• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could put that $60 to better use. Unless ESPN stops carrying dozens of games a week I would see no need for it. Most of the top games in the sport are on major networks anyway.

Not to mention a first year QB next season coming into Montlake, but I'm sure you saw no way Oregon would lose to Arizona last season either. On any given Saturday...

False i predicted that. Oregon had no run defense to speak of and Arizona had the best running back in the conference.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could put that $60 to better use. Unless ESPN stops carrying dozens of games a week I would see no need for it. Most of the top games in the sport are on major networks anyway.

Not to mention a first year QB next season coming into Montlake, but I'm sure you saw no way Oregon would lose to Arizona last season either. On any given Saturday...

Miles will be the starter after his "suspension". When he was "suspended" from the team, he was still being coached and working with the coaching staff on the playbook. They've known all along that he will be the starter and IMO he is the most qualified at this point and he arguably has more talent than any other QB on the roster currently.

Williams will probably be the #2 with Lindquist being #3. I think Troy Williams has a shot as a sleeper, but I think the coaching staff already knows that Miles will be the starter, otherwise they wouldn't have dedicated so many resources to him. Troy Williams has been impressive, but has less experience than Miles does going into the season.

One of the reasons I believe that the Huskies will do well this year is because I believe Miles will come in and immediately be an impact player for the team. Miles is a scumbag and I highly dislike him as a person, but I think he has an extremely bright future.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be so quick to assume Miles gets the keys after the Hawaii game. By all accounts Troy has been picking things up and has been impressing with his arm and his feet.

Miles has one more year experience, but now has less time with this staff and team.

If Troy has a spectacular game at Hawaii I don't see them changing QB's. I'm not sure if you have seen any film on Williams from his high school days or watched any of his practices, but he's legit as well.

What I do trust is this staff will put whoever gives them the most complete offense and chance to win at QB and I'm not going to complain either way.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be so quick to assume Miles gets the keys after the Hawaii game. By all accounts Troy has been picking things up and has been impressing with his arm and his feet.

Miles has one more year experience, but now has less time with this staff and team.

If Troy has a spectacular game at Hawaii I don't see them changing QB's. I'm not sure if you have seen any film on Williams from his high school days or watched any of his practices, but he's legit as well.

What I do trust is this staff will put whoever gives them the most complete offense and chance to win at QB and I'm not going to complain either way.

I believe in terms of natural talent the two are roughly on par, I like Troy Williams a lot, but Miles has more experience and I feel he will be the starter.

If Troy Williams has a spectacular game at Hawaii, it may be difficult for Petersen to switch QBs simply because he'd be killing momentum. But at the same time, he still might switch QBs because it is still just Hawaii.

I believe Miles will give them the best chance to win due to his experience, Williams will be a good QB, but I expect Miles to be the starter after the Hawaii game.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False i predicted that. Oregon had no run defense to speak of and Arizona had the best running back in the conference.

Wasn't Bishop S. from washington considered the best RB in the nation let alone the conference in 2013?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen will have the idea of whose the 2014 starter before the Hawaii game. That's going start firming up this week.

Unfortunately, Hawaii is a smoking crater these days of a program. It's in no way going to be an legit test of what the Huskies will be facing once they hit PAC play, but should provide real game situation experience for Williams and Lindquist. I expect that both QBs will get snaps that game.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First AP poll is out with a thread on the general board. Pretty similar to the coaches poll released about a week ago in where the PAC teams were placed.
tPAC reps are:

3) Oregon
7) UCLA
11) Stanford
15) USC
19) ASU
25) Washington :yes:

Nice to see the Huskies making both the preseason coaches and AP. We got a lot of work to do this year with the new coaching crew, but we have a solid shot at staying in the Top25 through the season. Huskies took that long overdue next step last season. With Petersen taking over, got to love the odds we don't move backwards and keep the momentum going.

Looks like another season where the PAC will be repping college football well. My money is on the PAC maxing out their bowl slots again and a few more hitting other bowls to fill their slots. 9 PAC teams went bowling last year.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen will have the idea of whose the 2014 starter before the Hawaii game. That's going start firming up this week.

Unfortunately, Hawaii is a smoking crater these days of a program. It's in no way going to be an legit test of what the Huskies will be facing once they hit PAC play, but should provide real game situation experience for Williams and Lindquist. I expect that both QBs will get snaps that game.

I wouldn't look past a home Rainbow team at all RD, easy to get distracted on Oahu. Local Boyz can't bite ya on the ass there. Same goes for the Beavers as well.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here it is. The Huskies 2014 hype video. The Chris Petersen era is here. Go DAWGS!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIrC7vq74Yg]Washington Huskies Football 2014 Hype Video - YouTube[/ame]

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid report from Sark re: my Trojans. With 2 weeks until the first game, he said that USC is "really close" to being game ready, though not quite there yet.

But I think we're getting closer by the day. I think our understanding of our schemes is light-years ahead of where we were in spring ball. I think our guys have a really good understanding of what we are trying to get done. I think our quarterbacks are really operating at a high level right now, which is important. And we're playing fast. That being said, there's still a lot for us to get cleaned up to get ready to play an actual football game.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't look past a home Rainbow team at all RD, easy to get distracted on Oahu. Local Boyz can't bite ya on the ass there. Same goes for the Beavers as well.

na Hawaii is pretty sad right now. even Colorado and Cal would pick up wins.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First AP poll is out with a thread on the general board. Pretty similar to the coaches poll released about a week ago in where the PAC teams were placed.
tPAC reps are:

3) Oregon
7) UCLA
11) Stanford
15) USC
19) ASU
25) Washington :yes:

Nice to see the Huskies making both the preseason coaches and AP. We got a lot of work to do this year with the new coaching crew, but we have a solid shot at staying in the Top25 through the season. Huskies took that long overdue next step last season. With Petersen taking over, got to love the odds we don't move backwards and keep the momentum going.

Looks like another season where the PAC will be repping college football well. My money is on the PAC maxing out their bowl slots again and a few more hitting other bowls to fill their slots. 9 PAC teams went bowling last year.

I can see UW finishing right about there just like last season 9 wins should be good for a 20-25 finish

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
na Hawaii is pretty sad right now. even Colorado and Cal would pick up wins.

Yeah, it's said that "strange things happen on the island", but it generally requires at least some talent for those "strange things" to produce an upset. Hawai'i just doesn't seem to have much talent these days.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know where those dream matchups threads are but I thought of one as I was reading through the preseason mags.
South Dakota Coyotes vs UTSA Roadrunners. :pound:

Status
Not open for further replies.