• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put my predictions for the 2015 pac standings on the hoop a few months ago. I really feel that cal and osu will cause problems in the north. I got UW finishing last in the North, not just cuz I hate them, but they lost everyone on D and last years recruiting class was horrid. I think the Apple cup will be for the cellar. and that, my friend, is awesome

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot pass up the opportunity to use this AVI. it's just way too good

oregon has at least four of these, 2001 among others

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what FUCLA get to look forward to over the next few years:

Watch Green bitch handle FUCLA newbie Tavita Halaililo

Last edited by a moderator:

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot pass up the opportunity to use this AVI. it's just way too good

oregon has at least four of these, 2001 among others

Yes, Shaver, wear it well. Reminds everyone that you had two chances this decade to win a real one but blew it both times. Now you can brag about a governor who routes for both home teams, one side for the Beavers and one side for the Dicks, er, Ducks.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Shaver, wear it well. Reminds everyone that you had two chances this decade to win a real one but blew it both times. Now you can brag about a governor who routes for both home teams, one side for the Beavers and one side for the Dicks, er, Ducks.

well it's not the worst governor joke i have heard, but it's not good either.

politics in this state are as solid as a soup sandwich

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as if the news of Oregon couldn't get anymore weird this week..........

--Oregon St. Men's basketball team's airplane forced to return to LAX after scorpion bites female passenger.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as if the news of Oregon couldn't get anymore weird this week..........

--Oregon St. Men's basketball team's airplane forced to return to LAX after scorpion bites female passenger.

Guess cleaning the plane after each flight was the first thing to get axed in the budget.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats just crap coming from a fan of a team who hasnt been at that level since TV got color. There was nothing mythical about those Trojan teams. They were good. Real good. That unicorn would go well with your teddy bear and pusss err powder blue. Lol
No color in 1998?

That was a very good Bruins team and at 'that level'. I never said those USC teams weren't real good teams anyhow, like you are saying here about the 98' Bruins.

Don't fret none jim, I understand, when your argument is full of fluff, just change the topic like you did here... :pound:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No color in 1998?

That was a very good Bruins team and at 'that level'. I never said those USC teams weren't real good teams anyhow, like you are saying here about the 98' Bruins.

Don't fret none jim, I understand, when your argument is full of fluff, just change the topic like you did here... :pound:

1998?? I said "at that level" LOL. UCLA was 10-2 and lost the Rose Bowl game. Thats what you give me?? Not only is that no where near USC level that we were talking about you had to go back 17 years to give me that season. Freakin Lane Kiffen won ten on probation at USC lol.LOL. :pound:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No color in 1998?

BTW Cade McNown is a client of mine. lol

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1998?? I said "at that level" LOL. UCLA was 10-2 and lost the Rose Bowl game. Thats what you give me?? Not only is that no where near USC level that we were talking about you had to go back 17 years to give me that season. Freakin Lane Kiffen won ten on probation at USC lol.LOL. :pound:
jim, do you watch much college football outside of USC?

That year UCLA had their 8th consecutive win vs USC :rollseyes: and their 20th win in a row at 10-0 going into the final game of the season when the wheels fell off in an upset loss to Miami by 4 points.

Did Lane ever get 20 wins in a row?

Toledo did!

Anyway, a season finale win @ ranked Miami (Damn those coast to coast games, I know you feel me) had them in the National Championship Game that year, they were 10-0 going into the game v the Canes, so yes it was a very good team.

Instead they faced a damn good Wisconsin team in the Rose Bowl, also at 10-1 and despite scoring 76 points in their final two games, they still lost them both.

None the less a very good team and 'at that level' by most peoples standards!

Now... :focus:

Why is it USC fan wants to talk down these sanctions as if it were only Bush who gave up his amateur status when in fact both the NCAA & USC probes found both CFB player Bush and CBB player Mayo forfeiting their amateur status?

It compounded the sanctions IMO which not only led to the 2004 BCS NT vacate but also the FWAA NT and the Heisman forfeit as well as many CBB games and the inability to compete in post season play for two years.

The sanctions were a result of a dereliction of duty by the USC brass who thought they were untouchable as evident by the Mayo amateur status forfeiture prior to ever playing a game for USC. That was a slippery slope and a royal finger in the face as 'untouchable' to the NCAA.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
six months till the season starts and rivals are already at each other, love it

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jim, do you watch much college football outside of USC?

That year UCLA had their 8th consecutive win vs USC :rollseyes: and their 20th win in a row at 10-0 going into the final game of the season when the wheels fell off in an upset loss to Miami by 4 points.

And lost their last 2 including the Rose Bowl. Way to close strong Bruins. :lol:

Did Lane ever get 20 wins in a row?

Toledo did!

Pete Carrol says: 20 straight? How cute. Get back to me when you win 34 straight. :pound:

Anyway, a season finale win @ ranked Miami (Damn those coast to coast games, I know you feel me) had them in the National Championship Game that year, they were 10-0 going into the game v the Canes, so yes it was a very good team.

Instead they faced a damn good Wisconsin team in the Rose Bowl, also at 10-1 and despite scoring 76 points in their final two games, they still lost them both.

None the less a very good team and 'at that level' by most peoples standards!

Like I said, way to close strong Bruins. :clap:

Now... :focus:

Why is it USC fan wants to talk down these sanctions as if it were only Bush who gave up his amateur status when in fact both the NCAA & USC probes found both CFB player Bush and CBB player Mayo forfeiting their amateur status?

Uh, probably because it didn't have anything to do with the football team and it was the football team that got hammered even though what the basketball team was accused of was technically a much worse violation according to the NCAA.

It compounded the sanctions IMO which not only led to the 2004 BCS NT vacate but also the FWAA NT and the Heisman forfeit as well as many CBB games and the inability to compete in post season play for two years.

It didn't compound anything. The NCAA wanted to slap somebody down and flex a little muscle. There has been evidence shown in the McNair lawsuit that NCAA investigators went into it with the outcome essentially pre-determined. The judge in the McNair case has stated that the NCAA appeared to be malicious in their investigation. An appellate court has also denied the NCAA's request to have some 400 pages of internal e-mails and other documents sealed. I wonder why they were so determined to have those things sealed?

The sanctions were a result of a dereliction of duty by the USC brass who thought they were untouchable as evident by the Mayo amateur status forfeiture prior to ever playing a game for USC. That was a slippery slope and a royal finger in the face as 'untouchable' to the NCAA.

Your entire post shows that if you knew even half as much as you think you know. You still wouldn't know anything. The OJ Mayo situation is even weird. Tim Floyd who was the coach at the time, was accused of giving Mayo $1000. Not that he knew about it, not that someone acting on his behalf gave him the money, but that Floyd himself handed over the cash.

To this day, Mayo says he never received any money and to my knowledge, Tim Floyd has never spoken on the subject. USC fired Tim Floyd and self-imposed sanctions on the basketball team which, in my opinion, were ridiculously light considering the seriousness of the allegation. Personally, I was shocked when the NCAA accepted those sanctions.

The difference with the football team was that no one knew what the Bush family was up to. Even the wannabe agent said that everything was done off campus and behind closed doors because they knew Reggie could get in trouble. In fact, if Reggie had simply fulfilled his promise to be the wannabe agent and his stepdad's first client, no one ever would have found out. It only came to light when the wannabe agent realized that Reggie was unlikely to sign with them and he was afraid that he wasn't going to get his money back.

So, the NCAA goes light on the basketball team for a clear violation that they claim USC not only knew about, but the coach actually committed himself, then hammer the football team for a violation that they say USC "should have known about." I guess the only place in the universe where that makes any logical sense is at UCLA.:yahoo:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a better conference than ours?

The answer is no.

Too much fun.

Long live the PAC

The back and forths are epic. You never know what two fanbases will be at each other's throats.

LMAO

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a better conference than ours?

The answer is no.

Too much fun.

Long live the PAC

The back and forths are epic. You never know what two fanbases will be at each other's throats.

LMAO

Meh, I'm not at anyone's throat. I just believe in doing my part to help educate Bruins cuz dey a little slow on da uptake.

I'm just a good Samaritan like that. :lol:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your entire post shows that if you knew even half as much as you think you know. You still wouldn't know anything. The OJ Mayo situation is even weird. Tim Floyd who was the coach at the time, was accused of giving Mayo $1000. Not that he knew about it, not that someone acting on his behalf gave him the money, but that Floyd himself handed over the cash.

To this day, Mayo says he never received any money and to my knowledge, Tim Floyd has never spoken on the subject. USC fired Tim Floyd and self-imposed sanctions on the basketball team which, in my opinion, were ridiculously light considering the seriousness of the allegation. Personally, I was shocked when the NCAA accepted those sanctions.

The difference with the football team was that no one knew what the Bush family was up to. Even the wannabe agent said that everything was done off campus and behind closed doors because they knew Reggie could get in trouble. In fact, if Reggie had simply fulfilled his promise to be the wannabe agent and his stepdad's first client, no one ever would have found out. It only came to light when the wannabe agent realized that Reggie was unlikely to sign with them and he was afraid that he wasn't going to get his money back.

So, the NCAA goes light on the basketball team for a clear violation that they claim USC not only knew about, but the coach actually committed himself, then hammer the football team for a violation that they say USC "should have known about." I guess the only place in the universe where that makes any logical sense is at UCLA.:yahoo:
Nice with the insults, try to stay on topic. :L

Look, I don't think anybody but USC fan argues the '98 Bruins were a not a good team who played 'at that level' as jimbo put it.

I didn't say they were the best, never argued the wheels didn't fall off but neither loss was by more than a single score and both were to top ranked teams. On top of that, Whiskey had an 11-1 season, so a one score loss is hardly something to be ashamed of.

It takes a pretty good team to be 10-0, PAC Champions, No. 3 ranked and only a 4 point coast to coast road loss vs a ranked opponent away from a NT game.

Is there an argument here with those facts? That was jim's point, don't try to change it.

As far as the violations go tf, if you don't think OJ's involvement impacted the penalties brought on to the University of Southern California Athletics, than I don't know what to say, except there is some denial going on. It had everything to do with it...

Whether you agree with the penalties/severity or not that was not part of the debate, the point was USC Athletics were penalized as a whole because of the big picture of violations by the Athletics department and overall it was so very damning.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice with the insults, try to stay on topic. :L

Look, I don't think anybody but USC fan argues the '98 Bruins were a not a good team who played 'at that level' as jimbo put it.

I didn't say they were the best, never argued the wheels didn't fall off but neither loss was by more than a single score and both were to top ranked teams. On top of that, Whiskey had an 11-1 season, so a one score loss is hardly something to be ashamed of.

It takes a pretty good team to be 10-0, PAC Champions, No. 3 ranked and only a 4 point coast to coast road loss vs a ranked opponent away from a NT game.

Is there an argument here with those facts? That was jim's point, don't try to change it.

As far as the violations go tf, if you don't think OJ's involvement impacted the penalties brought on to the University of Southern California Athletics, than I don't know what to say, except there is some denial going on. It had everything to do with it...

Whether you agree with the penalties/severity or not that was not part of the debate, the point was USC Athletics were penalized as a whole because of the big picture of violations by the Athletics department and overall it was so very damning.

Actually, Jim's point was that the best example you could come up with was a team that couldn't finish what they started. No doubt that was a very good Bruins team. Never really understood what happened to that team. I thought they were the best team in the country, but if memory serves, there were some serious issues between the offense and defense that split the team. If that Miami game was played when it was supposed to be, I think you guys would have finished the season undefeated and been in the NCG.

On the sanctions, sorry, but you're wrong. You can continue to think what you want, but the fact is, the basketball team was accused of a far worse (according to the NCAA) violation and barely received a slap on the wrist. If anything, based on the accusation, the basketball program should have gotten sanctions closer to what the football team got and the football teams punishment should have been closer to what the basketball team got. But that wasn't the NCAA's agenda. They were always coming after the football team. The only other violation that they found was a women's tennis player who was found to have improperly used a phone access card to call home. I'm sure you think that had a lot to do with it too. :rollseyes:

The fact is that the NCAA went in with a pre-determined outcome, investigators were overheard saying that they were going to hammer USC before they ever arrived on campus, and they were going to do what they had to in order to reach that outcome. That is why the sanctions were so harsh.

The whole "big picture" came down to 3 players in 3 different sports. Reggie Bush and his family doing things that the only way USC could have known about would have been to hire private investigators to follow him and his family around, a basketball player who was allegedly given a $1000 by the coach and a women's tennis player who improperly used a phone access card. Not exactly the wild wild west, but feel free to cling to your notion about all of these "big picture violations" that were so "damning."

Status
Not open for further replies.