• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt say football started 10 years ago its just a different game than it once was. the land scape isnt the same. not all the old powers are still the power teams. and not all the old doormats are still such. to say 1 team has an advantage over another because they beat them 10 out 10 in the 50's is rediculous.

Do you mean pre- and after-NIKE?

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now we are back on track.

scjim talking shit about oregon

NN blaming Nike for everything

husky fan not making any sense at all, talking about horses swimming and shit like that

Stanford fan being a nerd

oregon fans being awesome

thread back on track

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you know I love you guys right?

except for you husky fuckers

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF this thread is almost off of the front page? Where is everyone! Cal Sucks!

Are you at all worried about Cal this year? I think they are a sleeper team. I know they have a BRUTAL schedule, but I see them winning some games that people think they wont.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt say football started 10 years ago its just a different game than it once was. the land scape isnt the same. not all the old powers are still the power teams. and not all the old doormats are still such. to say 1 team has an advantage over another because they beat them 10 out 10 in the 50's is rediculous.

Its different why? Because Oregon has won a Rose Bowl or two? Now it's different?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You honestly going to tell me the game looks exactly the same as it did when my great grandpa was a kid? that the National title contenders are exactly the same?

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You honestly going to tell me the game looks exactly the same as it did when my great grandpa was a kid? that the National title contenders are exactly the same?
That depends. Do you believe in reincarnation?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

husky fan not making any sense at all, talking about horses swimming and shit like that

tf12 being by far the smartest, coolest poster on the Hoop

thread back on track

:fify:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ohio State won a championship looking like a team with a good offense and a great defense nothing new. Oregon still hasn't won a Championship. So yeah thinks look pretty much the same. The uniforms are shinier on some teams, the plays are different but other than that I don't see much difference since I started watching football. I know some of you Oregon fans think you invented football ten years ago but you didn't.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated final PAC standings predictions:

NORTH:
1. Oregon
2. Stanford
3. Washington
4. CAL
5. wazzu
6. ore state

SOUTH:
1. Arizona
2. USC
3. UCLA
4. Utah
5. ASU
6. Colorado

OREGON over Arizona in PAC title game.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State won a championship looking like a team with a good offense and a great defense nothing new. Oregon still hasn't won a Championship. So yeah thinks look pretty much the same. The uniforms are shinier on some teams, the plays are different but other than that I don't see much difference since I started watching football. I know some of you Oregon fans think you invented football ten years ago but you didn't.

Nobody thinks Oregon invented football. but even in my 35 years the game looks different now than it did back then. yes a lot of the basics are there but I guarantee my great grandpa woulndt think this is the same football he watched.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NORTH:
1. Oregon
2. Stanford
3. Washington
4. CAL
5. wazzu
6. ore state

SOUTH:
1. Arizona
2. USC
3. UCLA
4. Utah
5. ASU
6. Colorado

Cal and Utah should move up 1 spot.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody thinks Oregon invented football. but even in my 35 years the game looks different now than it did back then. yes a lot of the basics are there but I guarantee my great grandpa woulndt think this is the same football he watched.

You've missed my point. Many Oregon fans think the past ten years is when modern football started and that Oregon is on some higher level just because of these past ten years and the shiny uniforms. Yes, you've won a lot of games , you've beaten your rivals on a consistent basis and you've been the team to beat in the Pac. But it's only ten years and when it's all said and done you've won two Rose Bowl games and have no NC. I think USC has just as many if not more Rose Bowls and BCS game victories in the past ten years. In my opinion The bragging is way out of line for what you've actually won. Maybe you don't agree and that's your right. Like I said it's my opinion.
As far as the game looking different. I look at the recent champions Ohio State, Florida State, Auburn, Alabama. They didn't look that different to me. More pro style than what Oregon runs. Has the college game picked up some of the Oregon offense ? Yes I can't deny that. But what new England and what Seattle and what Ohio State ran are versions of spread with some run option but it's not the whole offense. Kapernick and RG3 are having to learn more pocket passing than passing QBs learning more option. QBs are more athletic that's for sure but even chip isn;t running his college offense yet .

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NORTH:
1. Oregon
2. Stanford
3. Washington
4. CAL
5. wazzu
6. ore state

SOUTH:
1. Arizona
2. USC
3. UCLA
4. Utah
5. ASU
6. Colorado

Hard to argue any different before the games start. I think Washington is too high. Not because I think the other three are better but because Washington has a tough schedule.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thread back on track

USC winning it all, then all will be right in the world

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NORTH:
1. Oregon
2. Stanford
3. Washington
4. CAL
5. wazzu
6. ore state

SOUTH:
1. Arizona
2. USC
3. UCLA
4. Utah
5. ASU
6. Colorado

Si has
USC 15 to 1
UO 20 to 1

to win, not play in but to win the NC

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've missed my point. Many Oregon fans think the past ten years is when modern football started and that Oregon is on some higher level just because of these past ten years and the shiny uniforms. Yes, you've won a lot of games , you've beaten your rivals on a consistent basis and you've been the team to beat in the Pac. But it's only ten years and when it's all said and done you've won two Rose Bowl games and have no NC. I think USC has just as many if not more Rose Bowls and BCS game victories in the past ten years. In my opinion The bragging is way out of line for what you've actually won. Maybe you don't agree and that's your right. Like I said it's my opinion.
As far as the game looking different. I look at the recent champions Ohio State, Florida State, Auburn, Alabama. They didn't look that different to me. More pro style than what Oregon runs. Has the college game picked up some of the Oregon offense ? Yes I can't deny that. But what new England and what Seattle and what Ohio State ran are versions of spread with some run option but it's not the whole offense. Kapernick and RG3 are having to learn more pocket passing than passing QBs learning more option. QBs are more athletic that's for sure but even chip isn;t running his college offense yet .

IF there is a big difference in the PAC in the past ten years the one thing most responsible is that the traditional power of the PAC has been dealing with severe and undeserved sanctions for much of that time.
(No, Beaver, not Nike; that was only second IMO).

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last 10 years are their most successful in a row but Oregon has been good for more than 10 years.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last 10 years are their most successful in a row but Oregon has been good for more than 10 years.

I don't want to go back to the leather helmet days (you don't want me to believe me). So since the formation of the Pac 10 (1978) till ten years ago Oregon had one 11 win season (2001) and one 10 win season (2000) only three 9 win seasons and five bowl wins . In 26 years thats it. A bunch of 5-6 and 6-5 seasons no Rose Bowl wins. So you've been good since 2000 and before then nada.
The team you guys like to crack on Washington if you go back to the formation of the Pac 10 they have four 9 win seasons, four 10 win seasons, two 11 win seasons one perfect 12-0 season (and a share of NC) four Rose Bowl wins and seven other bowl wins. So in other words the Huskies even with the past ten years have won more and been more relevant for many more years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.