 most dangerous PAC South games are at home. I think we're the only one's that have that.
Only 4? dont discount Utah

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4* LB Lamar Winston to Oregon

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 * CB Jared Mayden to Oregon

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 4? dont discount Utah

I have Utah as the dark horse. I could see them replacing any of the top 4 if they slip too much or even winning the South if they pull a couple of upsets.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-star LB LaMar Winston (Portland, OR) commits to Oregon.

4-star DB Jared Mayden (Sachse, TX) commits to Oregon

4-star LB Camilo Eifler (Oakland, CA) commits to Washington.

4-star DB C.J. Pollard (Gardena, CA) commits to USC. His dad played there so great legacy get.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Utah as the dark horse. I could see them replacing any of the top 4 if they slip too much or even winning the South if they pull a couple of upsets.
I think it comes down to Utah and USC for the south. and i think Utah has a slightly bette schedule.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it comes down to Utah and USC for the south. and i think Utah has a slightly bette schedule.
Don't put too much stock in dem Utes.

Of their five wins in conference, three were by a total of 9 points (2.3 & 4) and the other two were won in OT.

Really, they were one possession away, in each of those five conference wins, from matching Colorado's O-fer conference play of last year. :nod:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the South will ultimately come down to USC and ASU. However, 'Zona will have a lot to say about it and if UCLA can get some production from and/or compensate for having an inexperienced QB, they could end up winning it as well.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregons recruiting class just sky rocketed!!!! WOW!~

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't put too much stock in dem Utes.

Of their five wins in conference, three were by a total of 9 points (2.3 & 4) and the other two were won in OT.

Really, they were one possession away, in each of those five conference wins, from matching Colorado's O-fer conference play of last year. :nod:
You could say that about a few teams
USC had wins of 3, 2, 8
UCLA had wins by 2, 3 in OT, 10, and 10
what does that have to do with anything

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the South will ultimately come down to USC and ASU. However, 'Zona will have a lot to say about it and if UCLA can get some production from and/or compensate for having an inexperienced QB, they could end up winning it as well.
Utah with Wilson and Thompson whoever is the starter if they can stay healthy should be good but having the other as a back up isnt a bad thing.
Booker is a beast of a RB
and their def is usually solid.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah with Wilson and Thompson whoever is the starter if they can stay healthy should be good but having the other as a back up isnt a bad thing.
Booker is a beast of a RB
and their def is usually solid.

True. But the overall talent just isn't there yet. They're solid and aren't likely to beat themselves, but at the end of the day, I don't think they have the overall talent to win the South.

Kind of like I think Stanford will be this year. They'll be solid and if your Ducks slip up, they could win the North. Difference is, Utah needs 4 teams to slip up, where Stanford just needs Oregon to.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last true Freshman QB that I can recall that had a good year was your own Matt Barkley. As I remember, he had a pretty good team around him.

This is the same reason I think the Bruins go with Josh Rosen. They probably have one of the most talented teams I can remember outside of the QB position. They bring back 18 of 22 starters, the most experienced Oline squad in Div 1, the Conference's leading rusher in Paul Perkins and I think we will feature Soso as well, a pretty stout defense and return some top Conference performers on special teams.

Personally, I like U of A over dem Devils if I had to pick one of the desert schools. I think Solomon could have a breakout year however I wonder about talent depth with the Zona squad to take 'em over the top & on through the long haul.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last true Freshman QB that I can recall that had a good year was your own Matt Barkley. As I remember, he had a pretty good team around him.

This is the same reason I think the Bruins go with Josh Rosen. They probably have one of the most talented teams I can remember outside of the QB position. They bring back 18 of 22 starters, the most experienced Oline squad in Div 1, the Conference's leading rusher in Paul Perkins and I think we will feature Soso as well, a pretty stout defense and return some top Conference performers on special teams.

Personally, I like U of A over dem Devils if I had to pick one of the desert schools. I think Solomon could have a breakout year however I wonder about talent depth with the Zona squad to take 'em over the top & on through the long haul.

Barkley did have a good freshman year, but USC also only went 9-4 that year and he struggled a lot over the last few games of the season. I think he got a little worn down and the better teams were able to disguise defenses and he struggled with reads.

That's why I say they have to be able to compensate for him. The kid may be very good, but it's pretty much inevitable that he'll struggle at times. The key will be whether or not the Bruins can cover for him against the better teams.

The other thing working against him is that of UCLA's 5 toughest PAC games (USC, ASU, Uof A, Stanford and Utah) 4 of them are on the road.

The question about depth is why I have ASU over U of A.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could say that about a few teams
USC had wins of 3, 2, 8
UCLA had wins by 2, 3 in OT, 10, and 10
what does that have to do with anything
No you can't. I'm talking about every conference win the Utes had.

USC had conference wins of 14, 28 & 27.

UCLA had conference wins of 35, 10, 14 & 18.

Yes it's good to hit on a couple of wins and take some close ones but fortune rings your bell when you hit on 5 of 7 like the Utes did last year. That's just not a reliable way to winning the Division IMO and not something you can count on.

I will give you that its something you can build on but you need to take care of business and dominate from time to time if you have a realistic expectation of winning the Division.

There is just too much talent in the South to play it that close to the vest game in and game out.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you can't. I'm talking about every conference win the Utes had.

USC had conference wins of 14, 28 & 27.

UCLA had wins of 35, 10, 14 & 18.

Yes it's good to hit on a couple of wins and take some close ones but fortune rings your bell when you hit on 5 of 7 like they did last year. That's just not reliable way to winning the Division IMO and not something you can count on.

I will give you that its something you can build on but you need to take care of business and dominate from time to time if you have a realistic expectation of winning the Division.

There is just too much talent in the South to play it that close to the vest game in and game out.

As USC learned against ASU and Utah. :L

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As USC learned against ASU and Utah. :L
Exactly!

As did the Bruins in a 2 point loss to them very Utes.

That 2 point loss ended up costing UCLA the Division Title last year. A win there and they would have won the tiebreaker against U of A from H2H. All they needed to do was to come out with a little fire! :L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!

As did the Bruins in a 2 point loss to them very Utes.

That 2 point loss ended up costing UCLA the Division Title last year. A win there and they would have won the tiebreaker against U of A from H2H. All they needed to do was to come out with a little fire! :L

Yep and if USC wins vs. ASU and Utah, they win the PAC South even with the loss to UCLA.

Status
Not open for further replies.