• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's less than 2 weeks before college football season begins. :yes:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Ricky Town took another step towards becoming a Trojan:

Ricky Town, one of the top high school quarterbacks in this year's recruiting class, signed financial-aid papers with USC on Sunday, which put him one step closer to joining the Trojans.
Town, from St. Bonaventure High in Ventura, announced the signing on his Twitter account. Signing an aid agreement does not legally bind Town to USC, but it's a clear indication that he intends to enroll at USC in January and thus be eligible to participate in spring football.
Town, considered one of the country's top 4 quarterbacks in this class, initially gave a commitment to Alabama, then switched to USC in January.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's less than 2 weeks before college football season begins. :yes:

And UW is likely still a week away from announcing who opens at QB for Hawaii. :L

I know this is likely still the battle for the backup going forward, but you know the old saying "If you have two QB's you have zero" is true here. Neither Williams nor Lindquist is getting any separation from the other which means neither is likely to keep Miles off the field going forward.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lindquist is starting to pull away as Williams has been throwing what seems like a lot of picks. If UW pulls off a big enough lead by the half, expect the other QB to get some playing time too.

Nice to have that luxury if ya can to evaluate during a real game.

While I want to see the UW start beefing up it's
OOC booking, this years is a real gift considering we got a new HC and new starting QB. Plenty of time to get the O and D better tuned before PAC play starts. And we're going to need it considering who comes to town first.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lindquist is starting to pull away as Williams has been throwing what seems like a lot of picks. If UW pulls off a big enough lead by the half, expect the other QB to get some playing time too.

OOC booking, this years is a real gift considering we got a new HC and new starting QB. Plenty of time to get the O and D better tuned before PAC play starts. And we're going to need it considering who comes to town first.

I'm not sure you learn much more going against Hawaii's D than you do a scrimmage at home. Yeah, real game and whatnot, but either could have a great game and not be even close to sharp enough for Stanford come conference play.

That's why the more I think about it, the more likely it is Miles gets the conch for Eastern no matter what the other two do against Hawaii. Just not nearly the kind of test you can use to make those kinds of decisions. Miles is going to have his chance to secure that spot for at least a couple of games.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure you learn much more going against Hawaii's D than you do a scrimmage at home. Yeah, real game and whatnot, but either could have a great game and not be even close to sharp enough for Stanford come conference play.

That's why the more I think about it, the more likely it is Miles gets the conch for Eastern no matter what the other two do against Hawaii. Just not nearly the kind of test you can use to make those kinds of decisions. Miles is going to have his chance to secure that spot for at least a couple of games.

Illinios is going to be a legit test. They aren't tOSU, but they aren't Indiana either.

Hawaii game isn't much, but it's still a challenge to fly all the way over there, play that humidity, and not F up. Will be great experience to work on the timing of the O and D.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illinios is going to be a legit test. They aren't tOSU, but they aren't Indiana either.

Hawaii game isn't much, but it's still a challenge to fly all the way over there, play that humidity, and not F up. Will be great experience to work on the timing of the O and D.

Yeah, that's why I said Miles will have two shots at it. Not much chance he can lose it no matter what he does against Eastern unless he just totally shits the bed and that isn't likely. He will get both Eastern and Illinois at the very minimum. I think everyone will be looking at that game as the real tune up to what we have for conference play. Anything short of a 20pt win and there will be some nerves going into Stanford. The game after Illinois won't mean much either. Far too much fluff this year. Hate that shit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Ricky Town took another step towards becoming a Trojan:

Are you going to be happy with a QB who clearly has poor decision skills?

:lol:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Lindquist is the starting QB we are going to be in trouble. Seen him play since he was back in High School and felt he was one of the most overrated QB prospects I've ever seen. He had natural tools, but his accuracy was terrible. He'd basically be a shittier version of Jake Locker.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he'll be our 2014 season starter, just talking about the UH game.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are all the PAC gomers?

Here's what I'm looking forward to this year, should be over/before (by) game9 as well.

Sean Mannion NEEDS only 1850 passing yards to become the "MAD BOMBER" of PAC passing history lore. The BEST COT DAM passer in the history of this fine Conference?

HELLO RECORD BOOKS as Mannion threw for 4500 last year. He will demolish the current record for decades to come.

WITH a running game, he will be even more dangerous tossin the rwak around the yard. No matter who his receivers are this year.
Just been lurking pretty much wallace..... and distracted a little more with the NFL.

tea.gif

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you going to be happy with a QB who clearly has poor decision skills?

:lol:

You mean first committing to Alabama and then switching to USC a cpl months after Kiff gets hired there. That kinda poor decision?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean first committing to Alabama and then switching to USC a cpl months after Kiff gets hired there. That kinda poor decision?

See there. Kiffin is still a great recruiter for USC.:lol:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Herbstreit Reveals College Football Playoff Predictions

Pete Roussel @ CoachingSearch.com ---Kirk Herbstreit says Alabama, UCLA, FSU, and Michigan State will be in the first ever college football playoff.

Herbstreit appeared on The Herd on ESPN with Colin Cowherd and revealed his predictions earlier today.

Cowherd didn’t reveal his playoff predictions but believes the Auburn Tigers will win the SEC.

If Alabama earns a spot in the college football playoff, the Crimson Tide will become only the sixth team in the last five years to finish in the Top 10 with a quarterback in his first year in a new offensive system.

A month ago, I predicted Clemson, Auburn, UCLA, and FSU to make the college football playoff.

Jim Mora's team seems to be a popular pick. Tim Brando and Danny Kanell have also predicted the Bruins to earn a spot.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox Sports releases it's PAC12 preview.

Some good stuff here and some bold picks. :thumb:

This year, we're eschewing traditional conference previews for more bite-size nuggets of information and insight.
Bruce Feldman and Stewart Mandel have spent the summer visiting teams and speaking with coaches around the country.
What you find below are byproducts of those conversations and their own opinions.

Pac-12 preview: New coaches, stars will shake up power structure in 2014 | FOX Sports

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-star OLB Kyler Manu (Pocatello, ID) has officially decommitted from BSU and committed to Washington.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox Sports releases it's PAC12 preview.

Some good stuff here and some bold picks. :thumb:

This year, we're eschewing traditional conference previews for more bite-size nuggets of information and insight.
Bruce Feldman and Stewart Mandel have spent the summer visiting teams and speaking with coaches around the country.
What you find below are byproducts of those conversations and their own opinions.

Pac-12 preview: New coaches, stars will shake up power structure in 2014 | FOX Sports

Well, I'm impressed with Mandel's logic for his pick of Oregon finishing third in the North: "Oregon's ten and eleven win season can't go on forever." Duh! He also picks a team who has lost their QB, RB and coach to win the North. Utah third in the South?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm impressed with Mandel's logic for his pick of Oregon finishing third in the North: "Oregon's ten and eleven win season can't go on forever." Duh! He also picks a team who has lost their QB, RB and coach to win the North. Utah third in the South?

He is in LALA land for sure.

He burned a big fat dooby before doing his picks I am thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.